• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Continue here...

This information is coming from an admin who posted it on the main board. Any violation or deviation and the entire post will be removed. Follow this for the benefit of the forum.

Based on the original language as stated on the main board from site admins)...
1. Ground Rules for this Forum
2. General Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion (Non-Hockey Related) - Part 5

Welcome to the COVID-19 Forum. This is going to be an all consuming subject for some time. We think it deserves its own forum.
This forum is not limited to hockey-related talk.
You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.
Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"
Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.
How you're preparing, how this is affecting your community, news and information are the types of discussion this forum is for.
Pardon our dust we're going to be working out the kinks on this, if you have any recommendations or ideas you can send them to me VIA conversation message.
"This Forum does not provide medical advice It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the internet. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911."

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
thumb_94-funny-chihuahua-face-chihuahuas-memes-funny-funny-memes-53948188.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
COVIDiocy:

"We are not mandating that passengers wear a mask however we strongly encourage travelers follow CDC guidance to wear a face covering when social distancing is difficult," United Airlines spokesperson Nicole Carriere told CNN. "By providing the masks, we're making it that much easier for them to do so."

So, you've got an enclosed space with recirculating air, but you're not going to require passengers to wear masks?
Guess they don't want to offend the 1st class passengers?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We will officially cross 60,000 deaths today, all in approximately 60 days.

No other country has surpassed 30,000 yet.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
COVIDiocy:

"We are not mandating that passengers wear a mask however we strongly encourage travelers follow CDC guidance to wear a face covering when social distancing is difficult," United Airlines spokesperson Nicole Carriere told CNN. "By providing the masks, we're making it that much easier for them to do so."

So, you've got an enclosed space with recirculating air, but you're not going to require passengers to wear masks?

That airline really is the f***ing worst. Absolute trash people running it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
COVIDiocy:

Ive been agreeing with most of your opinions on this matter, but this is TERRIBLY presumptive. I often fly first class just due to the sheer volume of flights I have to take for work and my subsequent flyer status. Meanwhile, I wear a mask when I'm outside for longer than it 5 minutes,including walks around the neighborhood.

Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ive been agreeing with most of your opinions on this matter, but this is TERRIBLY presumptive. I often fly first class just due to the sheer volume of flights I have to take for work and my subsequent flyer status. Meanwhile, I wear a mask when I'm outside for longer than it 5 minutes,including walks around the neighborhood.

Do you think any airline would hesitate to inconvenience coach passengers?
The same airlines that shrunk seats over the last two decades to the point that flying is torture for the peasants.
If they're not mandating it, it's because they're afraid it'll piss off the business class/1st class passengers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Do you think any airline would hesitate to inconvenience coach passengers?
The same airlines that shrunk seats over the last two decades to the point that flying is torture for the peasants.
If they're not mandating it, it's because they're afraid it'll piss off the business class/1st class passengers.

A very good portion of the 1st class passengers - or at least, of the flights ive been on - are people who are upgraded there. I won't speak for all airlines, of course, but most of the american flights im on have 1/2 - 3/4 of the 1st class seats available at the time I check in, meaning most of the people in those seats are getting them strictly because they have status, not because they are wealthy-to do ers.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but this notion that anyone who sits in first class is going to cause a stir as some right wing Coronavirus-is-a-political-hoax-give-me-my-freedomer is quite presumptive, that's all.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
A very good portion of the 1st class passengers - or at least, of the flights ive been on - are people who are upgraded there. I won't speak for all airlines, of course, but most of the american flights im on have 1/2 - 3/4 of the 1st class seats available at the time I check in, meaning most of the people in those seats are getting them strictly because they have status, not because they are wealthy-to do ers.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but this notion that anyone who sits in first class is going to cause a stir as some right wing Coronavirus-is-a-political-hoax-give-me-my-freedomer is quite presumptive, that's all.
You're one of those snobs that throws a fit if they're not upgraded to first class aren't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad