• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yet Philly folks still genuflect at a statue for a fictional boxer:ha::ha:

The statue was designed for a scene in Rocky III and was then donated to the city. Its not like the city had it built to pay homage lol. No one worships at its alter, but it does sort of act as a tribute to the underdog mentality of the city. Its just a tourist attraction at the end of the day.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'll take " Things I'll happily pay someone to do in the future" for 2,000, Alex.

The answer there:

20200502_133444.jpg

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jose Andres is a tremendous human being. If youre not familiar, hes a world-famous chef. He has appeared on tons of cooking shows and was a regular on Bourdain. Anywho, this is an interesting non-political thread.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
My brother was so bad he got booted from Lincoln and went to Swenson lol

I went to Father Judge, which I hated (no girls)

Lol Swenson... Like 15 years ago I used to work up near the old Nabisco factory and I'd take the bus home down the Boulevard. At least 2 or 3 times a week you'd get stuff thrown at a bus that was full (lot of factories that have since closed and the IRS used to be up there with a crap ton of people) and so the bus 'skipped' the Red Lion stop where all of the Swenson students were waiting.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My brother was so bad he got booted from Lincoln and went to Swenson lol

I went to Father Judge, which I hated (no girls)

I went to Judge too. The co-ed thing never bothered me to be honest. Like I never really considered Ryan.

Like my main core of friends mostly came from my grade school anyway which is essentially consolidated into parishes unlike the high schools.

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Gotcha. I'll have to expand my viewing as I don't do dramas, sitcoms or movies. I'm more of a First 48/true crime or documentary watcher.

It's a comedy for sure. I'm not sure if by sitcom you mean the old clunkers you used to get on Friday nights. I would say it's smarter and a bit more absurd than those (again, if you blow through the first season).

Reactions: Asnito

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Jose Andres is a tremendous human being. If youre not familiar, hes a world-famous chef. He has appeared on tons of cooking shows and was a regular on Bourdain. Anywho, this is an interesting non-political thread.

i LOVE him. Love him.

My favorite restaurant ever is his

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I went to Judge too. The co-ed thing never bothered me to be honest. Like I never really considered Ryan.

Like my main core of friends mostly came from my grade school anyway which is essentially consolidated into parishes unlike the high schools.

Judge was a sardine can packed with sweaty dudes.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad