May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hockey just ends in ‘scary’ Belarus for brother of Flyers prospect

Some Flyers coronavirus content.

Wow. I mean, I really enjoyed speaking to Maxim when I met him in Copenhagen. Funny guy and so passionate about everything.

Belarus is the last dictatorship in Europe... and Maxim minced no words:

“It’s getting worse and worse. In Belarus it feels like it’s way different,” Sushko said. “We don’t have quarantine here. We don’t have nothing here. Our president, he said it’s not that bad in Belarus, blah, blah, blah, but they’re trying to hide it, how many people have the virus. I don’t know. Here, everything is open. You can go everywhere. Restaurants, clubs, everything. But when I was leaving USA, I remember how bad it was over there when every single thing was closed. Even here, I’m not going. I’m just going to a gym, but it’s a personal gym and only a couple of people are there. I can order food and go home, that’s it. Even if I’m walking, I’m walking somewhere where it’s no people at all or at night when there’s no people. It’s scary.”

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hockey just ends in ‘scary’ Belarus for brother of Flyers prospect

Some Flyers coronavirus content.

Wow. I mean, I really enjoyed speaking to Maxim when I met him in Copenhagen. Funny guy and so passionate about everything.

Belarus is the last dictatorship in Europe... and Maxim minced no words:

“It’s getting worse and worse. In Belarus it feels like it’s way different,” Sushko said. “We don’t have quarantine here. We don’t have nothing here. Our president, he said it’s not that bad in Belarus, blah, blah, blah, but they’re trying to hide it, how many people have the virus. I don’t know. Here, everything is open. You can go everywhere. Restaurants, clubs, everything. But when I was leaving USA, I remember how bad it was over there when every single thing was closed. Even here, I’m not going. I’m just going to a gym, but it’s a personal gym and only a couple of people are there. I can order food and go home, that’s it. Even if I’m walking, I’m walking somewhere where it’s no people at all or at night when there’s no people. It’s scary.”

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Entire bill is trash.

It's not trash, it's "sausage."

Putting together a $2 trillion stimulus package in a week, designed to get money into consumers' hands and to keep companies from cutting payroll is not easy.

And while of course there is corporate lobbying, the most effective lobbying is constituent lobbying, the guys back in your district who give money to your campaign, go to your church, golf with you and their daughter is getting plowed by your son. When they call you up asking for help, that is more impactful than a CEO (of course, it takes a critical mass of constituents to get a Congressman motivated).

The result is a bill like this becomes a mishmash of policy designed by experts (or in the case of this administration, pseudo-experts), corporate interests, and local interests. And because the timeline is so short, the horse trading is far more intense.

Thing is we're a representative government and our representatives represent local interests first and national interests second.
Always has been that way, always will be.

Key is to have someone like LBJ who understands the art of the political deal - and that it's a repeated game, your reputation is as important as your spine of steel - because lie once to someone's face and you'll never be trusted again. You can be a SOB, but you need to be a reliable SOB.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
12,461 loans so far allegedly for $3.9B.

That’s 0.04% of small businesses in this country and 1.1% of the money allotted.

Almost like anyone capable of having a thought saw this coming.

Edit: Oops, old numbers.

13,669 loans and $4.3B

0.04% of businesses and 1.2% of money.
Yes. Because every small business will apply for a loan in the first two days if the program.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes. Because every small business will apply for a loan in the first two days if the program.

I'm referencing the fact that there's a much higher percentage of money used than percentage of small businesses that have applied. Aka the money is going to run out long before everyone can be helped.

Unless you were just saying the same thing that I was saying and were serious about every small business applying in the first two days.

I originally read your response thinking that I meant those percentages were small and sarcastically saying that all small businesses are going to apply in the first two days.

Carry on.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Dr. Fauci knows more about what is going on than anyone in her state government. You want to know why this virus will go in longer than it should? Because we have people on government who have a stick up their ass and they have a sense of entitlement. I am guessing people close to her need to die. Then she will issue some weakass statement and give the order.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Funny how states' rights end when the Trump Administration wants to ease CAFE standards on cars, so California's exemption is discarded after 40 years.

States' rights was a dog whistle for segregation, for you youngsters.
And before that, while states' rights was given as a cause for the Civil War, the real trigger was the Dred Scott decision which imposed the Fugitive Slave Act on non-slave states, a gross violation of states' rights.

Watch what I do, not what I say.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Looks like K'Andre Miller suffered from that type of Zoom shenanigans that I posted about earlier.

I blame @JojoTheWhale even though he explained exactly what was going on and Monkey (@Beef Invictus ).

This happened with a public hockey analytics call too, causing them to shut it within 15 minutes. It's not worth trying right now as you don't have the tools to handle the public.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Well if Cuomo had made any inroads with Upstate NY he just destroyed it. He's taking respirators and supplies from upstate to use in NYC. I guess it depends on just how many he's leaving behind but people up here are starting to get pissed that just because they're not using them all this second doesn't mean that they won't need them within a week. It's kind of a Sophie's Choice but I'd think there'd be a better way than sending the National Guard to grab this stuff. My Libertarian respiratory therapist friend is raging right now. I already miss when all his Cuomo rants were about MY GUNS.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would say he doesn't have all the information

Are you f***ing kidding me

Yes, because she had a brilliant academic career before she went into politics.

Strawn attended Northwest Missouri State University,for one semester (Fall 1977) where she took classes in business, consumer sciences and clothing sales and design. She dropped out of college after one semester. She later took classes at Southeastern Community College in the late 1980s, and then took accounting classes at Southwestern Community College between 1992 and 1995. She did not earn a degree from any of these institutions. In 2016, Reynolds received a Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree from Iowa State University.

Reynolds was twice charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, first in 1999 and again in 2000. The 2000 case was originally charged as a Second Offense OWI, but eventually reduced to First Offense OWI. Reynolds was sentenced to pay a $1,500 fine and serve 12 months of informal probation. A related open container charge was dropped entirely. In 2017, Reynolds stated that she sought inpatient treatment for alcoholism following her second arrest and that she had been sober for nearly 17 years.

Kim Reynolds - Wikipedia

Now 58, Kevin Reynolds is a soil conservationist, an avid outdoorsman and a 36-year veteran of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Reynolds began her career as an assistant to an independent pharmacist in Mount Pleasant. The job that sent her down the path of public service came a few years later, after her family moved to Osceola in the early 1990s.
The job? Motor vehicles clerk in the Clarke County Treasurer’s Office. Less than four years later, she was the county treasurer, winning the office after the incumbent opted against seeking re-election.

To put this in perspective, the population of Clarke County in 2017 was 9,374.

How Kim Reynolds ascended to Iowa's governorship

Well, it's obvious she's well qualified.

Reactions: DancingPanther

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well if Cuomo had made any inroads with Upstate NY he just destroyed it. He's taking respirators and supplies from upstate to use in NYC. I guess it depends on just how many he's leaving behind but people up here are starting to get pissed that just because they're not using them all this second doesn't mean that they won't need them within a week. It's kind of a Sophie's Choice but I'd think there'd be a better way than sending the National Guard to grab this stuff. My Libertarian respiratory therapist friend is raging right now. I already miss when all his Cuomo rants were about MY GUNS.

Don't think he has much choice since the Feds won't send him anything.
It's basically putting out fires, get everything to NYC, then shift it upstate in a couple weeks when you get the big fire under control.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The brazen arrogant idiocy from some of the leaders in America never ceases to amaze
Unfortunately I have a colleague who continues to say this is all exaggerated although he has moderated some after describing it as a hoax and attempt to soil Trump for the election. He has been just going out regularly even though he is 70 and said he thinks it is exaggerated bc the hospitals are not all full. I mean I just stayed quiet over the phone today and tried to stick to business....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad