All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part V - Janitor in a Drum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If the players are trying to get their hands on whatever little income is still flowing into the league they may want to be very careful about how hard they push for what is sure to be a small amount relative to their normal income.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Another xenophobic tweet accusing the flawless and trustworthy Chinese government of dishonesty.

I can’t believe it. Why won’t people just blindly trust their reports? Why would they lie?

I dont trust what our government tells us when there is a crisis. Never mind China.
Oh and before conservatives jump on my shit, I have felt like that for decades.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Wonder if you can transmit COVID-19 through a fart....guessing so since they have reported it can transmit via fecal matter...small percentage of intestinal issues.

A biker just rode by me at the Wissahickon and blew one out ..

Remember briefly dating a chinese girl...cute but she had no etiquette...would fart at will....

Prolly should look into that underwear that trap farts...

Shreddies

Update: I am effed...

Why You Should Flush With The Lid Down: Experts Warn Of Fecal-Oral Transmission Of COVID-19

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Wonder if you can transmit COVID-19 through a fart....guessing so since they have reported it can transmit via fecal matter...small percentage of intestinal issues.

A biker just rode by me at the Wissahickon and blew one out ..

Remember briefly dating a chinese girl...cute but she had no etiquette...would fart at will....

Prolly should look into that underwear that trap farts...
This is something.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In a post about untrustworthy governments you somehow leave out North Korea?
They have no reason to lie. They have things under control.

● Kim Jong-un and Korean scientists formulated a miracle drug, according to Newsweek – a combination of ginseng and “rare earth elements” that, with one injection, can cure or treat Aids, Ebola, many cancers, heart disease, impotence, the common cold, “harm from use of computers”, epilepsy, all forms of hepatitis, venereal disease and ageing. It also, for some reason, renders its users “anti-radioactive.”
● Kim Jong-un could drive at age 3 and was a competitive sailor at age 9.
● Kim Jong-un and North Korean archaeologists also found a unicorn’s lair, or at least “recently reconfirmed” the location of unicorns ridden by the ancient Korean King Tongmyong, according to The Guardian. If people are distrustful of the discovery, it has a rectangular rock in front that reads: “Unicorn Lair”.
● Korean news agencies reported that Kim’s father, Kim Jong-il, learned to walk at 3 weeks old and once shot a round of golf that included 11 holes-in-one.
● People surprised by his greatness should only remember the day he was born, when a double rainbow suddenly appeared in the sky.
● Also, Kim Jong-il could control the weather, too.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
They have no reason to lie. They have things under control.

140806-kim-jong-un-lubricant-factory-1030a_57ddcc648149ca988729a77e720e3a22.fit-760w.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's a difference between "spin" and outright lying.
Spin is putting the best face on facts, it's basically what lawyers are taught, how to lie with the truth, by selectively omitting unpleasant facts.
Lying is just that, stating that something demonstrably false is true or something true is false.

Now at times people lie because they don't fact check and state something is true because they want to believe it's true.
So the claim that the Trump administration cut funding for the monitoring program was false, the Administration tried to cut funding but Congress re-instated it. People failed to check what actually happened so they went on a memory of intent, not result.

But a blatant like is Hannity saying he didn't call COVID a "hoax" when there's videotape of him doing just that.

One rule about lying is make sure you can't be caught, no video or audio recording, and only one or two witnesses of dubious character.
Problem is with cellphones, you can't tailor your message to subgroups anymore and pretend you didn't say that, as Mitt Romney discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad