All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part IX: [READ SITE RULE IN OP] Monorail Business Is A Boomin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tumblr_pr9djlWJRi1uqouabo4_500.gifv

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah, I have a buddy who works at the federal courthouse in their IT department, he said it was an absolute nightmare when they switched to work from home. They had no policies, no procedures, and honestly, not even enough equipment to give everyone the tools they needed to appropriately work from home. They were giving people tablets to use as laptops, because they had no choice. Meanwhile, he regularly gets calls from judges saying "my printer wont print" and it turns out they dont even have the printer turned on.

Yeah, the forecasting model im using is a roughly 30% rate of people never actually coming 'back' to work. I imagine that does wonders for the IT (in general) world, as you have companies forcing people to work from home who arent really used to that idea, and can't troubleshoot basic things. I dont fault you at all for taking advantage of whats going on. People can bitch and moan about how serious this is or isn't, but theres no denying that its going to have a lasting effect on the way we go about our lives. Whatever 'normal' was wont exist again for a long time, if ever.

I have been wondering how many people are going to be found to be "non-essential" by companies who have to operate with a smaller staff while this is going on, because some of them will be able to function with "less bloat" staff-wise than they realized. The environment is going to be one beneficiary of increased work from home, which is nice, because if someone doesn't do something soon to protect my worldwide salmon, it's ****ing Rampage Time.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Yeah, I have a buddy who works at the federal courthouse in their IT department, he said it was an absolute nightmare when they switched to work from home. They had no policies, no procedures, and honestly, not even enough equipment to give everyone the tools they needed to appropriately work from home. They were giving people tablets to use as laptops, because they had no choice. Meanwhile, he regularly gets calls from judges saying "my printer wont print" and it turns out they dont even have the printer turned on.

Yeah, the forecasting model im using is a roughly 30% rate of people never actually coming 'back' to work. I imagine that does wonders for the IT (in general) world, as you have companies forcing people to work from home who arent really used to that idea, and can't troubleshoot basic things. I dont fault you at all for taking advantage of whats going on. People can bitch and moan about how serious this is or isn't, but theres no denying that its going to have a lasting effect on the way we go about our lives. Whatever 'normal' was wont exist again for a long time, if ever.
This is going to be @JojoTheWhale
upload_2020-4-17_12-36-41.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
People hopping on social media talking about cryptocurrency like they’re Bernie Madoff is one my biggest annoyances. :laugh:

My favorite question when someone is evangelizing Bitcoin to me is "OK, so how do you readily turn that back into cash?"

Two different people told me there is a mythical Bitcoin ATM in Colorado that gives you cash. Neither could answer who maintains this ATM. One of them lives in Hawaii and put every drop of his money into Bitcoin.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I have been wondering how many people are going to be found to be "non-essential" by companies who have to operate with a smaller staff while this is going on, because some of them will be able to function with "less bloat" staff-wise than they realized. The environment is going to be one beneficiary of increased work from home, which is nice, because if someone doesn't do something soon to protect my worldwide salmon, it's ****ing Rampage Time.
upload_2020-4-17_12-46-59.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad