All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion IV - Splendid Isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Hope everyone is staying safe. I'm in the middle of a 14 day quarantine because I worked with someone whose wife tested positive. Neither my co-worker nor myself have any symptoms, so I hope everything will be okay.

On a sad note, I have come to the realization that Brandon Manning will probably never make it back to the NHL. It's a shame, but life goes on. Take care guys.

All of the pro leagues are shut down Brandon, but I'm glad you are taking quarantine seriously and that you are healthy. You'll get a chance in the minors or Europe, I'm sure, once this is all over.

Maybe someone in the Flyers org can put you in touch with Stewie and he can sell you on the EIHL. If you train hard and watch tape I bet you have a chance at cracking a roster.

Be well.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the show
giphy.gif

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
You went through much of the same that I did, maybe a month later than I did. I wish we could look at it and confidently say, "I caught this and my body fought it off". But the unfortunate thing is one virus can be so genetically similar to the next that it presents the same or similar symptoms. It's really impossible to say whether you or I had the virus unless we got tested. I'm in Upstate New York, where they don't hardly have the resources/manpower to do so.

Agreed. Unless we know definitively, we are guessing and should not alter our behavior as if we had. I'm in northern Delaware, which is not an overly densely populated area, but is in the broader Philadelphia vicinity. I also do a lot of work in the local music scene, which puts me in close physical contact with many people. Obviously, that has changed over the past couple of weeks.

Reactions: Pilut Light

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Is it ok to be pissed the administration sent aid to China but not pissed Senators are asking for aid to be sent to Palestinian territories?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is it ok to be pissed the administration sent aid to China but not pissed Senators are asking for aid to be sent to Palestinian territories?

Sending aid to China isn't a problem. That's always a sound foreign policy move.

The idiotic part was not immediately restocking our supplies. It goes back to that crippling lack of preparation and basic foresight that has made this response such a miserable failure.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Sending aid to China isn't a problem. That's always a sound foreign policy move.

The idiotic part was not immediately restocking our supplies. It goes back to that crippling lack of preparation and basic foresight that has made this response such a miserable failure.
Let’s just blame Obama because he left the shelves bare........ thanks Obama! It’s only been three+ years.... no accountability.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019

But it's ok to send supplies to Palestine while we are still short ourselves?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

Let’s just blame Obama because he left the shelves bare........ thanks Obama! It’s only been three+ years.... no accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad