All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion IV - Splendid Isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@WeHaveBeenFletched
Forget about anything else other than what I have said. Stop bringing anything else into it.
You cannot use any data from a country to define the on going problem. It’s an undefined variable where as there are known numbers you can go off of.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The NH Governor ordered all non essential state workers and business closed until May 4. So my wife will find out tomorrow if she has to work from home. I just hope there isnt a lot of small businesses that wont be able to open even with the government assistance after we turn the corner in all this.
My stress and anxiety level is crazy high right now.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So with the world polluting less...how much time are we buying from climate change....a few days so far? Did my hike in the woods today...air feels and "looks" clearer..

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't like De Blasio, I think Biden is a "safe" mediocrity, in that like Truman, he'll hire people smarter than himself.
In fact, what was said about FDR is still true, you want a first class temperament and a second class intellect.
Reason is the most important thing a President does is hire the right people. And manage their interactions.
You get a Lincoln once a century if you're lucky.

The pandemic was foreseeable, because it was foreseen, the reason for the group on the NSC, I'm sure there are classified military studies, and of course the 2019 "War Games" where they went through a scenario eerily similar to exactly what we're experiencing to identify problems to be addressed.

South Korea was ready because MERS and SARS scared the bejesus out of them, had they been as contagious as COVID, we might be looking at a billion dead worldwide and the collapse of numerous countries. They knew China was a giant incubator for viruses.

The whole purpose of strategic planning and scenarios is to prepare for the unexpected and long-shot events.
But there's no point if you then ignore the lessons of this planning.
First rule of crisis management, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Presented without my opinion, though im sure you'll know how I feel

He is your leader.

In 2 weeks when he will want to start opening things, the people getting sick today who can't fight it will be on the dying list and it will look like Italy/Spain does today. I am sure 2 ventilators will suffice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Exactly.

"Keep Me In Your Heart" came to mind but that's suupppeerrrr dark.

I spend my time losing in Learned League, but there have been a handful of African history questions that I would have gotten right if I'd filtered them through Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. So that's gonna be my go-to move from now on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He is your leader.

In 2 weeks when he will want to start opening things, the people getting sick today who can't fight it will be on the dying list and it will look like Italy/Spain does today. I am sure 2 ventilators will suffice.

I personally think individual states will disregard anything he says. The PA governor Tom Wolf is not going to lift restrictions if it endangers citizens. Same with California governor Newsom, Ohio's DeWine, and many more i'm sure.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Holy shit...this is just today.
Screenshot_20200326-222948_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When the Republican governors like DeWine flip out on him, it's over.

I'm just curious what will happen in Texas when the rates start doing the exponential climb, maybe someone will breath on Dan Patrick.

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Exactly.

I spend my time losing in Learned League, but there have been a handful of African history questions that I would have gotten right if I'd filtered them through Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. So that's gonna be my go-to move from now on.

The brilliance and content level of Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner is awe-inspiring.

Zevon's writing from '76-'78 is as good as it gets.

Keep Me in Your Heart.... my sister was telling me it came on in her car last year, and her young kids, who were 5 and 9 or thereabouts then, said, "Yay! This song reminds me of grandpop!" And then in about 30 seconds they were all crying their eyes out.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Exactly.

Some others I'd add to the list:

Life'll Kill Ya
Indifference of Heaven
My Ride's Here
You're a Whole Different Person When You're Scared
My Shit's F'd Up
I Was in the House When the House Burned Down
Bad Karma
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Poor, Poor Pitiful Me

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The US only had 4000 more cases today than it had yesterday. No big deal.

It took 34 days for the US to go from 0 to 19,367 cases. And 6 days to go from 19,367 to over 85,000. And that's WITH social distancing and shutting everything down.

Holy f***ing shit

Reactions: BigToe and Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The brilliance and content level of Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner is awe-inspiring.

Zevon's writing from '76-'78 is as good as it gets.

Keep Me in Your Heart.... my sister was telling me it came on in her car last year, and her young kids, who were 5 and 9 or thereabouts then, said, "Yay! This song reminds me of grandpop!" And then in about 30 seconds they were all crying their eyes out.

Kids are brutal as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->