All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion - "I'm Not Sure What To Do With My Hands?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
You get used to it. Just dont get TOO used to it.
Haha I hear ya. I went out and played golf yesterday and made one last stop at Wegmans. All the meat/chicken was gone. Luckily I inadvertently stocked up last week. I was able to get everything I needed yesterday, so I don't plan on leaving my house for a while.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Haha I hear ya. I went out and played golf yesterday and made one last stop at Wegmans. All the meat/chicken was gone. Luckily I inadvertently stocked up last week. I was able to get everything I needed yesterday, so I don't plan on leaving my house for a while.

Smart plan. I came in to the office to finalize a few things (were 'optional' work from home) and since 6 am, theres been about 7 people come in on my floor. Normally I'd have seen about 100+ at this point.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Happy to see the Fed cut did so much to help calm markets.......but not surprised that an oligarch like the Prez would be so "very happy" to throw money at the problem. Banks took the money and said thanks...but we are still effed!

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
This is disgusting...
Trump 'offers large sums' for exclusive US access to coronavirus vaccine

The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

According to an anonymous source quoted in the newspaper, Trump was doing everything to secure a vaccine against the coronavirus for the US, “but for the US only”.

The German health minister Jens Spahn said that a takeover of the CureVac company by the Trump administration was “off the table”. CureVac would only develop vaccine “for the whole world”, Spahn said, “not for individual countries”.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh, ok. Wasn’t sure if it was in reference to the industry I’m in or if it was that.

Only if you bring the doggo treats.

No, just same old HC being the million dollar man stuff - I dont know which industry you're in so I wont comment. Just think of us little folk when you realize you have too much TP, please.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No, just same old HC being the million dollar man stuff - I dont know which industry you're in so I wont comment. Just think of us little folk when you realize you have too much TP, please.
I think that woman buying all the milk was his maid/personal shopper.

Reactions: Starat327

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is disgusting...
Trump 'offers large sums' for exclusive US access to coronavirus vaccine

The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

According to an anonymous source quoted in the newspaper, Trump was doing everything to secure a vaccine against the coronavirus for the US, “but for the US only”.

The German health minister Jens Spahn said that a takeover of the CureVac company by the Trump administration was “off the table”. CureVac would only develop vaccine “for the whole world”, Spahn said, “not for individual countries”.

America first, baby, let 'em all die.
That'll raise our international prestige and give us a great bargaining chip when negotiating trade deals!
Puts a new spin on "let me make an offer you can't refuse."

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I think that woman buying all the milk was his maid/personal shopper.

These comments are going directly against my campaign about being the everyday man. How much did @JojoTheWhale pay you?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The worst part about this whole thing is the unnecessary fear and anxiety that it’s causing in a lot of people. My poor wife is terrified and thinks her mom is going to catch this thing and die and that we are about to go in a depression worse than that of the 1930s.

I blame the f***ing media most of all. Instead of calmly providing legit news and reassuring, sensible advice, they have gone out of their way to stoke fear and paranoia. They make me furious.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The worst part about this whole thing is the unnecessary fear and anxiety that it’s causing in a lot of people. My poor wife is terrified and thinks her mom is going to catch this thing and die and that we are about to go in a depression worse than that of the 1930s.

I blame the f***ing media most of all. Instead of calmly providing legit news and reassuring, sensible advice, they have gone out of their way to stoke fear and paranoia. They make me furious.
Yeah it's really annoying to see so many different organizations, news outlets and politicians all say different things based on their own interests.

Just brutal.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I work in the Beverage Industry and if bars and restaraunts close in my state, i don't see how we are going to remain open during that time period of a shutdown. Financially it doesn't make sense to stay open in my opinion. However, here we are in the office today.

My son is medically fragile, has major health issues as you all know and we can't risk him getting sick. If we don't get some type of announcement from my company today I'm putting in for PTO if they don't allow me to work from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad