Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
giphy.webp

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Well just found out last Saturday my stepson was at a restaurant at the same time as a guy that tested positive for the virus a few days later. Luckily it's been 7 days and no symptoms. Hopefully the guy washed his hands and wasnt coughing or sneezing all over the bar

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
NBA telling it's players they can leave their team's cities (with some stipulations) but just further tells you they're not coming back anytime soon.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At this point I’m convinced I’m going to get it. People are just too stupid and careless, so no matter how careful I am, someone around me will do something dumb. I’m sure of it.

I wish I could just stay home and completely avoid other people for a couple of months but unfortunately that’s not possible.

Being at the mercy of other people’s competence is horrific.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
At this point I’m convinced I’m going to get it. People are just too stupid and careless, so no matter how careful I am, someone around me will do something dumb. I’m sure of it.

I wish I could just stay home and completely avoid other people for a couple of months but unfortunately that’s not possible.

I don’t say this often but... great post.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006

Before all this happened, look at how many men don't wash their hands walking out of the bathroom. That's probably not going to change now

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

I think tons of people are going to get it over the coming weeks. Confirmed or not. It’s always been about slowing the spread IMO. Something I thought was possible without too much of a dramatic change in our lives, but the stupid people you mentioned seem hellbent on making sure that isn’t the case

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Before all this happened, look at how many men don't wash their hands walking out of the bathroom. That's probably not going to change now

I think tons of people are going to get it. It’s always been about slowing the spread IMO. Something I thought was possible without too much of a dramatic change in our lives, but the stupid people you mentioned seem hellbent on making sure that isn’t the case

The worst possible thing that could've happened was the public finding out that it's unlikely to be dangerous for people who are young and/or mostly healthy.

Way too many people are too selfish and shortsighted to inconvenience themselves for the sake of others, so anything that doesn't affect them is seen as "not their problem". Most care about elderly/sick family or friends who are at risk, but unless they're convinced that there's an immediate danger to them, they won't take it seriously.

I don't even expect people to completely shut down their lives and shut themselves off from everything. All I want is for people to use common sense, the most basic level of hygiene, and a little extra care to be taken to make sure that they simply don't make things worse. But that's too much to ask.

There's good people out there who care and will do what they can to help, but there's enough who aren't. One idiot can do more damage than 100 people can do good.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

How many times have you gotten the flu? The actual flu, not just sick for 3 days in the winter.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The worst possible thing that could've happened was the public finding out that it's unlikely to be dangerous for people who are young and/or mostly healthy.

Way too many people are too selfish and shortsighted to inconvenience themselves for the sake of others, so anything that doesn't affect them is seen as "not their problem". Most care about elderly/sick family or friends who are at risk, but unless they're convinced that there's an immediate danger to them, they won't take it seriously.

I don't even expect people to completely shut down their lives and shut themselves off from everything. All I want is for people to use common sense, the most basic level of hygiene, and a little extra care to be taken to make sure that they simply don't make things worse. But that's too much to ask.

There's good people out there who care and will do what they can to help, but there's enough who aren't. One idiot can do more damage than 100 people can do good.

People should just sacrifice their lives for the next couple weeks. Not going out on a Saturday night for two weekends isn’t going to ruin your life. So what if you think it’s a “hoax” or not a big deal.

Seeing pictures of bars yesterday disgusted me. People are just so dense when it comes to seeing passed their own nose. The world revolves around them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People should just sacrifice their lives for the next couple weeks. Not going out on a Saturday night for two weekends isn’t going to ruin your life. So what if you think it’s a “hoax” or not a big deal.

Seeing pictures of bars yesterday disgusted me. People are just so dense when it comes to seeing passed their own nose. The world revolves around them.
And that’s exactly it, it’s not even sacrificing anything real. So you sit at home for a few days instead of going out when you don’t need to... what’s the harm in that? Ultimate worst case scenario is you’re bored.

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A whole damn shopping cart full of it? I’ve never done it (froze bread though) but that still seems crazily excessive.
I’m was trying to think how many of those I could even fit in my freezer and the answer is “not nearly enough”.

Perhaps she has a dedicated milk freezer for emergencies.

Reactions: SnS

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Never, but I’ve also gotten a flu shot every year since I was a toddler.

That's fair, but the flu shot is only a certain strain of flu. There's still other ones out there floating around. How many people do you know who have had the flu?

Basically, the point is no one cares about the flu. No one really takes precautions, I mean people legit go to work with it. There's no mad rush to quarantine it. I've had it once in my life, never had a flu shot. I know 2 people that had it this year. That's it, and it was at basically the epidemic level this year.

So, just relax. You'll be fine bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->