All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Just imagine what we can do with him with a proper off-season of training and development

he worked out with Matthews. So that’s pretty good.

bottom line is he is 26 years old and a consistent 20g 50pt pace player for multiple years.

I think he has a good shot to recover after a down year.

I think he got picked too high. There were rumours he he was really 20 in his draft year. But he can play and has played well in the league

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
he worked out with Matthews. So that’s pretty good.

bottom line is he is 26 years old and a consistent 20g 50pt pace player for multiple years.

I think he has a good shot to recover after a down year.

I think he got picked too high. There were rumours he he was really 20 in his draft year. But he can play and has played well in the league

That was Grigorenko.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Galchenyuk to center.

JT-Galchenyuk-Nylander

Asking a lot of him BUT Willy and JT are still on there strong side. Willy and Galchenyuk can both take all the zone entry duties. Jt takes left draw faceoffs and Willy right side. All have high skill and ability. Most potential of any line.

Reactions: The Cobra

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Galchenyuk to center.

JT-Galchenyuk-Nylander

Asking a lot of him BUT Willy and JT are still on there strong side. Willy and Galchenyuk can both take all the zone entry duties. Jt takes left draw faceoffs and Willy right side. All have high skill and ability. Most potential of any line.

JT should take all of the draws as he is doing right now...

He's 57% on draws right now. That is among the league leaders.

He's also a high end center whereas Galchenyuk is not. Galchenyuk is a winger.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
JT should take all of the draws as he is doing right now...

He's 57% on draws right now. That is among the league leaders.
Idk pretty sure Nylander still takes right side draws from time to time with JT at center and its not always cause he's waived out.

Could be a bit off Nylander barley even has faceoffs taken this year strange.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I literally can't imagine anyone calling this guy lazy. He's hard on every puck and extremely tenacious.

What happens in life often is that people are judged by the reality of what has happened or what is happening.

For example when we first obtained Galchenyuk I stated that I didn't think he was an NHL caliber player and I didn't think he would be good enough to play on our team. Guess why. It was because that was how he had played in his career to that point.

Since then he has NOT played like he did before he became a Maple Leaf. Thus he had previously been called lazy because that was a fact. He has not played like that since he joined our team.

[fact is the Maple Leafs are the greatest organization in the NHL and that alone provids impetus for a player to want to stay with the team and hence a better game]

EDIT ; intriguing that there is still a hold out or two in regards to posters who think Nylander is an NHL caliber centre. It is quite obvious that he is not at this point and I doubt he ever will be. Maybe it's just the poster type who have previously stated that he is and they just can't admit they wrong?

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Idk pretty sure Nylander still takes right side draws from time to time with JT at center and its not always cause he's waived out.

Could be a bit off Nylander barley even has faceoffs taken this year strange.

Nylander has 19 total draws this year. Fairly sure Tavares takes all of them unless he is waived out, which is not often.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad