All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He's been hitting, working hard, skating hard, decent D.... But it's been THREE games. THREE games is hardly decision making time on the guy. He needs to play hard for more than THREE games, and needs to start putting some points up. Next four games will be critical, for AG, and the Leafs.

I thought for sure he'd score against Ottawa, but the ex-Sen to do that was Spezza.
Somebody actually said it’s decision time on him? Not a chance, he will play the rest of the season if he keeps playing the same. He’s good and hasn’t even scored yet is my take anyways

Reactions: The Cobra

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Going back to his Montreal years, I believe he had quite the reputation as a partier. Also, a player who relied on his natural talents (limitations included) without the commitment to working hard.
He wasn’t serious enough basically. Haha oh well shappens :)
All the money and women and beer. Yep

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I will say that he has surprised me. I didn't think he was an NHL caliber player. He has shown that he is or most certainly can be.

Going back to his Montreal years, I believe he had quite the reputation as a partier. Also, a player who relied on his natural talents (limitations included) without the commitment to working hard.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is a very very unclear comment.

What in the world does being a partier have to do with maturity level?

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Most of the HF users are idiots.

If you even watched all his games --- ESPECIALLY last game, where he got 0 points. He hard 4-5 A grade scoring chances. Hell he could've scored twice and had an assist to go along with it last game. He looked amazing.

Most people here think that Thornton is faar better than Galchenyuk, --- Just because Thornton's old, can't play defense, can't skate, and can make a pass once in a while.

Reactions: The Cobra and dubey

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
2 crucial assists including that beauty drop pass to JT on the 2nd goal. He might be a little snake bit but he's been fantastic so far and I would argue one of the biggest reasons we won the game today.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That between the leg pass to Nylander was pure mojo. Glad to see the Leafs rehabilitation of his career is working out for all of us. That second line was huge tonight.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Honestly. Just going to say it. He’s top 5 on our team in terms of talent, easily. Shows flashes every game.

Would love to see him get a chance on the top line, or at the very least, a shot on the powerplay.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Even his second assist, he made a gorgeous feed to Holl, who fanned on the shot. Than Willie scored off of that.

This guy has been doing nothing but creating high grade scoring chances since he's joined the Leafs, yet, Thornton is still superior to him because "hes a veteran".

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Most of the HF users are idiots.

If you even watched all his games --- ESPECIALLY last game, where he got 0 points. He hard 4-5 A grade scoring chances. Hell he could've scored twice and had an assist to go along with it last game. He looked amazing.

Most people here think that Thornton is faar better than Galchenyuk, --- Just because Thornton's old, can't play defense, can't skate, and can make a pass once in a while.
Just the player the Leafs needed and got him basically for free. If he can start scoring - watch out!

Reactions: The Cobra and klmdg

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Honestly. Just going to say it. He’s top 5 on our team in terms of talent, easily. Shows flashes every game.

Would love to see him get a chance on the top line, or at least the very least, a shot on the powerplay.

Take out Thornton/Simmonds (Thornton preferably) and put in Gally on the PP
In terms of offensive talent ranking, on the Leafs,I have:
1) Matthews
2) Marner
3) Nylander
4) Tavares
5) Galchenyuk
6) Spezza
7) Rielly
8) Hyman
9) Kerfoot

Last edited:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Ripped one off the bar right before the Oilers' first goal and then two assists in the comeback. Great game from Galchenyuk. Hope he keeps this up, he's been generating some nice offense so far.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Think he’s really starting to click with the 2nd line

If he keeps this up it will be an amazing pick up

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: