All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
i know, I was just curious as to why you choose it is all

"Je coupe ton asti de pied au nom de Kunta Kinte" I heard the name during a battle and It made me remember that old tv/movie so I just ran with it. I love black people, their culture, history etc. Thee is no specific reason. I used to be "Slick Eller" but when he moved I had to change.

Off topic I know but I always wanted my kids to watch that series and I’ve never been able to find it. I remember it being an eye opener for me as a kid.

Yes, I agrre, it was eye opening.

Reactions: Mr Hockey

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
OHHH ,,,that salt from the scabs fans in the main board/ trade thread is getting deep

this has GOT to be killing a few of them

I mean, I couldn't care less for Galchenyuk. He hasn't played a game for us til 2018 and no capping, the year we made that trade, Domi was asbolutely dominant. So its not like anyone ever missed Galchenyuk.

He had a good one timer tho, I'll give him that. Its just his play without the puck and when he is in his own zone he literally just float around, he won't break a play ever. I always liked him tho, loads of talent. But trust, he made like 67 teams before ending up on the Leafs, I think everyone already griefed him haha.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
'The Gallery' has been putting on a display.

While linemates are getting a feel for each other, his pts/60 while on Toronto have been higher than McDavid's season totals.

Leaf Fans: hE hAsN't ScOrE a GoAl, ToTaL bUsT!!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
OHHH ,,,that salt from the scabs fans in the main board/ trade thread is getting deep

this has GOT to be killing a few of them

As a Habs fan, and a Galchneyuk fan, it's not killing me so much. I got into many arguments with many Hab fans in our forum that we should bring him back - over the last few years, when he was available for trade, when he was a ufa, when he was on waivers, when he cleared waivers. So if hes able to get back to the 50 point player he perennially was with us, I'll more feel vindicated and happy for him.

Good kid, has some flaws in his game currently, but, imo, can overcome them. I'll be rooting for him, even when he's wearing our biggest rival's jersey (for hopefully the short time that lasts).

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
As a Habs fan, and a Galchneyuk fan, it's not killing me so much. I got into many arguments with many Hab fans in our forum that we should bring him back - over the last few years, when he was available for trade, when he was a ufa, when he was on waivers, when he cleared waivers. So if hes able to get back to the 50 point player he perennially was with us, I'll more feel vindicated and happy for him.

Good kid, has some flaws in his game currently, but, imo, can overcome them. I'll be rooting for him, even when he's wearing our biggest rival's jersey (for hopefully the short time that lasts).
Hey,,i didn't say all , i said a few are freaking out

Look i have been watching the leafs since 1970 ,,Gally looks like a John Anderson type forward ,,

the 3rd guy on a skilled line and he shines ,, JA had 6 30 goals seasons in a row,,, P totals from 57 to 80

JA had enough speed/skill/H IQ/ to compliment Derlago/Vaive

I see no reason why he can't pull that off here,,under these conditions

You give me a Anderson/Derlago/Vaive in Galy/JT/WN and the way they play 5 v 5? yes please alllll day long.

Last edited:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014

I had to watch Russ Courtnall in a Hab's jersey. It will never feel right.

Wonder if Galchneyuk could revive his career on Montreal? He's like a spouse you divorced because of the drinking and now there's a gap that could never be comfortably crossed again. It's quite possible he needed to go through all these things to be where he is now. If he started off in Toronto, not sure he could of come back to Toronto.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I am happy to eat crow on Gally. He looks outsatnding. A real fit with JT and Willy. I said it in the pre-game thread, I expected Sheldon to make an in game adjustment by moving Alex up to the 2nd line if the game was not going in our favor. Which is exactly what happened (humble brag). This is a game we lose 100% if Babs is the coach. Credit to SHeldon for recognizing that Gally had legs all night, and made the move to get him more minutes.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am happy to eat crow on Gally. He looks outsatnding. A real fit with JT and Willy. I said it in the pre-game thread, I expected Sheldon to make an in game adjustment by moving Alex up to the 2nd line if the game was not going in our favor. Which is exactly what happened (humble brag). This is a game we lose 100% if Babs is the coach. Credit to SHeldon for recognizing that Gally had legs all night, and made the move to get him more minutes.

I'm starting to have some problems with Keefe honestly. He's playing Tavares and Nylander as second liners when they are actually another 1st line. Marner/Matthews shouldn't be played that much when you've got depth. Galchenyuk really shouldn't have been on the 4th line to start.

Glad he was back just in time. Tavares and Nylander seem to play 15 mins a game right now and that's not good. No way should guys like Simmonds have more ice time than them in any game.

Habs fan here glad you are liking my ex favourite player lol wish him all the best even if it's with my most hated team :)

He's played good so far but it is really, really early. If he can continue it, he'll likely stick in the NHL as a top 9 forward (probably not on the Leafs unless he's looking to make near league minimum). No goals yet but I am just surprised at the way he's forechecking and being physical. I never really saw him as that kind of player.

Reactions: hamzarocks

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Screenshot_20210328-161816_Twitter.jpg

mikemar1

Apr 24, 2012
I mean, I couldn't care less for Galchenyuk. He hasn't played a game for us til 2018 and no capping, the year we made that trade, Domi was asbolutely dominant. So its not like anyone ever missed Galchenyuk.

He had a good one timer tho, I'll give him that. Its just his play without the puck and when he is in his own zone he literally just float around, he won't break a play ever. I always liked him tho, loads of talent. But trust, he made like 67 teams before ending up on the Leafs, I think everyone already griefed him haha.
Don't you have your own board?

Reactions: vpasla1

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I really think the media really caused a problem there, it was like hey he was drafted at center and now he's on the wing and he was top five pick so he must be a 1st line center. Soon as he dropped at center media was basically calling him a bust. Let's face it if you go in top five of any draft the media thinks you're supposed to be first line material and some drafts the 2017 one comes to mind it just isn't the case. Looking at Gally I'm like he not a superstar but he's not that bad either so it's pretty weird that he's all of a sudden on discard pile.

You’re wrong, he caused the issues. First with not listening to coaches and partying, then his father meddling in his career. He has nobody to blame for his career fizzling out. Should he have be brought in right away? He certainly had the skill but he never progressed.

You can’t blame the media, or coaches, this is on him if he wants to succeed.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Berezin was the best skater I ever saw live in the flesh of all the games I have seen in Toronto. The rest of the players looked as if they were skating in quicksand compared to his smooth, first gear speed. I can't help but wonder what he might have achieved in the NHL, if only...

In the league today, there is no reason a player with a level of skill can't succeed and win. It all comes down to drive. If Galchenyuk understands this, he is in the best place he could hope to be.

Really, is there any better spot a waived player could be in other than playing with Tavares/Nylander and a fairly talented team? This is the chance of a lifetime, and he can write his own ticket if he plays the same way he has the last four games.

Reactions: MattySnipes

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
You’re wrong, he caused the issues. First with not listening to coaches and partying, then his father meddling in his career. He has nobody to blame for his career fizzling out. Should he have be brought in right away? He certainly had the skill but he never progressed.

You can’t blame the media, or coaches, this is on him if he wants to succeed.
I'm more talking about the perception of him or any top pick, I surely didn't know if he was a problem child but there is definitely judgment if a top pick doesn't perform fast enough or has a drop off as he did then basically writing them off as we like to do by adding the word "bust" to every player that doesn't out perform our expectations. Plus I'm going on what you're saying that he was such as problem, these are the kind of players we have to try to help figure it out this is the kind of thing that needs to change in sports in general really.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Berezin was the best skater I ever saw live in the flesh of all the games I have seen in Toronto. The rest of the players looked as if they were skating in quicksand compared to his smooth, first gear speed. I can't help but wonder what he might have achieved in the NHL, if only...

In the league today, there is no reason a player with a level of skill can't succeed and win. It all comes down to drive. If Galchenyuk understands this, he is in the best place he could hope to be.

Really, is there any better spot a waived player could be in other than playing with Tavares/Nylander and a fairly talented team? This is the chance of a lifetime, and he can write his own ticket if he plays the same way he has the last four games.
oh it's better then the bolded , as the 2nd line,,,not the" it has to get done by us or we are doomed",,talk about shelter + chance

playing 3rd guy to JT/WN on the 2nd frggen line

Fandangle

Apr 29, 2018
I watched this guy from his draft and there is a lot of misconception about the guy even in MTL

First off he's not lazy.
Alex trains like Ivan Drago from rocky. He is clutch and can be a play-driver and plays with a level of emotion that counts in meaningful games. He had warts in his game but they were also his style. It's easy to spot him because his body will form the letter "A". The same A shape he dished the puck to Tavares from. Coaches don't like that coasting A sauce.
And about sauce.....fans were not aware the guy was dealing with alcohol issues...they'd say he looked lazy, but the guy was slurring his speech in interviews, and the pr machine kind of hid it till they couldn't. Montreal mishandled the human behind the athlete and he got railroaded outta town.
I'm really cheering for the guy and I think the leafs know exactly how to unlock his full potential. He could easily have his best years ahead of him getting to play with talent. Guy is a pure weapon on the PP. Has all the talent and life ammo to become a legendary hab killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad