All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
what exactly do you want to see from a 1m cap hit?

Not really sure?

Ive just seen a bunch of "hes been great". I wouldnt exactly say that. Hes been skating around, thats for sure. Hasnt been getting caved in offensively. He hasnt been better then Boyd or Vesey to this point.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
He continues his audition which has been alright to this point, I'd say he does need a goal pretty soon or at least a game where he conjours up some dangerous chances for himself and his linemates. He did have 3 shots in just under 13 mins last night none of which I would call being of the dangerous variety, but I really think the team needs more from the 2LW.

I don't think he's done anything to say he can't play in the league anymore, but has he really done anything to say he should be playing in the top 6?

I think it will take a couple more games before they can definitively say the job is his or it isn't his.

I'd like to see him succeed actually because something or somebody needs to spark that 2nd line, Spezza can't carry the team all by himself;)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He looks good and seems to be developing more chemistry with Tavares and Nylander with every shift.

Hopefully he can fill the void in the top 6 that we were looking to fill via the trade route and we can keep our top assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: LFCTML

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The best thing I have seen from him is that he works hard... when the pace of the game ramps up, he doesn't seem to be able to have much impact.
Does he have more to give? How in the hell did he score 30+ in this league one year? He doesn't hurt us, so I am okay with him in the lineup for now.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Not really sure?

Ive just seen a bunch of "hes been great". I wouldnt exactly say that. Hes been skating around, thats for sure. Hasnt been getting caved in offensively. He hasnt been better then Boyd or Vesey to this point.
I see wayyyyy more potential in AG,,,,the kid has had what 15/16 pro games since the season started and he is breaking in new lines mates and team

1p in 3 games and does not look out of place in the top 6 ,,is a damn good start

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He is more of same of what we already have in abundance ... skater boys with skill .. he is not gonna get us over da top in playoffs ... but he is better than Jumbo Joe who just can't keep up at all it is painfully obvious even on 4th line

Matty

Mitch
Zach

JT
Willy
Mik

Kerfoot
Simmonds

Engval
Spezz
Gally

Jumbo

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
He continues his audition which has been alright to this point, I'd say he does need a goal pretty soon or at least a game where he conjours up some dangerous chances for himself and his linemates. He did have 3 shots in just under 13 mins last night none of which I would call being of the dangerous variety, but I really think the team needs more from the 2LW.

I don't think he's done anything to say he can't play in the league anymore, but has he really done anything to say he should be playing in the top 6?

I think it will take a couple more games before they can definitively say the job is his or it isn't his.

I'd like to see him succeed actually because something or somebody needs to spark that 2nd line, Spezza can't carry the team all by himself;)

He probably would have had one in OT last night if Kerfoot had passed him the puck.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Great pick up, I love how hard he competes. He's always the hardest working guy when I see him on the ice, he'll get rewarded for his efforts sooner rather than later.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Team should utilize his one timer
I probably had a higher expectation than most with him coming in. Useful player for sure. Use him on PP2.
The fact he saw time in OT should tell us Keefe likes him.

But I wouldn't call him a kid LOL.

Reactions: nobody

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He's been meh. Some decent plays, but not generating much of anything in particular. Last night was his best game, started to finally shoot a bit.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I have been watching him play good defensively. He’s playing solid defense. The offense will be there. Looks good so far. All about awareness defensively for me because i know he can score. If this guy plays like this consistently we have a steal.
Gally/Tavares/Hyman is how I’m expecting it to shake out. Willy can play with Matthews and Marner or drive his own line playing center on 3rd line. It doesn’t matter to me.
Hyman with them will grind down low and be a excellent cycle line. They’ll be a handful if Keefe tries it

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
yeah that’s actually maybe what it looked like, a toe drag but with the puck further in front of him than you would expect to see a toe drag with.

If I recall correctly I figured he was repositioning the puck for a shot while keeping it out of range of a defender while he was moving through the slot. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He's been hitting, working hard, skating hard, decent D.... But it's been THREE games. THREE games is hardly decision making time on the guy. He needs to play hard for more than THREE games, and needs to start putting some points up. Next four games will be critical, for AG, and the Leafs.

I thought for sure he'd score against Ottawa, but the ex-Sen to do that was Spezza.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I think it's fair to say Galchenyuk has had a good start with the team, so far. There has been obvious hustle, some flashes of skill, a willingness to compete, and from all reports, a buy-in from AG to do what has been asked of him by both the Marlies and the coaches with the Leafs. I think he has blended well with Tavares and Nylander. My only 'observation', which is easily correctable is that Chucky is gripping the stick too tightly. Not with respect to his shot, but concerning his passes. He's absolutely wired some really hard passes to his line-mates which have understandably been bobbled and disrupted the control the line has had in the O zone. I believe this to be because of: a) he's only played 11 games this season and is trying to find his way into 'in season' form, and, b) he really wants his time with the Leafs to be a success.

If Galchenyuk has chucked the immature label and embraced a dedicated approach, he'll be a big steal for the team.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think it's fair to say Galchenyuk has had a good start with the team, so far. There has been obvious hustle, some flashes of skill, a willingness to compete, and from all reports, a buy-in from AG to do what has been asked of him by both the Marlies and the coaches with the Leafs. I think he has blended well with Tavares and Nylander. My only 'observation', which is easily correctable is that Chucky is gripping the stick too tightly. Not with respect to his shot, but concerning his passes. He's absolutely wired some really hard passes to his line-mates which have understandably been bobbled and disrupted the control the line has had in the O zone. I believe this to be because of: a) he's only played 11 games this season and is trying to find his way into 'in season' form, and, b) he really wants his time with the Leafs to be a success.

If Galchenyuk has chucked the immature label and embraced a dedicated approach, he'll be a big steal for the team.
is that what they say about him, that he is immature?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00