All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Bring him back and ice a 3rd line of Galchenyuk-Kerfoot-Nylander. Put JT with his grinders of choice. Our "bottom 6 just lacks too much offense to not space things out.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Bring him back and ice a 3rd line of Galchenyuk-Kerfoot-Nylander. Put JT with his grinders of choice. Our "bottom 6 just lacks too much offense to not space things out.
Gallchenyuk will most likely be resigned. And with Kerfoot they are your top 6 L/W ers. They have no choice. Can't sign a big name forward because Reilly is UFA in a year. They have no cap space. All of these patchwork signings are a joke. They can spin it anyway they want. Can see them in 5th next spring behind Tampa, Boston, Montreal & Florida. All four of them had good days on F/A Frenzy day.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I enjoyed watching him. I’m good if he’s back. Actually I’m a little surprised it hasn’t happened already.

I wonder if the holdup is on his side or the teams side.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I hope he returns on a reasonable deal. Glad we didn't go down the road of a lot of over-payments, between Robertson, Gally, Kerfoot and Bunting we should be able to sort out a couple of top line wingers.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Gallchenyuk will most likely be resigned. And with Kerfoot they are your top 6 L/W ers. They have no choice. Can't sign a big name forward because Reilly is UFA in a year. They have no cap space. All of these patchwork signings are a joke. They can spin it anyway they want. Can see them in 5th next spring behind Tampa, Boston, Montreal & Florida. All four of them had good days on F/A Frenzy day.

Montreal was crap and still is.

They have lost more of significance than they added between FA and long term injuries with core players

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I think Galchenyuk will be back. But it will have to be cheap.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Leafs have given him a reasonable offer, and he's taking some time on the market to see if someone else tops it. He'll sign for a year or two, for a million or two, very soon.

Reactions: The Iceman

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
As for Tampa and Boston.

The Bolts plugged holes they had to make to get under the cap, but largely still downgraded at almost every one of those positions.

The Bruins shuffled around a ton of chairs, but really don't look improved for it, beyond having Hall locked up, which is good for them.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Bold to assume zero progression from Caufield, Suzuki, Romanov

Most teams have young guys who can progress. You can't bank on internal development, but even if it's a safe ish bet, most every team experiences it to some extent

Last edited:

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
They’ll get better. What’s to say Matthews, Marner and Nylander still don’t get better?
Matthews and Nylander will most likely continue to round out their games like they have every season of their career

Marner on the other hand has developed the least out of any of the big 3. I can guarantee he shows up at camp the exact same player

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Matthews and Nylander will most likely continue to round out their games like they have every season of their career

Marner on the other hand has developed the least out of any of the big 3. I can guarantee he shows up at camp the exact same player
You’re probably right about Marner unfortunately.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

Without development how did Marner get named 1st team NHL All Star?
First Leaf since Salming.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Can't sign a big name forward because Reilly is UFA in a year. They have no cap space.

Surprised it's such an issue. If it were me, I'd get the players that I felt were needed to improve the team, then worried about getting under the cap later (even if it meant jettisoning a few high contracts). Clearly the guys already on the team aren't doing much, so why fret about losing them?

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I think he earned a second look. If he willing to sign a 1 year 1 million to 1.5 I am ok

He should be taking Joe T spot who can move up and down the line up

Now I don't know what to do with Joe Thornton Leafs Jersey

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
sure , if he wants to be the 13th forward i have no issues with it.
hes a good insurance policy but he is soooo bad defensively , he cant be an everyday player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad