All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He’s on his way to a bottom feeder to get his best possible contract. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was offered a small contract but (his agent) wanted more money and term. Dubas spoke as though the door was open to his return but now it’s too late.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sure, if you're getting a player like Bertuzzi. Move Kerfoot + Robertson + high pick. I just don't see Miles Wood creating more value than Galchenyuk at this point. Engvall gone for Galchenyuk would solidify our top 9.

A lot of people think we need to bring in another top 6 winger. I think the issue is bringing in a third line C and re-signing Galchenyuk / trimming the fat. We can figure out top 6 winger as a trade asset deadline wise if Buting/Kerfoot/Galchenyuk fail down the LW. This shift only happens if we sign a 3C which is why I think Bozak cheap would be a good pickup vs. Tatar.

I'm pretty sure the Bertuzzi worth Kerfoot, Robertson and a high pick retired years ago.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
We don't know things behind the scenes. He may have burned most of his bridges in the league.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
This is why Dubas is a crappy GM. Engvall and Mik are no where near as good as gally for the same money. Sign Gally and put those two on the Marlies, and if they dont clear waivers so be it.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Don't understand why he didn't re-sign here. He had a chance to put up 40-50 points and then cash in big next off season. He's probably been offered 1.5-2M and I doubt the same opportunities for success

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Don't understand why he didn't re-sign here. He had a chance to put up 40-50 points and then cash in big next off season. He's probably been offered 1.5-2M and I doubt the same opportunities for success

If he'd been offered 1.5-2M anywhere, he would have signed already. He was signed for $1.05 last year, so that would be a hefty raise for him. It wouldn't shock me, to see him back with the Leafs, but they've probably offered him a league minimum contract, and he's "exploring his options". Chances are, he'll end up taking that league minimum contract eventually.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

From the sounds of things its the Leafs who may have been reluctant to sign him. His agent certainly made a few statements indicating the player wanted a deal

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He’s probably looking hard for a multi year contract and I’m pretty sure that is something this team couldn’t offer. You might see term from Buffalo, Detroit, Anaheim, or San Jose but maybe even a bubble team like Vancouver might take a gamble on a few years. He performed pretty well in Toronto last year, it had to have boosted his value a bit, especially with all the praise from coaching and management he received.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
We might be exploring trade options for players like Engvall and have some agreement with Galchenyuk about contract. I think in any case it's league minimum or 900k contract with us. I think it would be logical to sign him after last season, though I would do trade first and sign him later. Though it's possible that we moved on or he priced himself out of here. Bunting was better option with 900k than Galchenyuk on my papers. Who knows, minor move in any case.

Reactions: banks

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If only you could combine Miks drive and speed with Galch’s skills and finishing….

Galchenyuk was showing some good drive and sometimes had good speed. His skills looked a little more raw at times than you'd think though for his general talent level and was definitely prone to brain cramps which we saw play out at the worst time.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
If only you could combine Miks drive and speed with Galch’s skills and finishing….

Or even gets Miks skills and finishing back from 2 years ago. Four organizations in the last three years have given up on Galy after one season or less. Is that an obvious red flag or just proof that he isn't a $3M player in the current market? If he's back, it was perhaps more a money thing. He does create a bit more offense than a bunch of returning forwards but his better years in AZ and Montreal were driven by his pp scoring and not what he was able to do even strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->