All Ovechkin talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
If properly calculated, it's not subjective at all. It apportions value to goals and assists in proportion to their relative scarcity.

Using a league Goal/Assist ratio of 1.725:

Ovechkin 24.1
Kane 23.9
Nash 23.3
Seguin 23.2
Tarasenko 22.0
Tavares 21.9
Stamkos 21.7
Pavelski 21.6
Voracek 21.2
Crosby 20.8

I appreciate this approach and believe that it hits much closer to the mark than "points," however, it still relies on using the secondary assist. I'm not advocating getting rid of it, but it is somewhat arbitrary. It is a traditional definition in hockey, but you could just as easily award up to three assists per goal (or just one).

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Filthy, just filthy. That much force coming off a backhand is unfair.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Ovechkin is an absolutely obvious candidate for MVP. And i don't care who's leading the team in points. Art Ross and Hart are two different trophies with two different definitions.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
Does anybody else think this is OV's best overall season?

yes especially if he has those minor dirty incidents, if he plays on this edge his game always impacts the game beyond points. in the past suspensions really got the better of him. now the "slash" on letang was nothing compared what he did in the past. to me the most of the force hit the blade of the skates... that would make this a trip if anything.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Some stupid incident takes the positive attention away from Ovi for the 2nd game in a row. People just want something negative to say about the guy. 5 game point streak right now. 5 goals, 4 assists and 9 points overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad