ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Maria held him back. No Maria = return of the beard. :sarcasm:

I think it was more like this:

December 9, 2010

3062e72692a9084b014e59df2ea65439.jpg

Ovechkin's scruffy look could be a thing of the past due to his new Gillette endorsement deal

http://www.examiner.com/article/ovechkin-signs-gillette-endorsement-deal

Stupid Gillette sabotaging Ovie! :sarcasm:

The beard is back, baby! :handclap:

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The other thread about the "slash" is ridiculous. Pens fans are being more biased than I have ever witnessed any fan's. :laugh:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So...is Ovechkin the favorite for the Hart?

I've criticized him a lot in the past but this season he's really bringing it in all aspects of the game. He's stepped up to the plate and really been there when the Caps needed him the most. He's almost single-handedly (ok, Holtby deserves some cred too) carrying the team to a playoff spot. I don't see anyone else having that big of an impact for their team this year. People talk about Getzlaf and he's been good too but I think Ovechkin has been even more impressive, at least lately. Still some ways to go.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
This could be Ovie's best or second best season. If he had connected on roughly half the posts and crossbars he's hit, he'd have another 12 goals.

Then he'd be sitting on 49 goals in 58 games which is 69 goals over an 82 game season. With the amount of goalscoring being down so much, that would be absolutely incredible. :amazed:

He'd also have 71 points which would translate to 100 points over an 82 game season.

He's been outstanding this year. :handclap:

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Wow what a game vs the Pens. Changed the dynamic of the entire game. Guy is a brick house.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
So...is Ovechkin the favorite for the Hart?

I've criticized him a lot in the past but this season he's really bringing it in all aspects of the game. He's stepped up to the plate and really been there when the Caps needed him the most. He's almost single-handedly (ok, Holtby deserves some cred too) carrying the team to a playoff spot. I don't see anyone else having that big of an impact for their team this year. People talk about Getzlaf and he's been good too but I think Ovechkin has been even more impressive, at least lately. Still some ways to go.

I love Alexander Ovechkin but come on, give Nicklas Backstrom a little credit. He is arguably the best PPQB for the #2 PP in the NHL and he's tied for 2nd in points in the NHL sitting right above Ovechkin in overall scoring.

Both players are having incredible seasons. However, these two are absolutely carrying that group of forwards that has good depth but clearly rely on that pair to make them a top 10 GF team in the league.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
I'm really, really impressed with the way Ovechkin is bringing it this season. He's actually contending for the Art Ross, something I thought he'd never do again!

Then again, Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos are kind of sucking it up for their standards, but still.

Gr8

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
I'm really, really impressed with the way Ovechkin is bringing it this season. He's actually contending for the Art Ross, something I thought he'd never do again!

Then again, Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos are kind of sucking it up for their standards, but still.

Gr8

Okay, enough is enough. I'm tired of Stamkos being put in the Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby category. Maybe when he wins a single MVP or actually hits 100 points or wins an Art Ross...Stamkos outscored Ovechkin for what two seasons when Ovechkin was certainly WAY below his standards.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Okay, enough is enough. I'm tired of Stamkos being put in the Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby category. Maybe when he wins a single MVP or actually hits 100 points or wins an Art Ross...Stamkos outscored Ovechkin for what two seasons when Ovechkin was certainly WAY below his standards.

How many players in today's NHL have scored 60 goals? That's why he gets put in that category. He's the second best goalscorer, not this season, but career wise.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI

Stamkos hit 90+ points three times, was on pace to do it again for a fourth year in the lockout season, and then got injured the next year.

Maybe he slots in at 4th with all those players, but he still has two Richards and is above anyone else in the league with respect to point production.

ryan519*

How many players in today's NHL have scored 60 goals? That's why he gets put in that category. He's the second best goalscorer, not this season, but career wise.

Fair enough. But before the start of this season, many people were putting him above Ovechkin overall, which is just ridiculous

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Fair enough. But before the start of this season, many people were putting him above Ovechkin overall, which is just ridiculous

Well it looks ridiculous now because Ovechkin is having a better season than last year. Stamkos was tearing it up before he broke his leg last year and looked as good as he ever has. Many people thought Stamkos would pick up where he left off.

Instead, Ovechkin has improved his play this year and Stamkos has regressed a little. At the start of the season however, I think a lot of people thought Stamkos would have a better year, which I don't think was ridiculous. I agree though, claiming Stamkos is better than Ovechkin right now is clearly wrong.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519

Many people were putting OTHER players above Ovechkin too.

HFboards is known for it's Ovi hate the last few years, I recall countless threads on Ovie where people claimed Kessel was better, ect.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Ovechkin thread I know, but people are acting like Stamkos is having a horrible year. :shake head

I don't think he will ever be as a good as Ovechkin was or is, but he is only a notch below in his goal scoring ability, which is pretty impressive. Biggest difference between the two is Ovechkin can take over games without scoring a goal, Stamkos really can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad