All Ovechkin talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Didn't he struggle badly in the first half of 2012-2013 then roar back in the second half to score 32 in 48, winning the Richard?

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
This is Alex Ovechkin we're talking about, the guy can just go on a 20 goals in 20 games stretch out of nowhere and there's still 50+ games left in the season.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
I don't think he'll be up there when the season is over. But yeah. 20 goals. Great.

How edgy. Health going his way, he hits 40 with ease. But we all see what your going for; it's cool to downplay the hottest thing going. Makes one look extra knowledgeable.

nwaZ*

How edgy. Health going his way, he hits 40 with ease. But we all see what your going for; it's cool to downplay the hottest thing going. Makes one look extra knowledgeable.

I wasn't being snarky. 20 goals so far is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

He's currently 10th with 14 goals in 30 games meaning he isn't scoring 0.5 GPG even.

Leading is Seguin with 23 goals. I think he'll cool down and possibly not win the Richard.

Stamkos has 18. Nash 20. Kessel 17.

Does anyone realistically see Ovechkin suddenly catch fire and make his way past all these players?

This year is either Seguin or Stamkos.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
I would love to see new name this year, maybe Seguin or Tarasenko? Ovechkin still will get his 40goals, but I doubt he makes it to the 50 under Trotz

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I don't know that he'll crack 40.

He's been completely Trotzed and he's carrying an out of his depth rookie as his RW. 3 even strength goals in his last 10 games. 6 total goals in his last 15.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Why will Seguin cool down (legit asking here)?

Tarasenko looks to be on a fairly sustainable rate, barring injury. Shooting percentage is in the realm of last seasons, just shooting almost twice as much. In just his third season, it looks like natural progression to being a bigger part of the team's offense and more confident.

Not sure if that will be enough for Richard territory, but anything below 40 goals would be a shock.

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
The annual Ovie's done thread already? People never learn, goalscorers are streaky. Ovie is shooting at a lower 9.9% than his career average (12.4%), while Seguin has a very unsustainable 19.3%, compared to his average of 10.7.
Only a matter of time before they start pouring in.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
Ovi is very streaky so a couple good games will put him right up there again. I don't think he'll win it but again, streaks.

If I had to choose, I would rather the Caps make the playoffs than see him get another Richard.

PenguinMario

Oct 21, 2011
Los Angeles
Why will Seguin cool down (legit asking here)?

Tarasenko looks to be on a fairly sustainable rate, barring injury. Shooting percentage is in the realm of last seasons, just shooting almost twice as much. In just his third season, it looks like natural progression to being a bigger part of the team's offense and more confident.

Not sure if that will be enough for Richard territory, but anything below 40 goals would be a shock.

Seguin is likely to slow down, his percentage is very high right now.

With Tarasenko, he hasn't played enough games for us to know what his baseline is.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He has the ability to come back but don't think he will this year. So much competition at the moment and he just doesn't seem to have the old spark.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Can't wait until OV gets on a heater. I'm dominating my hockey pool right now with a mediocre #8.

I think he starts rolling eventually, but I'm not sure it'll propel him ahead of the leaders by seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad