OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

How long until KD, Kyrie and Harden start having issues with the amount of touches they're getting? Three of the most ball dominant players (Harden easily #1, Kyrie is in the top5 and KD at the very least in the top10) in the league.. accident waiting to happen IMO.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

How long until KD, Kyrie and Harden start having issues with the amount of touches they're getting? Three of the most ball dominant players (Harden easily #1, Kyrie is in the top5 and KD at the very least in the top10) in the league.. accident waiting to happen IMO.

KD has made it very tough to enjoy watching that team.

Cant stand guys like Kyrie or Harden.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Cold Cat @Ghoste

GB to beat LAR by 4pts, took the over of 45.5 pts, thinking is GB will put up 24-27pts by themselves even though that Rams defense is amazing, it's Aaron Rodgers on GOD mode right now, LAR should be able to score 18-21pts, going to say 31-24 for GB

BAL to beat BUF by 4pts (sorry @Chaos2k7, they will be better next year), BAL is getting better week by week so this should be a great game but going to say 31-27 for BAL

KC to beat CLE by 8pts, going to say 38-24, KC will toy with them and win easily.

TB to beat NO by 4pts, took the under of 52.5 pts here, thinking was as good as TB and NO offenses are, Brees has been up and down lately, Brady looked a little shaky against a good WSH defense and both TB and NO defenses are fairly decent to keep a lower score of say 27-20 for TB

10$ bet again, $368 if all 6 bets come in.
Thoughts?
:cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos2k7 and Ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Cold Cat @Ghoste

GB to beat LAR by 4pts, took the over of 45.5 pts, thinking is GB will put up 24-27pts by themselves even though that Rams defense is amazing, it's Aaron Rodgers on GOD mode right now, LAR should be able to score 18-21pts

BAL to beat BUF by 4pts (sorry @Chaos2k7, they will be better next year)

KC to beat CLE by 8pts

TB to beat NO by 4pts, took the under of 52.5 pts here, thinking was as good as TB and NO offenses are, Brees has been up and down lately, Brady looked a little shaky against a good WSH defense and both TB and NO defenses are fairly decent to keep a lower score of say 28-21.

Thoughts?
I agree with every single game pick and point spread, I would just have reversed the two over/unders.

Don't know if the Packers Rams game will go over. Rams defense is Stellar, it supposed to snow, Geoff's thumb is hurt.
Saints Buccaneers game might go over. Those 2 quarterbacks are tightly close 1-2 all-time touchdown. Coaches just might let them sling and even when the game Gets Out Of Reach. Tampa Bay's wide receivers are looking good right now as well. Both teams have good defenses.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I agree with every single game pick and point spread, I would just have reversed the two over/unders.

Don't know if the Packers Rams game will go over. Rams defense is Stellar, it supposed to snow, Geoff's thumb is hurt.
Saints Buccaneers game might go over. Those 2 quarterbacks are tightly close 1-2 all-time touchdown. Coaches just might let them sling and even when the game Gets Out Of Reach. Tampa Bay's wide receivers are looking good right now as well. Both teams have good defenses.

Good points, appreciate the feedback.
Ya I figured with the snow, GB will be used to it and actually use it to their advantage to go deep a ton.
Feel LAR's defense may get a pick 6 or force fumble and score a TD all on their own, Goff should be able to score at least one TD and the FG team gets a couple.

Originally did want to take over on TB-NO, went back and forth like 6-7 times but something tells me this will be some quick offense, then pure defense for long stretches and then some offense and time management in this game will be key as both coaches will want to keep either QB off the field. Both teams struggled to put up big points against good defenses last week.
Their first game was 57pts combined and second one was 41pts combined, such a tough call.

Which game you looking forward to outside your own KC game?

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Good points, appreciate the feedback.
Ya I figured with the snow, GB will be used to it and actually use it to their advantage to go deep a ton.
Feel LAR's defense may get a pick 6 or force fumble and score a TD all on their own, Goff should be able to score at least one TD and the FG team gets a couple.

Originally did want to take over on TB-NO, went back and forth like 6-7 times but something tells me this will be some quick offense, then pure defense for long stretches and then some offense and time management in this game will be key as both coaches will want to keep either QB off the field. Both teams struggled to put up big points against good defenses last week.
Their first game was 57pts combined and second one was 41pts combined, such a tough call.

Which game you looking forward to outside your own KC game?
I really want to see Lamar do his thing for the Ravens. I feel bad and going against bills Nation, but I think Lamar Jackson is going to show why he's a former Heisman and MVP winner.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
@Cold Cat @Ghoste

GB to beat LAR by 4pts, took the over of 45.5 pts, thinking is GB will put up 24-27pts by themselves even though that Rams defense is amazing, it's Aaron Rodgers on GOD mode right now, LAR should be able to score 18-21pts, going to say 31-24 for GB

BAL to beat BUF by 4pts (sorry @Chaos2k7, they will be better next year), BAL is getting better week by week so this should be a great game but going to say 31-27 for BAL

KC to beat CLE by 8pts, going to say 38-24, KC will toy with them and win easily.

TB to beat NO by 4pts, took the under of 52.5 pts here, thinking was as good as TB and NO offenses are, Brees has been up and down lately, Brady looked a little shaky against a good WSH defense and both TB and NO defenses are fairly decent to keep a lower score of say 27-20 for TB

Thoughts?
No shame in being wrong. Looks like a snowy forecast tonight.

Good luck this weekend.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Cold Cat @Ghoste

Thoughts?
I think GB is going to win by a 4 (even though I didn’t put any money on it)

I’m cheering for the over for you (even though I think the under will hit.)

But in my heart I really want the Rams to win this game, mostly because I think the Packers post the biggest threat in the way of the Chiefs repeating this year.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

But in my heart I really want the Rams to win this game, mostly because I think the Packers post the biggest threat in the way of the Chiefs repeating this year.
I dont see an NFC team that can beat the Chiefs. I feel the Superbowl should really be the AFC Championship game.

Reactions: Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

GB isn't throwing as much as I thought they would, figured they would go all in first quarter to put big pressure on LAR offense to catch up.
I maybe should have just picked GB to win by 8+ (next option instead of 4pts) and not picked over/under.

I'm on pace to break the over right now so hopefully they can go back and forth like this and GB keeps a TD ahead.
Maybe Rodgers gets a TD or FG here before half?

Ya for sure, LAR defense could humble KC a bit but for me, NFL is all about storylines and the thought of:

GB (Rodgers) vs TB (Brady)
BAL (Jackson) vs KC (Mahomes) is too good to pass up.
The two old fart HOF'ers and the young guns that will take over for those two.
Passing of the torch in a way.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
GB isn't throwing as much as I thought they would, figured they would go all in first quarter to put big pressure on LAR offense to catch up.
I maybe should have just picked GB to win by 8+ (next option instead of 4pts) and not picked over/under.

I'm on pace to break the over right now so hopefully they can go back and forth like this and GB keeps a TD ahead.
Maybe Rodgers gets a TD or FG here before half?

Ya for sure, LAR defense could humble KC a bit but for me, NFL is all about storylines and the thought of:

GB (Rodgers) vs TB (Brady)
BAL (Jackson) vs KC (Mahomes) is too good to pass up.
The two old fart HOF'ers and the young guns that will take over for those two.
Passing of the torch in a way.
Good first double call.

That's why I don't money, just Pride. I'd be broke if I did.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Pretty sure some people will call me crazy but I wonder if he will be able to become enough of a passer in the league to actually make some hay.
The best QB's in the league have to be dual-threat it seems like nowadays. You need to be able to run the ball and pass the ball. Look at Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen.
Lamar can run, but not sure he can thread the needle.

I think you're right.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Shame Lamar went out like he did at the end of the 3rd quarter, but we had him under duress basically the whole game.

Lamar lost a ton of shine last night, as your later comment was proven, he doesn't seem to have ability to make consistent passing completions.
When he does throw, it's a guessing game and he's thrown a couple game altering interceptions.
No doubt he is elusive and incredibly gifted on his feet but that was a demoralizing loss for him and the Ravens.

Not sure if the game would have been much different if Tucker hit those two missed FG's (would have been 9-3) but Buffalo played a really strong game on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad