OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
MLB is trying to keep the expanded playoff format in exchange for the universal DH and a 154 game season.

Playoffs mean more money for owners not players. Hence problems to be had.

Greedy billionaires vs greedy millionaires. That is hopefully not bad enough to cause the lockout though.
8 games is a hit for mid/lower level players though.
I'm not against lowering MLB or even NHL season to be honest.

162 could even be 150
82 could be 75, NHL season used to be 70-72 back in the day no?

for more playoffs :dunno:

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Greedy billionaires vs greedy millionaires. That is hopefully not bad enough to cause the lockout though.
8 games is a hit for mid/lower level players though.
I'm not against lowering MLB or even NHL season to be honest.

162 could even be 150
82 could be 75, NHL season used to be 70-72 back in the day no?

for more playoffs :dunno:
I heard a proposal where the MLB should eliminate 10 to 20 games in the schedule per team. Every team will get Monday night off, other than two teams; every week play a feature games on Monday nights.

I'm definitely not opposed to this idea.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I heard a proposal where the MLB should eliminate 10 to 20 games in the schedule per team. Every team will get Monday night off, other than two teams; every week play a feature games on Monday nights.

I'm definitely not opposed to this idea.

Ya 162 seems excessive but if they can go down to 150 but give the players a % of some playoff revenue, it would only help the league in creating a longer wildcard series to 3 games instead of 1 etc.

What fan would say, I want more regular season games and less playoff games, its all about the trophy in the end.

Glad to hear they're starting on time, still thinking we need another #3/4 SP right now but they may be planning on guys like Hatch/Mayweather/Roark/Ray stepping up and doing a platoon like setup based off performance. And the offense may cover up for the less lethal starting pitching and we had a decent bullpen last year.

Let's go Blue Jays! :clap:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ya 162 seems excessive but if they can go down to 150 but give the players a % of some playoff revenue, it would only help the league in creating a longer wildcard series to 3 games instead of 1 etc.

What fan would say, I want more regular season games and less playoff games, its all about the trophy in the end.

Glad to hear they're starting on time, still thinking we need another #3/4 SP right now but they may be planning on guys like Hatch/Mayweather/Roark/Ray stepping up and doing a platoon like setup based off performance. And the offense may cover up for the less lethal starting pitching and we had a decent bullpen last year.

Let's go Blue Jays! :clap:
I assume its

Ryu - Pearson - Ray - Roark - Matz at the moment.

L - R - L -R - L

Guys like Kay, Hatch, Mayweather etc etc. In long relief, or waiting in AAA

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I assume its

L - R - L -R - L

I'm excited to see what Hatch is going to bring this year . He was electric last year, and fairly dominant for quite a stretch.
Remember he tossed a shutout in the 2016 College World Series ,outpitching Shane Bieber.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I assume its

L - R - L -R - L

Ya its very iffy.

If Pearson can take next step
If Ray and Roark can be consistent
If Matz can unlock his potential

Gonna be a platoon which isn't great but isn't bad if each guy has a decent night every 2 or 3 games.

Either way, think the offense will help blur the errors made by pitching. And we can always add at deadline or wait for next year when we have another boatload of cap/money to spend.

Gonna be a fun 4 years ahead

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Lost $170 tonight. Not angry, just disappointed. Didn't even watch the Panthers game today.
But what I'm most disappointed about is at the end of the game I had a chance to win $90 on what colour Gatorade being dumped. I had made a bet on clear, but with two minutes left in the game I had a funny feeling that it would be blue and said that. So at least my pride is restored.

:blah:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It was my mother's 65th birthday yesterday, so we had her over to watch the game. I only ate one brownie;)

Oh someone on their good behaviour then.
Sorry about your crappy night against Tom and the Zebras.
This meme made me laugh way too long :laugh:
KC will back back there soon enough.

super-bowl-memes-even-more-entertaining-than-the-game-last-night-30-photos-5.jpg

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Oh someone on their good behaviour then.
Sorry about your crappy night against Tom and the Zebras.
This meme made me laugh way too long :laugh:
KC will back back there soon enough.

View attachment 394141
Yeah I mean some of those calls were pretty ticky-tacky. Definitely not called both ways.
For the most part I think the Chiefs beat themselves. How many passes in the first-half went through their hands or just straight up hit their face mask? Lining up offsides, you name it, they did it. But this is nothing new when you play Tom Brady.

I badly underestimated how the Eric Fisher injury would affect them. So their two perennial All-Pro tackles didn't play, the other being Mitchell Schwartz. I'm not even going to count the two offensive lineman who didn't play all season because they opted out. Their offensive line was hot garbage yesterday.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah I mean some of those calls were pretty ticky-tacky. Definitely not called both ways.
For the most part I think the Chiefs beat themselves. How many passes in the first-half went through their hands or just straight up hit their face mask? Lining up offsides, you name it, they did it. But this is nothing new when you play Tom Brady.

I badly underestimated how the Eric Fisher injury would affect them. So their two perennial All-Pro tackles didn't play, the other being Mitchell Schwartz. I'm not even going to count the two offensive lineman who didn't play all season because they opted out. Their offensive line was hot garbage yesterday.

Oh I agree. You can almost feel when the refs are going to shift the momentum of a game nowadays.
I love football but they get too involved sometimes but it doesn't take away from the fact the Bucs D came to play.

Was hoping for a back and forth affair but this should galvanize the Chiefs and they should have the majority of the same team back and more importantly, with a chip on the shoulder and determined to raise another Lombardi trophy.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Since my Rockies have a terrible owner and GM, I might just flip over to being a Padres fan. I do live in SD anyway. And this kid is cool.

-ghoste

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Since my Rockies have a terrible owner and GM, I might just flip over to being a Padres fan. I do live in SD anyway. And this kid is cool.

-ghoste

It's his fun, give it everything attitude that makes him so likeable.
The Padres have been my favourite NL team since high school. I've owned a few Padres hats in my time. I actually bought a grey with brown pinstripes with gold trim Tatis Jr. this past spring. It's beautiful!
youth_fernando_tatis_jr_san_diego_padres_replica_brown_sand__alternate_jersey-525-7014.jpg

Reactions: Ghoste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad