OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bro, Blue Jays loading up, gotta trade some of these extra OFs for pitching help though.

My guess is whichever two of Grichuk, Hernandez, or Gurriel Jr. have most value are the ones moved. But I would not be surprised if its Randall and Teoscar.

Austin Martin comes up when Brantley deal is finished IMO.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Bro, Blue Jays loading up, gotta trade some of these extra OFs for pitching help though.

My guess is whichever two of Grichuk, Hernandez, or Gurriel Jr. have most value are the ones moved. But I would not be surprised if its Randall and Teoscar.

Posted this in the baseball form:

If they trade Gurriel, They should get a good package. He is my favourite Bluejay currently. He’s a heck of a LF. Rocket of an arm, high contact rate.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Posted this in the baseball form:

If they trade Gurriel, They should get a good package. He is my favourite Bluejay currently. He’s a heck of a LF. Rocket of an arm, high contact rate.

Sign Bauer and we should do some big damage.
Or make a trade for at least a #2/3 SP with Gurriel or Hernandez+

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If the Jays sign Bauer, I am Going to die and go to heaven. He is my favourite pitcher by far in the MLB.

Imagine Bauer-Ryu-Pearson-Walker as your top 4 guys.
Walker seems to love Toronto and keeps talking about them.
And then imagine that offense to go with it and the defense getting better as the young core gets more experience.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Rodgers and Brady going down to the wire, no surprise I suppose.

@Cold Cat Good luck this afternoon.

Refs let them play the whole 2nd half and it comes down to one final PI with 2 mins to go? It was a penalty but the timing of it just reeks
Feel for Rodgers. He was pissed when he had to shake hands with Brady

All in on Bills or Chiefs to smash the Bucs

Reactions: Cold Cat

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Cold Cat Good luck this afternoon.
Good show. Bill's time will come, but I don't think they're on the Chiefs level right now. Really I don't think anyone is, except the Packers, I thought, but now we don't have to worry about them.

To all the people that I think the Chiefs can't just flip the switch to be good, while they can. Both on offense and defense. Their defense can get snaggly tough when the time calls for it. They have a lot of bad men on that side of the ball.

I was saying last night to a friend before the KC game was over, if the early line is anything under -6.5, then I'm all over it. Turns out the early line is Chiefs -3.5. Consider me in.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Good show. Bill's time will come, but I don't think they're on the Chiefs level right now. Really I don't think anyone is, except the Packers, I thought, but now we don't have to worry about them.

To all the people that I think the Chiefs can't just flip the switch to be good, while they can. Both on offense and defense. Their defense can get snaggly tough when the time calls for it. They have a lot of bad men on that side of the ball.

I was saying last night to a friend before the KC game was over, if the early line is anything under - 6.5, then I'm all over it. Turns out the early line is Chiefs -3.5. Consider me in.

Don't bet against the GOAT!

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I would think Patrick Mahomes is well on his way to becoming the goat.

He'll need a lot of longevity though to come even close to some of the records. Talent wise there's always been many players equal or better than Brady. And he's the goat leader, probably his best attribute.

There wìll come a time when Tom Brady wishes he had the privilege to lose to Patrick Mahomes more.

Haha :thumbu:

Well didn't go that way for Mahomes two years ago in the conference championship game... ;)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , you hear clips of Rodgers on Pat McAfee podcast?
He was hinting there isn't a reason who wouldn't be back in GB but there are no absolutes?

I swear if he comes home for the last 2-3 years? We would have to move JG somehow but damn that would be sweet.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , you hear clips of Rodgers on Pat McAfee podcast?
He was hinting there isn't a reason who wouldn't be back in GB but there are no absolutes?

I swear if he comes home for the last 2-3 years? We would have to move JG somehow but damn that would be sweet.

That’d be crazy. GB is probably like, “hell no we ain’t trading him to SF, they already kick our a**.” Lol

Also heard Stafford also.

-ghoste

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , welp there goes our chance at Stafford.
Goff more of a risk than JG for DET?
4 years at smaller caphit vs 2 years at bigger caphit left.

Goff definitely has more yards and double the TDS but JG with better record and less INTs when comparing games started.
Rams definitely go for it the next two years, wondering if this will put pressure on us to make a move as well?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , welp there goes our chance at Stafford.
Goff more of a risk than JG for DET?
4 years at smaller caphit vs 2 years at bigger caphit left.

Goff definitely has more yards and double the TDS but JG with better record and less INTs when comparing games started.
Rams definitely go for it the next two years, wondering if this will put pressure on us to make a move as well?
Wondering if we are just planning on rolling with Jimmy again? Maybe draft a QB if one falls? Watson seems like a pipe dream. If I have no clue what ShannyLynch are going to do.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wondering if we are just planning on rolling with Jimmy again? Maybe draft a QB if one falls? Watson seems like a pipe dream. If I have no clue what ShannyLynch are going to do.

-ghoste

Ya we better not waste another year or two hoping is all good with JG. Feels NFL windows open and close quicker than any of the other 3-4 major sports.

Dream scenario is still Rodgers, trade JG for an overpriced but cheaper player of need, maybe CB since Sherman is likely gone and draft a QB to learn from Rodgers.
DeShaun has a ton of money left but definitely an option if JG goes other way.

Not sure what other needs we need at 12th? I know there are some but haven't paid attention

I know there's major importance in re-signing Williams. He won't be cheap

Reactions: Ghoste

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ya we better not waste another year or two hoping is all good with JG. Feels NFL windows open and close quicker than any of the other 3-4 major sports.

Dream scenario is still Rodgers, trade JG for an overpriced but cheaper player of need, maybe CB since Sherman is likely gone and draft a QB to learn from Rodgers.
DeShaun has a ton of money left but definitely an option if JG goes other way.

Not sure what other needs we need at 12th? I know there are some but haven't paid attention

I know there's major importance in re-signing Williams. He won't be cheap
If Stafford cost that much , wonder what Watson would cost?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Stafford cost that much , wonder what Watson would cost?

It'd likely be JG (cap) + 12th overall + next years 1st + one of 3rd or 4th ranked prospects to get the convo started.

Don't know if I'd risk that much into that length of term for DeShaun but very curious what Shanny could do with him.

Just praying Rodgers wants to come home, he would fit right in and we could still draft a key piece at 12th overall and give JG a fresh start somewhere else.

EDIT - didn't see that LAR sent two 1st rounders as well. Ya I dont think SF should mortgage what would likely be four first rounders + adds for DeShaun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->