OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
@Chaos2k7 :laugh: holy crap what a nailbiter there at the end.
25 year wait for that playoff win but onto the next one.
Gives me hope FLA can rip that monkey off their back this year or next.
Thats a really good D Indy has over there. Gotta earn every win in the playoffs. Surprised to see that was Rivers first loss in the wildcard round. He played well, but we did enough on both sides of the ball to over come our poor field position most of the day.

1 down, 3 to go.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Thats a really good D Indy has over there. Gotta earn every win in the playoffs. Surprised to see that was Rivers first loss in the wildcard round. He played well, but we did enough on both sides of the ball to over come our poor field position most of the day.

1 down, 3 to go.
So Chiefs will play one of Baltimore, Tennessee, or Cleveland.

Buffalo will play one of Pittsburgh come on Baltimore, or Tennessee.

As a Chiefs fan, I would gladly take two of the three, other than Baltimore. Chiefs can beat them, but Baltimore can be a team possessed at times.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So Chiefs will play one of Baltimore, Tennessee, or Cleveland.

Buffalo will play one of Pittsburgh come on Baltimore, or Tennessee.

As a Chiefs fan, I would gladly take two of the three, other than Baltimore. Chiefs can beat them, but Baltimore can be a team possessed at times.
Unless Pittsburgh absolutely wets the bed, I like our chances against them next week.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

1 down, 3 to go.

Hopefully that isn't the end of Rivers, he was a good pickup by IND and may have another year in him.

Speaking of good defense, WSH hanging tough with TB right now. And their QB is playing some decent ball right now.
Been impressed with them.

Have a bet on all 6 games and if WSH can keep it within 9pts, I'm 3/3 tonight against the spread and will need BAL to win by 3.5, NO to win by 10.5 and CLE to keep it within 7 against PIT tomorrow

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Hopefully that isn't the end of Rivers, he was a good pickup by IND and may have another year in him.

Speaking of good defense, WSH hanging tough with TB right now. And their QB is playing some decent ball right now.
Been impressed with them.

Have a bet on all 6 games and if WSH can keep it within 9pts, I'm 3/3 tonight against the spread and will need BAL to win by 3.5, NO to win by 10.5 and CLE to keep it within 7 against PIT tomorrow
Washington QB is hurt, I don't like their chances here. Not sure I like New Orleans with those points tomorrow. Bears defense can be good.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Washington QB is hurt, I don't like their chances here. Not sure I like New Orleans with those points tomorrow. Bears defense can be good.

The replacement has had a really good game so far, never knew much about him, the rushing TD at the goal-line post was awesome.
Need WSH to score a TD here with 9 mins to go.

If Kamara is back, I don't think Trubisky will be able to compete with Brees and that NO defense, we shall see though.
Wondering if Lamar can get BAL into the 2nd round though, hasn't been able to step up yet.
And kinda want to see CLE win, tired of PIT.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'd think NFL want Brady vs Brees for divisional match up over the Bears.
I'll be pissed if Saints only win by 10pts :laugh:

If Kamara is somewhat healthy, I'll take the wiley vet in Brees over the young Trubisky anyday
Fantasy Brag
I had Montgomery all year. I had Trubisky the last four weeks. Second place. Five Medals in seven years, no big deal.
Obviously I was following Montgomery all season. He had one concussion in the middle of the year that made him miss a game, other than that he's been stellar. Small enough he can duck under people, but big enough for Explosive Runs!

Trubisky is playing within himself the last while. He's been having some bad luck with fumbles, other than that not making mistakes, using his legs and checkdowns.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Fantasy Brag
I had Montgomery all year. I had Trubisky the last four weeks. Second place. Five Medals in seven years, no big deal.
Obviously I was following Montgomery all season. He had one concussion in the middle of the year that made him miss a game, other than that he's been stellar. Small enough he can duck under people, but big enough for Explosive Runs!

Trubisky is playing within himself the last while. He's been having some bad luck with fumbles, other than that not making mistakes, using his legs and checkdowns.

Bears remind a bit of Bills from last year, got a good young group with a bright future ahead but will be a step behind the Saints who can do it on both sides of the ball and have some playoff success
Depending on how long Rodgers plays or how long he can be elite, the Bears could challenge for division title in another year or two if some key guys hit their potential.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Bears remind a bit of Bills from last year, got a good young group with a bright future ahead but will be a step behind the Saints who can do it on both sides of the ball and have some playoff success
Depending on how long Rodgers plays or how long he can be elite, the Bears could challenge for division title in another year or two if some key guys hit their potential.
I just don't buy Drew Brees this year since his rib injury. Not sure he can get it done today against the good Chicago defense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I just don't buy Drew Brees this year since his rib injury. Not sure he can get it done today against the good Chicago defense.

Smith and Johnson are key inactives for CHI but that defense is what will be the X factor for sure.

I already don't like how NO keeps switching from Brees to Hill, likely Brees not being 100%

Don't forget NO defense is pretty solid too. CHI needs to tie it here, stop NO before half and CHI get the ball after half.

Enjoy amigo.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Smith and Johnson are key inactives for CHI but that defense is what will be the X factor for sure.

I already don't like how NO keeps switching from Brees to Hill, likely Brees not being 100%

Don't forget NO defense is pretty solid too. CHI needs to tie it here, stop NO before half and CHI get the ball after half.

Enjoy amigo.
Chiefs played the Saints week 15 or 16. So I've seen them play recently.

I compare everything to watching the Chiefs play, so everyone can be beat :D

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Point spread is PIT -7 so I need CLE to either lose within 6 points or win outright.
Hoping CLE's run game and offense will offset PIT's decent defense

You should cheer for CLE because they would go to KC next week, easy win
Well I'm with you. I'd rather play Cleveland next round then Baltimore.

And just as I'm saying that Cleveland gets a touchdown on a snap gone wrong. What a start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad