OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
One week away from the NFL Draft! I know I’m in the minority here but thing are looking good to get the guys I like for the Dolphins in the first 2 rounds.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
If there is any truth to the Dolphins kicking the tires on Fournette I’ll be excited! I know there are Jags fans on here. Is the front office souring on him?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste

What would you do if you're Lynch at the draft?
WR at 13 or Buckners replacement?
Trade 31st back for a 2nd and 3rd or package 31st + roster player of surplus for other need?
Forgive me as I don’t keep tabs on college football youngsters as much as I do with hockey youngsters. But from what I read, sounds like we’d want one of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs to land in our laps at 13. Do you think we’d go with Kinlaw if he’s available at 13?

I can see Lynch trading 31 for an extra pick or two. I don’t think we have many holes but would like to find a WR, OL, CB, DL at least. What do you think happens?

-ghoste

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Forgive me as I don’t keep tabs on college football youngsters as much as I do with hockey youngsters. But from what I read, sounds like we’d want one of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs to land in our laps at 13. Do you think we’d go with Kinlaw if he’s available at 13?

I can see Lynch trading 31 for an extra pick or two. I don’t think we have many holes but would like to find a WR, OL, CB, DL at least. What do you think happens?

-ghoste

Ya that's mostly the areas all mock drafts have us addressing.
I'm good if we go with one of those WR's you listed. Ruggs has great speed to spread defense and Jeudy is a route runner while bringing some of Deebo's toughness/truck ability.
Really like Jeudy and Riggs, not super familiar with Lamb or Kinlaw.

1st - WR
trade 31st + 5th/6th for 2nd and 3rd
2nd - DL/OL
3rd - CB/OL

We need a Buckner and Staley replacement.

DL no doubt in my mind, unless a surprise slips they will reinforce the trenches.

I've read 49ers are heavily interested in Raekwon Davis, his sophomore season was awesome but he has stalled the last two years. The draw on him being huge size and power at 6,6 and 310lbs with decent mobility. He was originally a 1st rounder in some eyes but has settled in as a day 2 selection.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Chief don't have any holes to fill. With 20 out of 22 returning starting players this year, they are more so looking at drafting players who will start 3 years from now.
A very deep draft at wide receiver probably means the Chiefs will be trading down from number 32. They have five picks this draft, all five of their opening picks.
Areas they'll probably look at this draft are: LB, OL, CB, and RB. I think the only way they draft with the number 32 pick is if one of the LBs is still available that they like, much like Murray, Queen, or Baun.

Most importantly, is locking down Mahomes to a history rich contract. Adding O-line help to protect the best QB in the league is always a good option as well.

Chiefs are looking to defend as Super Bowl champs!

You know what's better than having the 31st pick? Having the 32nd pick! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahooji

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Chief don't have any holes to fill. With 20 out of 22 returning starting players this year, they are more so looking at drafting players who will start 3 years from now.
A very deep draft at wide receiver probably means the Chiefs will be trading down from number 32. They have five picks this draft, all five of their opening picks.
Areas they'll probably look at this draft are: LB, OL, CB, and RB. I think the only way they draft with the number 32 pick is if one of the LBs is still available that they like, much like Murray, Queen, or Baun.

Most importantly, is locking down Mahomes to a history rich contract. Adding O-line help to protect the best QB in the league is always a good option as well.

Chiefs are looking to defend as Super Bowl champs!

You know what's better than having the 31st pick? Having the 32nd pick! :D
I think I've talked myself out of Baun at the #32 spot. Just seems like that might be a bit of a reach for a guy of his calibre. Which is tough for me to say, as I'm a Wisconsin fan.

At #32, I'd like the Chiefs to draft either Murray or Queen if they are available. If not, then trading down would seem like the most sensible option, as the Chiefs only have five picks.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If there is any truth to the Dolphins kicking the tires on Fournette I’ll be excited! I know there are Jags fans on here. Is the front office souring on him?

To be honest, I rather draft a guy like Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor late in the first than trade for LF. Unless they are selling him for dirt cheap

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Ya that's mostly the areas all mock drafts have us addressing.
I'm good if we go with one of those WR's you listed. Ruggs has great speed to spread defense and Jeudy is a route runner while bringing some of Deebo's toughness/truck ability.
Really like Jeudy and Riggs, not super familiar with Lamb or Kinlaw.

1st - WR
trade 31st + 5th/6th for 2nd and 3rd
2nd - DL/OL
3rd - CB/OL

We need a Buckner and Staley replacement.

I've read 49ers are heavily interested in Raekwon Davis, his sophomore season was awesome but he has stalled the last two years. The draw on him being huge size and power at 6,6 and 310lbs with decent mobility. He was originally a 1st rounder in some eyes but has settled in as a day 2 selection.

Replaced DeFo & Sanders with Kinlaw & Aiyuk.

-ghoste

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Great draft by the Fins. They got their QB of the future in Tua. Jackson is young LT with great upside. Better than Jones imo. A day 1 starter who will be even better once Tua is ready to take over full time. And Igbino... gives us another highly skilled CB who fits into our man2man scheme. It allows us to move McCain to safety, if they don’t decide to go with a safety in the 2nd round, and gives us insurance because of Howard’s injury possibilities. I’d like to see them go with Swift or Winfield at 39.

Reactions: Cold Cat

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Thanks guys for Breida, appreciate it. What an offseason for the Dolphins. With the Breida move, the draft weekend is a solid A for me. Unfortunate that a couple of players got picked up one or two spots ahead of us each a couple of rounds, but overall, they added some solid pieces. The line should be much improved by the time Tua is ready to start. The secondary is arguably the best in football. Our Dline still needs to be tweaked, and I still will like to see another LB, TE, and WR added over the next season/off-season. Whats great is, we have two first rounders, and two second rounders next draft, along with a decent amount of cap space, so we should be able to add most of what is missing next summer. And dont forget, not that I want it to happen, but we are a Watson injury away from owning another top 5 pick next summer.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Thanks guys for Breida, appreciate it. What an offseason for the Dolphins. With the Breida move, the draft weekend is a solid A for me. Unfortunate that a couple of players got picked up one or two spots ahead of us each a couple of rounds, but overall, they added some solid pieces. The line should be much improved by the time Tua is ready to start. The secondary is arguably the best in football. Our Dline still needs to be tweaked, and I still will like to see another LB, TE, and WR added over the next season/off-season. Whats great is, we have two first rounders, and two second rounders next draft, along with a decent amount of cap space, so we should be able to add most of what is missing next summer. And dont forget, not that I want it to happen, but we are a Watson injury away from owning another top 5 pick next summer.

I think they had a fantastic draft. Not a bad way to kick off year two of the rebuild. Fitzpatrick has to be pretty happy.

Reactions: Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Replaced DeFo & Sanders with Kinlaw & Aiyuk.

-ghoste

I'm happy with taking Kinlaw as Bucks replacement. Watched some highlights and think he will fit in well and keep the front solid and attacking at all positions.

Not familiar with the WR we moved up for but sounds like he has some tools to make some GMs look silly for not picking him sooner.

Saw we made some depth departures which makes sense. Sad to see Breida go because of the speed but his fumbles had him in Shannys doghouse.

Decent trade to replace Staley as well, big guy finally calling it a career.
What did we do the rest of the way?
We address CB at all?

If Breida can hold onto the ball, he's like Sonic the hedgehog. Good move for both teams as we had a crowded RB group. I like the Fins draft as well as long as Tua can stay healthy. Should be an interesting division going forward, good young talent on all 4 of the teams but hoping New England finish last and flounder as long as possible.

Reactions: Cold Cat and Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm happy with taking Kinlaw as Bucks replacement. Watched some highlights and think he will fit in well and keep the front solid and attacking at all positions.

Not familiar with the WR we moved up for but sounds like he has some tools to make some GMs look silly for not picking him sooner.

Saw we made some depth departures which makes sense. Sad to see Breida go because of the speed but his fumbles had him in Shannys doghouse.

Decent trade to replace Staley as well, big guy finally calling it a career.
What did we do the rest of the way?
We address CB at all?

If Breida can hold onto the ball, he's like Sonic the hedgehog. Good move for both teams as we had a crowded RB group. I like the Fins draft as well as long as Tua can stay healthy. Should be an interesting division going forward, good young talent on all 4 of the teams but hoping New England finish last and flounder as long as possible.
We didn’t get a CB but the 7th round WR looks nice on contested catches. Red zone time?? Also traded Goodwin and drafted another OL and a run blocking TE.

I liked Cheetah Breida, hopefully he does well with Miami. That opening rip he did against the Browns this last season was fire!!

So long Joe, thank you. You a good one!!

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

I am going to Echo everyone else here. Fins had a good draft! I washed a lot of the draft this year. Don't really watch the draft ever, or follow that part of football, but I watched rounds one, two, four, five this year. Usually baseball is going by now, and that takes full-fledged priority over football.

I think the Chiefs did a good job. They already have 20 of 22 starters returning. Sounds like they found the two starters they're missing for next season in the draft. Got a RB, got a MLB in Gay. Set.

Time to repeat! :win:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think they had a fantastic draft. Not a bad way to kick off year two of the rebuild. Fitzpatrick has to be pretty happy.

Year one of the build is happening as we speak, or you can call it offseason year one. The added some decent pieces to the trenches, and at positions of need overall. The smart thing is, we stopped going after those 30+ age UFAs. Instead, we went after UFAs who are young vets in the league, still have something to prove, and still have years ahead of them. Next summer, we might be able to add the finishing pieces on the Dline and at WR, maybe have a chance at a Rousseau or Chase. Overall, the team is set for the future better than any other time since 13 retired.

@Cold Cat How do they Chiefs not take Swift at that spot? I like Edwards-Helaire, but I think Swift was the more complete back, and a very good pass catching back. He would have been scary on that KC offense.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Year one of the build is happening as we speak, or you can call it offseason year one. The added some decent pieces to the trenches, and at positions of need overall. The smart thing is, we stopped going after those 30+ age UFAs. Instead, we went after UFAs who are young vets in the league, still have something to prove, and still have years ahead of them. Next summer, we might be able to add the finishing pieces on the Dline and at WR, maybe have a chance at a Rousseau or Chase. Overall, the team is set for the future better than any other time since 13 retired.

@Cold Cat How do they Chiefs not take Swift at that spot? I like Edwards-Helaire, but I think Swift was the more complete back, and a very good pass catching back. He would have been scary on that KC offense.

I too like CEH. I think management really liked him, especially Reid. He is comparing him to Westbrook in Philadelphia, but better.

I think they were afraid he wouldn't be there for their second round pick, and figured it was best to just draft him. Sounds like they stoped having offers for the pick once Love was taken.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
#1 selling jersey on nflshop.com. #3 is his jersey in white, with Brady at 2. Hope they eventually go back to those full time.

❤️❤️❤️

30831D72-C9A4-4BC7-858A-C7558A950EDA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad