ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
It is a game issued Edge 2.0 from MeiGray. It was selected more for the size, number, and price. Not for Jeff Jillson lol. I was wanting to get a Nate sweater anyway but was waiting to hear what number he would be wearing. Since they announced 29 last week, that's what I bought. Strip off the old name bar and sew on the new one, no screwing with numbers.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
It is a game issued Edge 2.0 from MeiGray. It was selected more for the size, number, and price. Not for Jeff Jillson lol. I was wanting to get a Nate sweater anyway but was waiting to hear what number he would be wearing. Since they announced 29 last week, that's what I bought. Strip off the old name bar and sew on the new one, no screwing with numbers.

That makes the jersey a lot less interesting :)

Good idea though.

P0W3R 5E2G3

Jul 9, 2013
Senamensing, NJ
So where is a good place to send a jersey to get altered? Any suggestions?

In my limited experience, I've found that it all depends on what kind of jersey you have- From what I've read, Ruberti's seems to be the best bet as far as the older Edge Jerseys whereas Philly Express does the more recent Flyers customization.

Each team may have their own customizer for any given period of time so you have to be careful with how you approach it.

I recently joined the forum community over at Ice Jerseys and they seem to have a pretty good community who are all well informed on this topic so I would check there as well-- JohnnyOnTheSpot is the resident expert on Flyers jersey customization and is actually helping me get two of the old black Edges done so if that's the direction you're headed it can't hurt to get his opinion.

Hope that helps, I'm new to this as well and have already begun stockpiling random jerseys to get done.

thk25

Sep 21, 2011
Philadelphia
In my limited experience, I've found that it all depends on what kind of jersey you have- From what I've read, Ruberti's seems to be the best bet as far as the older Edge Jerseys whereas Philly Express does the more recent Flyers customization.

Each team may have their own customizer for any given period of time so you have to be careful with how you approach it.

I recently joined the forum community over at Ice Jerseys and they seem to have a pretty good community who are all well informed on this topic so I would check there as well-- JohnnyOnTheSpot is the resident expert on Flyers jersey customization and is actually helping me get two of the old black Edges done so if that's the direction you're headed it can't hurt to get his opinion.

Hope that helps, I'm new to this as well and have already begun stockpiling random jerseys to get done.

I would add that if you want to get anything done by Ruberti's go through Johnny. If not you are rolling the dice and will probably get something totally wrong.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
I'm new to this as well and have already begun stockpiling random jerseys to get done.

As you are new, take my recommendation, stop stockpiling and start getting them customized. I still have about 4-5 different jerseys I want to get done, but I always put them off because I would spend the money to customize on a SUPER GREAT DEAL GIMME type auctions and craigslist finds. Force yourself to never have more than 2 to get customized and go from there as opposed to accumulating projects. As of now, I currently have the following projects:

Keith Primeau - 2004 Black
Mark Howe w/ Lindbergh patch
Danny Briere 2010 SCF Edge 1.0
Theo Fluery Belfast Giants
Chris Pronger 2007 SCF Black Ducks
Rod Brind'Amour 2006 SCF White (Although I really want to find the red, but it's effin impossible to find 6100's it seems.)
Papelbon Cream jersey, was originally worn by a base coach so the 58 is already there, need to finish stripping it and get the name off.
Ninja Edit: Also have a Winter Classic jersey that I am still deciding on who to turn it into, will likely go Giroux.

See how that all adds up? It is frustrating.

P0W3R 5E2G3

Jul 9, 2013
Senamensing, NJ
Alright, I will definitely take that under advisement-- thanks for the tip : )

I already have 4-5 blanks to get done, a couple of which are non-Flyers which complicates things even more lol, I can definitely see what you mean

As far as the Datsyuk, honestly, no I forgot-- Sorry, I will do so tonight and maybe I'll take some pictures to make up for my absentmindedness

P0W3R 5E2G3

Jul 9, 2013
Senamensing, NJ
Ninja Edit: Also have a Winter Classic jersey that I am still deciding on who to turn it into, will likely go Giroux.

Is that a 2010 or 2012 Winter Classic? I just bought a team-issue (supposedly) 2010 one and it arrived at my house today so I think I may do the same (Giroux)

If it's the 2012, may I ask where you got it and if you would kindly direct me to the aforementioned place/person of possible procurement? (alliteration FTW!) sorry for the double post

Last edited:

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
Darrol powe 2009-2010 set 3 playoffs

AE91B307-6269-4DBB-809F-532AF46AA20B-694-0000002BD5F5A7D3_zps427cdf61.jpg

5585527A-16B2-4471-A193-1A838A07EAB7-694-0000002BDAC7097D_zpsba1e3b6f.jpg

1F4A022C-5226-4605-9804-1C075E568B47-694-0000002BE17098B9_zpsd323664a.jpg

5b98e5e5cb9b9e6de36e324cdaf7a236_zps1266063a.jpg

Photomatched to this hit (mark on lower left hem) in the famous comeback in game seven down 0-3 in the series then 0-3 in game seven to comeback and win the series will be a memory forever. Still looking to photomatch the red mark on the sleeve number

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
Is that a 2010 or 2012 Winter Classic?

It is a 2012 WC 2.0. I got it from Pro League Authentics during the run up to the WC when it was believed that no authentics were going to be made. Only jersey I have ever paid full retail. Good luck, but I doubt those of us who ponied up for them have any plans of liquidating.

From another post, check out the IJ thread I started, should be stickied, on the official team customizers. I am lucky enough that I know Pro League can handle all of the jerseys I want excluding the Pronger Ducks. The Fluery is off the wall, but it is an easy enough kit to reproduce from pictures that I have gathered in my research.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
Yeah thanks to that IJ thread I have Denver Athletics doing the MacKinnon name bar for my Av's sweater. They usually don't do one off's like this but since the 'new guy' as they call him is a home town kid for me they made an exception. Good thing too because the pattern on the letters would have been tough to replicate.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
does anyone know anything about a possible new third or bringing back the winter classics. Seems like a waste that we'll never wear em again considering how cool they are. It's also insane how rare those authentics are and impossible to find now. I almost said screw it they'll be around later. glad i got one when i did cause they weren't kiddin when they said they weren't makin anymore.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Why would anyone, not related by blood, want a Powe jersey? Honestly.

thk25

Sep 21, 2011
Philadelphia

As a proud owner of 9 Powe jerseys (7 authentics, 2 game worns) I can only speak for myself, but I think he is under appreciated. He plays a hard game, and is great on the penalty kill. I became a fan when I saw him playing his ass off when the Flyers were getting blown out, meanwhile everyone else on the bench was just going through the motions.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
I would add that if you want to get anything done by Ruberti's go through Johnny. If not you are rolling the dice and will probably get something totally wrong.

I am the Johnny this man speaks of. :m-dance: I'm happy to help anyone, so hit me up on here or IJ and I'll respond, albeit slowly half the time lol.

As you are new, take my recommendation, stop stockpiling and start getting them customized. I still have about 4-5 different jerseys I want to get done, but I always put them off because I would spend the money to customize on a SUPER GREAT DEAL GIMME type auctions and craigslist finds. Force yourself to never have more than 2 to get customized and go from there as opposed to accumulating projects. As of now, I currently have the following projects:

Keith Primeau - 2004 Black
Mark Howe w/ Lindbergh patch
Danny Briere 2010 SCF Edge 1.0
Theo Fluery Belfast Giants
Chris Pronger 2007 SCF Black Ducks
Rod Brind'Amour 2006 SCF White (Although I really want to find the red, but it's effin impossible to find 6100's it seems.)
Papelbon Cream jersey, was originally worn by a base coach so the 58 is already there, need to finish stripping it and get the name off.

See how that all adds up? It is frustrating.

This man speaks the truth. I have like...30ish blanks and around 8 kits I'm too lazy to send to my pal to do up. I'm back-logged like whoa.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com

Perhaps the owner of the jersey has a personal connection with him? Maybe he shares the same birthday as Powe? Maybe he just likes how he plays? People start collections for various reasons.

The better question is why you feel the need to ask the question, especially in a manner that is pretty obnoxious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad