ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'll continue looking for a two in game photos but it could easily have been added after the fact. Found a few other Gagne gloves while searching the Internet and none of them have a number written on them. I don't expect to ever know for sure really.

Mosetter27

I'll continue looking for a two in game photos but it could easily have been added after the fact. Found a few other Gagne gloves while searching the Internet and none of them have a number written on them. I don't expect to ever know for sure really.

the 2 was def there from the gate... thats how they mark the equipment so they can cylcle them properly so they aren't worn out as fast

GarretWillhelmThe3rd

Sep 16, 2009
South Jersey
I dont think your gonna find anything with that number 2 written on the glove. Gagne is the only one to use that style Bauer bhp glove so your golden, a photomatch will be nearly impossible though.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a jersey and figured this was the place to come. I want a 2012 Winter Classic, either a Giroux or Voracek. A replica is fine by me, I just don't know where the best place to get it is. There's so many shady websites out there and so much jersey terminology in here that I don't know so I don't want to order one and look like a scrub while wearing it. Going to my first game every in Philly at the end of November so I figure I should wear something other than my Richards jersey. Thanks guys.

:yo:

Can anyone help me out?

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
It's looking like in order to get a Winter Classic jersey I'd have to break the bank. How is the quality of the jerseys I can buy straight from NHL.com? Is there a better place to go to get a new Giroux jersey? And if I decide on getting a Voracek through NHL.com's customization, how would that turn out?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
It's looking like in order to get a Winter Classic jersey I'd have to break the bank. How is the quality of the jerseys I can buy straight from NHL.com? Is there a better place to go to get a new Giroux jersey? And if I decide on getting a Voracek through NHL.com's customization, how would that turn out?

NHL.com s customization is ****! They cannot do flyers jerseys don't do it!!!!! If you want yo order a blank from them fine get it customized at the skate zone. They send it out to philly express who do the flyers on ice jerseys

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
NHL.com s customization is ****! They cannot do flyers jerseys don't do it!!!!! If you want yo order a blank from them fine get it customized at the skate zone. They send it out to philly express who do the flyers on ice jerseys

Thanks for the heads up that's a big help. I live in NY so I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to get it customized on my own. What about if I just order a Giroux jersey that NHL.com advertised? I'm not sure if that is also customized by NHL.com or if they already have Giroux jersey's made.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks for the heads up that's a big help. I live in NY so I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to get it customized on my own. What about if I just order a Giroux jersey that NHL.com advertised? I'm not sure if that is also customized by NHL.com or if they already have Giroux jersey's made.

The Skate Zone (I believe) will send jerseys out if they're shipped to them too so you don't need to do it in person. I'm speaking from memory so i'm not 100% sure. Any Giroux jersey on NHL.com or advertised on the NHL website will be done incorrectly.

Are we still talking Winter Classic or are we talking normal jerseys now?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

The Gagne is done by NHL.com. It's not stitched its just heat pressed, its like a sticker on the back of the jersey. Scehnn's done by Philly Express, and it's pretty easy to tell. If you just want to skip all that nonsense, then your likely looking to get a jersey off ebay. Some guys around here are likely able to point you in the direction of good seller's. A G jersey shouldn't be hard to find at all.

SchennGagne1.jpg

SchennGagne2.jpg

SchennGagne3.jpg

SchennJersey2.jpg

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
The Skate Zone (I believe) will send jerseys out if they're shipped to them too so you don't need to do it in person. I'm speaking from memory so i'm not 100% sure. Any Giroux jersey on NHL.com or advertised on the NHL website will be done incorrectly.

Are we still talking Winter Classic or are we talking normal jerseys now?

Well I preferred a Winter Classic, but it just seems like that's going to cost me way more than I'm willing to spend. I'm assuming it shouldn't be too hard to find a Giroux jersey out there somewhere in their current home or away jerseys. I'm just really skeptical of buying on eBay because I know there's a bunch of fakes out there and I definitely don't have the eye that a lot of you guys do to pick them out.

And thanks PALE PWNR for those pics, I would have had no idea that that's what I'd be buying from NHL.com.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Will I look like a total scrub with a replica? I just don't think I have the cash for an authentic at this moment in time.

Not at all haha. 95% of people only wear replicas. You could probably call the Wells Fargo Gear Zone or call any of the Skate Zones and order a Giroux or Voracek. What size are you looking for?

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Not at all haha. 95% of people only wear replicas. You could probably call the Wells Fargo Gear Zone or call any of the Skate Zones and order a Giroux or Voracek. What size are you looking for?

I've currently got a Richards one I bought for $50 that claims to be a Reebok CCM Authentic which is a size 48. Not sure how that translates elsewhere.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not a jersey but...

Thought about buying one of these a long time ago but didn't have the money at the time. The picture is 3' by 10.5', I believe. I'm in the process of buying it now. You can get pretty much any size you want.

29p3ke8.jpg

My brother got one from the Phillies World Series, his is 3' by 13'.
3025ki1.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Potentially pre-ordered one of my biggest jerseys yet. Still on the fence if i'm going to follow through with it but Barry from Meigray told me to preorder it to ensure that no one else picks it up while i'm considering and gave me time to make a decision.

aczmu9.jpg

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
You missed one...$. But yeah, that's why I'm still considering and most likely will decide against it.

:laugh: I don't have the $$$ to play that game so I did what i posted up earlier. Picked up Jeff Jillson's #29 gamer from a few seasons ago during the summer sale and got Denver Athletic to make me a MacKinnon name bar.

I would rather have his real gamer, but I have a mortgage to pay first haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad