ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Just a heads up, Pro League Authentics has an authentic #56 Giroux rookie done up, black, and it's absolutely perfect. I believe it's a 52 but not sure, and I think it's around $235, which is a great deal properly done up. Someone should snag it fast!

IKN... $235 seems an awful lot of money just for the right to have people point to you and say; "Look at that Poor guy... Giroux switched his number on him after he paid good money for that jersey". :sarcasm:

Last edited:

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
VSZ has 4 or 5 black Authentics in 52s.. You can buy one of those and get it done up as a #56 Giroux for like $120.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
IKN... $235 seems an awful lo of money just for the right to have people point to you and say; "Look at that Poor guy... Giroux switched his number on him after he paid good money for that jersey". :sarcasm:

Hahah, well played.

VSZ has 4 or 5 black Authentics in 52s.. You can buy one of those and get it done up as a #56 Giroux for like $120.

The key here is correctly, and I doubt people are willing to put in the effort to make a trip to Ruberti's to get it done properly. Ruberti's was the only place to do these jerseys, and they're the only ones I've seen that are correct 100%. Also it negates a bit of work, plus it's ready now.

Yukon Cornelius*

I'd appreciate any postings or findings of local playoff merchandise. There are usually some pretty good T-Shirts, sweaters, hoodies etc that local stores/websites produce during the playoffs that offer online availability and ordering.

So far I've only found the usual suspects but I've got to imagine there's some good **** out there somewhere. Any and all info is greatly appreciated as the expression goes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I know you guys have seen all of these already but thought i'd post it. Anyone else have methods of framing and hanging jerseys?

14kipva.jpg

1zn5tfk.jpg

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
That's cool.

I looked at tons of frames online and ordered these (even has the flyers logo)

signedstuff.jpg

auto2.jpg

I tried putting the sleeves out, like you did. But, in the end, I just didn't like the way it looked. My frames have hinged doors. The sleeves kept moving before I could close them. I just decided to do it this way...

I ordered mine from here: http://www.thatsmyticket.com/hl-340-w-b.html

The same frame is sold my different places, but some charge $100 more....

Last edited:

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
So just so you guys know, let's stop hating on the Giroux 56 jersey, as I just dropped my white 1.0 off last weekend to have it turned into one. At least the white was his debut version, so WHATCHAGUNNADO WHEN GIROUX ROOKIE DEBUT JERSEY MANIA RUNS RIGHT OVER YOOOOUUUUU!!!

Mosetter27

I spoke to the manager today who let me know that they were in and if i wanted one to get my ass down there cause there are not many of them. I asked him for a price and he said $240... their the Baure APX sticks which normally shoot for 230 and becuase of the limited edition and WC added another 10...

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I know you guys have seen all of these already but thought i'd post it. Anyone else have methods of framing and hanging jerseys?

(Images snipped)

Terrific, HC,... Me likey. :handclap:

BTW: please refresh my memory on the story of the large Winter Classic poster... I remember something about it but -- and this really scares me -- I, for the life of me, cannot recall ANYthing whatsoever... I remember getting a pewter-ish ticket given STHs as a memento... Was the poster offered for sale with a generic seat location, maybe? -- I do vaguely remember a discussion of the generic location... hmm -- ... please don't tell me we were given one and I have it but forget. LOL

EDIT: I now can see autographs on yours and I think I can now recall your mentioning about buying one to have signed at the Carnival... or something on those lines.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Picked these up today and I have no idea what to do with them:

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

As far as I can tell by photos he wore them from October 6th (NHL Debut) to November 5th (Vs. Blue Jackets). Coots scored his First NHL Goal on October 18th.

29m2jjr.jpg

242z6yq.jpg

2yy88j6.jpg

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Picked these up today and I have no idea what to do with them:

[Images snipped]

As far as I can tell by photos he wore them from October 6th (NHL Debut) to November 5th (Vs. Blue Jackets). Coots scored his First NHL Goal on October 18th.

[Images snipped]

Sweet, HC... looks like a lot of wear for that short of time.

May I ask where you purchased it (VSZ) and the cost... also didi you receive a COA from the Flyers? I'm curious to see how much they have gone up in price (if anything) since I bought my Carle ones in Feb., 2011... I've seen some pants a the Memorabilia table at the WFC for more than the $75.00 I paid. I received a COA and the pants were signed by Carle.

As for what to do with them... IMO they'd look sweet below those jersey frames you posted the other day. They stand up on their own very well... at least my Carle one does.

If Coots becomes as big as I (and many many folks) believe, that was a steal... no matter what you paid for them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They were $65 and I got them at the VSZ. Once again no COA though.

Was looking at them on the rack and saw Couturier on them so I did a quick little image search on my phone. Came up with those so it was a no brainer.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
They were $65 and I got them at the VSZ. Once again no COA though.

Was looking at them on the rack and saw Couturier on them so I did a quick little image search on my phone. Came up with those so it was a no brainer.

$65 for his rookie pants is a flat out steal... I have to start popping in at VSZ more often just to check for such things... I really like having GW pants, they actually see more game action often... and they are not very expensive and can easily be signed. WTG, HC.

Bryzard of Oz

Mar 28, 2012
That's cool.

I looked at tons of frames online and ordered these (even has the flyers logo)

signedstuff.jpg

auto2.jpg

I tried putting the sleeves out, like you did. But, in the end, I just didn't like the way it looked. My frames have hinged doors. The sleeves kept moving before I could close them. I just decided to do it this way...

I ordered mine from here: http://www.thatsmyticket.com/hl-340-w-b.html

The same frame is sold my different places, but some charge $100 more....

Just a quick question, what's the inside of those frames like? Is the jersey lying on a piece of wood or is there any give to the backing?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
$65 for his rookie pants is a flat out steal... I have to start popping in at VSZ more often just to check for such things... I really like having GW pants, they actually see more game action often... and they are not very expensive and can easily be signed. WTG, HC.

They don't really have anything anymore besides sticks from the previous sale. During the summer they'll have another equipment sale though.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Just a quick question, what's the inside of those frames like? Is the jersey lying on a piece of wood or is there any give to the backing?

It's actually hard, textured plastic.

The frame is not real wood. And, it's clear plastic and not glass. If it was a complete case with glass, it would weigh 3x as much.

You can get black like I have, or a wooden looking frame. Even standing in front of it, you cannot tell it is not glass and not a box frame

EvilAsh

Lockouts Rule!
Sep 11, 2008
Philadelphia
Check this out.

Game Used Equipment Sale: Wednesday, April 25 through Friday, April 27

Prostock equipment used by the Philadelphia Flyers!
**Including Winter Classic shells and gloves**

For More Information call 856.309.4400 ext 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad