ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
:laugh: I don't have the $$$ to play that game so I did what i posted up earlier. Picked up Jeff Jillson's #29 gamer from a few seasons ago during the summer sale and got Denver Athletic to make me a MacKinnon name bar.

I would rather have his real gamer, but I have a mortgage to pay first haha.

At least one of us has our priorities straight. I bought game issued ones of each of the styles and had them stripped and sent to Denver Athletic. They've been there for over a month now and am waiting for them to come back. I got a Landeskog debut jersey (Forsberg patch), Duchene white, and then coincidently MacKinnon on the blue haha.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Also, may I have better success walking around Philly just browsing places for a jersey? I'll be attending my first Flyers game in Philadelphia at the end of November and I'll be there a couple days before the game just to hang out. I'm assuming I'd be able to find something in the city.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia

Both of these are legitimate replicas, but that's a crazy price to pay. What size jersey do you normally wear, I have a Nike size 48 authentic blank I'd be willing to do the leg work and have customized since I need to drop stuff off at Pro League Authentics anyway. I'd be willing to let the jersey go for 50 + 75 or 85 that they charge for the customization. You'd end up with a better final product than paying 200 for a customized replica.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Both of these are legitimate replicas, but that's a crazy price to pay. What size jersey do you normally wear, I have a Nike size 48 authentic blank I'd be willing to do the leg work and have customized since I need to drop stuff off at Pro League Authentics anyway. I'd be willing to let the jersey go for 50 + 75 or 85 that they charge for the customization. You'd end up with a better final product than paying 200 for a customized replica.

I believe the jersey I currently have is a 48 as well, does that come out to be about a medium? If you'd be willing to do that I would for sure be willing to buy it off you.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
I believe the jersey I currently have is a 48 as well, does that come out to be about a medium? If you'd be willing to do that I would for sure be willing to buy it off you.

I would say it's built to fit a medium sized person with pads. I am 6' 230ish and it fits me fairly well, not too tight. So it might be a bit to big. It is an old Nike, so it won't be as for fitting as the newer jerseys.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Here's another suggestion:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-P...5326?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4d13e82f2e

This jersey is what they wear on the ice. It's mostly made of air-knit and the back is made of the Edge material. Normally they retail for $300 so you're getting a good deal here. Also a 50 should be around the size that you're looking for. To get it customized will probably set you back $75 I believe. Also, that jersey has been posted on eBay a few times now with no bites.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia

Since HC posted that link, I would go with that. It also seems to fit want you originally wanted, which was a current roster player.

If you are coming to Philly I would recommend dropping it off at Pro League Authentics, assuming you don't have access to a car to leave the city. I am sure they could handle sending it to Philly Express and then shipping it to you when it's done.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
They look great! My name bar shipped the other day, took a long time, but after a close look at the detail in the names and numbers, I feel it will be worth the wait in getting them from the proper source.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Went to the Flyers vs Capital debacle last Friday and while in the Fan Store -- I forget the official name of the place -- I noticed a big sign promoting $50.00 off Flyers jerseys that night -- I believe/assume it was only for that game -- I have been looking for a reason to break down and buy a Lecavalier Home Replica and a deal that would justify buying another jersey... I'm actually down to only one current playing player (Pronger not included) with both Winter Classic versions of Giroux #28... so, with my liking to wear only players dressed for the game or past Flyers visiting here with their new teams, I'm greatly limited... bent those rules by wearing an Biron to the Rangers game right after he official retired after being waived down. But I digress... I used by Flyers provided $50.00 Season Ticket Holder Stored Cash on my game ticket and the $50.00 off discount to get a sweet Vinny #40 for a half off $100.00. :)

Made sure it had the correct sized numbers -- same sized as Philly Express does the Flyers players -- and was completely stitched and had the correct Reebok word-mark on the back ... made sure that it had none of the flaws that are sold there when made up by their workers -- there is s Streit #32 jersey still hanging there that was made up in haste after his signing and is an abomination with crinkled edged numbers... so much so that the workers and manager should literally be jailed for keeping on the rack... and so bad that not even the most unobservant clod would buy it -- I found one in my size that was pristine... avoiding the ones with what looked like tiny Sharpie marks on the back numbers and the one with the frayed bottom of the zero in the forty on the back... Bought it and, of course Vinny injured himself in a fight against the Caps... Call me a jinx. LOL

Anyway... anyone interested should look out for a similar un-promoted deal when at the WFC... 25% early in-season for players still on the team... for well made jerseys there (or anywhere) can't be beat. It actually brings the price down to the various Retail chains with small and heat pressed personalization prices... the Flyers STH Stored Cash is an added Godsend.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
With all the player movement lately... Let's talk about how many current vs former players jerseys/tshirts I have. 2007 style jerseys/tshirts on. I could only imagine how much money some people lost on all of these trades etc. About half of the jerseys are authentic, the others are just replicas.

Current Tshirts
1) G (2x)
2) Simmonds
3) Couturier
4) Hartnell
5) Coburn
6) Voracek

Current Jerseys
1) Giroux

Former Tshirts
1) Talbot
2) Richards
3) Bob
4) Bryz
5) Carter
6) JvR
7) Briere (2x)
8) Leino

Former Jerseys
1) Richards (2x)
2) Pronger (well I don't mind this one)
3) van Rimesdyk
4) Briere (2)
5) Talbot

Until this organization gets their **** together, I'm done buying any sort of player apparel for a long, loooooong time.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
With all the player movement lately... Let's talk about how many current vs former players jerseys/tshirts I have. 2007 style jerseys/tshirts on. I could only imagine how much money some people lost on all of these trades etc. About half of the jerseys are authentic, the others are just replicas.

Current Tshirts
1) G (2x)
2) Simmonds
3) Couturier
4) Hartnell
5) Coburn
6) Voracek

Current Jerseys
1) Giroux

Former Tshirts
1) Talbot
2) Richards
3) Bob
4) Bryz
5) Carter
6) JvR
7) Briere (2x)
8) Leino

Former Jerseys
1) Richards (2x)
2) Pronger (well I don't mind this one)
3) van Rimesdyk
4) Briere (2)
5) Talbot

Until this organization gets their **** together, I'm done buying any sort of player apparel for a long, loooooong time.

Off hand I'd guess that I have a couple of dozen Flyers jerseys -- Sirtseys, etc. not included -- of which, as I said only two Giroux and one Pronger are current players (if we want to count Pronger)... and now also one Lecavlier. I have some retired Flyers that I can dust off and wear, and a lot of players that were ones I considered to be long time Flyers but were suddenly removed from the ranks... Richards, Carter, etc... I wear them when they visit as opposing players. I hate buying jerseys that I expect to get great use out of, only to get little use from... Such is the Free Agent/Cap Era of NHL Hockey -- one good thing about the Flyers though is that they do bring back players and I got to wear their Jerseys again [Knuble(2), Gagne(2), Recchi(2), etc.]. I hate to buy new replacement jerseys... but the flesh is weak.

... Speaking of which; I was at the Dicks Sporting Goods in The Marketplace at Garden State Park and looked at the Flyers Replica Jerseys... They are funny there as they do no discriminate in pricing between the multilayered stitched customization and the single-layered plastic-ish heat pressed ones, and in fact, I've seen the multilayered go for cheaper than the crappy ones... seems all the numbers are of the smaller than the Players wear sizing type. They had a Clearance rack with many jerseys from the two Compliance Buy-Out players... I was tempted by the Briere Orange ones but they only had the single-ply type ($50.00)... of the many the Bryzgalov Home ones, most seemed to be the better customization ones ($60.00 for either IIRC)... They were nice and better than fairly priced... but while I could see me wearing a Briere one of the better customization, I could NOT see myself ever wearing a Bryz one now (although I could if he were still with the team)... In any case, if anyone is interested in buying them for use or altering to a current player, there are quite a few there in various sizes for the taking. FWIW: I've seen past players jerseys of both type go for well over $100.00 at the Cherry Hill Mall Collectable shop that replaced B&C (I think it was IIRC)... and IMO they should be ashamed of themselves for such pricing for non-current players.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad