OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
the sabres have had one of the best jerseys since they came into the league and theyre finally working towards fixing decades worth of cockups to get back on th right path. lose the f***ing front numbers and never put strings again and go back to the original scheme. and keep this delicious 50th jersey as a 3rd going forward. since mogilny was my favorite player growing up, it hurts my soul to see what has happened to this sweater over the years. please get back to basics. not that i collect jerseys anymore, simply as an enthusiastic observer.

dls

Jan 20, 2009
Any ideas for how to pick up an authentic Randy McKay Jersey. Ideally with an A in red? Been searching ...

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Trying this thread;

I have two jerseys I'm looking to get customised nameplates and numbers on, Reebok red and throwback CCM red and green. A few years back I remember a guy called Charlie for Dorholt Custom Sports posting a fair bit on this site, but their Facebook seems relatively inactive. Anyone know if these guys are still active, or someone else that can do a solid job?

I'm in Europe, for reference, so shipping both ways is an issue at hand. Do have family in VA and CA though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Trying this thread;

I have two jerseys I'm looking to get customised nameplates and numbers on, Reebok red and throwback CCM red and green. A few years back I remember a guy called Charlie for Dorholt Custom Sports posting a fair bit on this site, but their Facebook seems relatively inactive. Anyone know if these guys are still active, or someone else that can do a solid job?

I'm in Europe, for reference, so shipping both ways is an issue at hand. Do have family in VA and CA though.

I'll PM his email address. He did the Hughes nameplate that I took to the draft and a few random things for me over the last few years.

Reactions: Sgt Brylin

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
69405387_10106820709759794_1959670723920265216_o.jpg

Home jersey came in from IceJerseys. Now I just need to figure out how to sew on the heritage and USA nameplate/numbers.

Reactions: mtnet and mdj12784

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
A couple questions for the game-used folks:

- Does Meigray ever sell preseason jerseys?
- If not, when do the regular season pre orders start?
- I’ve never bought a gamer before but am considering getting a Simmonds this year. It looks like Meigray has his Flyers jerseys for $1500 but he obviously meant more to those fans. Think his price for a Devils jersey will stay that high?
- Lastly, is it considered taboo to wash a game-used Jersey? I want to wear this one but eventually I know it’ll need to be washed if I do.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
A couple questions for the game-used folks:

- Does Meigray ever sell preseason jerseys?
- If not, when do the regular season pre orders start?
- I’ve never bought a gamer before but am considering getting a Simmonds this year. It looks like Meigray has his Flyers jerseys for $1500 but he obviously meant more to those fans. Think his price for a Devils jersey will stay that high?
- Lastly, is it considered taboo to wash a game-used Jersey? I want to wear this one but eventually I know it’ll need to be washed if I do.

1) Sometimes. Sometimes they sell them directly or sometimes it goes to Meigray auctions. Sometimes the teams keep them to recycle them (though this is getting less and less common I have noticed). IIRC, Meigray has sold the past two years preseason gamers. However, those are typically of players that did not make the roster while the players that did carry theirs over as set 1.
2) Typically after the preseason ends but before first game of season. They wait until the roster is set before offering them. I already put in my request list earlier this summer.
3) Maybe. I am figuring that being the top end of the range for Simmonds.
4) Generally, yes. Typically, the jerseys are washed by the team before Meigray receives them. There are exceptions where Meigray grabs them right from the locker room before they are washed by the team, but that is more the exception and tend to be one game wonders. My McMullen night gamer (Parenteau) was not washed and that stunk to high hell. My Elias night gamer (Severson) was also unwashed but that wasn't bad.

Reactions: Colin226

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Just back from exclusive pro and I’m absolutely in love my new favorite jersey .
Jack Hughes Authentic Heritage Adidas.

LOVE to see it. exclusive pro's work is just immense.

i own three blank authentics (edge 2.0 home, adidas away, adidas heritage) and while i'm generally resistant to names on the back (only names i wear not counting player t-shirts right now are brodeur and elias), hall signing a contract may lead me to treat myself...

Platypus420

Nov 2, 2013
AD578936-C431-4883-AE5D-460716FBEC5A.jpeg
LOVE to see it. exclusive pro's work is just immense.

i own three blank authentics (edge 2.0 home, adidas away, adidas heritage) and while i'm generally resistant to names on the back (only names i wear not counting player t-shirts right now are brodeur and elias), hall signing a contract may lead me to treat myself...

Reactions: mtnet and mdj12784

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I thought the team was required to wear the Heritage jerseys a certain amount of times per year? I wonder if they technically haven't been announced yet.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Sigh, I thought I'd try to go the cheap route and order nameplates off eBay and having a nearby dry cleaner sew it on for me. Dry cleaner quoted me one price then charged me 10x when I went to pick it up yesterday. Price wise I probably was better off just sending it to Exclusive Pro again but last time they took 4+ months to finish.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Looks like MeiGray has gamer jersey pre-orders available. As badly as I would love a Simmonds jersey $1,500 seems incredibly high (especially compared with a Palmieri going for half of that).

Maybe I just don't understand how demand is calculated for these things. He was a sentimental fan favorite in Philly for many years and they have a pretty large fan base so I can see how his jersey could command that there, but to ask that same price for his Devils and Nashville jerseys? He barely played and did anything for Nashville, and he's on a 1 year deal here. There's almost no chance he becomes as beloved here as he was in Philly. The only reason I even want it is because I met him at a bar and he was a very nice guy, and I've always loved his toughness, so to have his Devils gamer jersey would be awesome. Plus I could wear it when I'm down at games or bars in Philly.

Does MeiGray ever lower prices? Seems like they are happy to sit on items for a while.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Looks like MeiGray has gamer jersey pre-orders available. As badly as I would love a Simmonds jersey $1,500 seems incredibly high (especially compared with a Palmieri going for half of that).

Maybe I just don't understand how demand is calculated for these things. He was a sentimental fan favorite in Philly for many years and they have a pretty large fan base so I can see how his jersey could command that there, but to ask that same price for his Devils and Nashville jerseys? He barely played and did anything for Nashville, and he's on a 1 year deal here. There's almost no chance he becomes as beloved here as he was in Philly. The only reason I even want it is because I met him at a bar and he was a very nice guy, and I've always loved his toughness, so to have his Devils gamer jersey would be awesome. Plus I could wear it when I'm down at games or bars in Philly.

Does MeiGray ever lower prices? Seems like they are happy to sit on items for a while.

As a collector myself, primary market sale prices are always through the roof through MeiGray, Fanatics, Steiner when they were around etc. Anything new you’re almost always going to overpay for by a decent amount.

MeiGray does run summer sales on jerseys (though the previous season is usually off limits) and they are open to offers. They may not budge now but maybe later in the season once the second set rolls around they may be more open to taking less.

If you do wind up buying one, just know going in that if you ever try to move it you’ll probably get back way less than you paid. That’s just the way it is with a lot of jerseys nowadays. I obviously don’t follow the Devils market too well but my advice would be to wait it out a bit and see how they price his other sets and if they run any deals throughout the season.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
FWIW they are asking less on Subban than Nashville ($1995 here vs $2495) so, they do take into account the team that they are playing on and how the fanbase is.

Meigray is extremely unlikely (in other words won't) lower prices or accept offers for current year jerseys. Typically, when they have sales, most current season is not on sale, the previous season is a little off (typically 15-20% off) and jerseys older than those are 35% off (that is according to the latest summer sale that ended in September).

Will they ever lower the asking price on it? Maybe, but who knows. Meigray has lowered prices on players in the past such as Zajac used to be $750 retail but is now $695. However, given that Simmonds is only here for most likely 1 season it is hard to tell if that will ever happen. The fact that there will only be 1-season's worth of his Devils jerseys also probably played a bit into why they priced it that way as well.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Thanks for the info guys! I think I’ve concluded that I’m better off buying an authentic (Canadian-made) blank and having it customized. Would be cool to have his game used jersey but $1,500 for a sentimental purchase doesn’t make sense for me. Could say I already splurge in that department just having season tickets haha.

Thanks!!

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Hi all,

I have a brand new Nico Hischier authentic Adidas home jersey, size 54. It's too large for me and I'm well beyond the return window on NHL shop. I have a size 50 that fits well. If anyone has anything they would like to trade for it, please let me know! Thanks!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
My saint of a wife bought me a Hughes jersey from CoolHockey for my birthday today.

I am not worthy of such a woman, who willingly helps add to my addiction. :laugh: This will now be jersey 24(!) in my collection! 20 of them Devils jerseys, 1 Schneider USA world cup jersey, 1 Boston College jersey (Schneider and Boyle autographed), 1 USA jersey and 1 blue Kovalchuk Atlanta jersey.

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad