OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Thanks guys. Yea, I got customization from the Devils Den one and it was not good. I don't want to make that mistake again. Probably gonna capitalize on that CoolHockey deal before it goes away.

Reactions: mdj12784

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Coolhockey is sold out of L & XL. Anyone know if the NHL store in Manhattan has the Hughes jerseys on display for sale yet?

Pretty sure you can get your jersey customized at the NHL Store but don't know if they have any restrictions or anything like that. Don't know how good the quality really is either.

Might be worth taking a look into it though.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
Coolhockey is sold out of L & XL. Anyone know if the NHL store in Manhattan has the Hughes jerseys on display for sale yet?

I work on 6th and they do not

Hughes hasn't signed his contract yet so they cannot sell his jersey

So I just got out of work and on my walk to Penn I looked to the right when I passed the NHL store and I did in fact see a 86 Hughes jersey on display.

I walked in and they only had red 86 Hughes Fanatics jerseys on display for sale. The guy working said they put them out about 40 minutes ago. I took a look to see if they had Subban jerseys and they had Subban jerseys in authentic and Fanatics

Reactions: mdj12784

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If I'm a size XL in the old Reebok jerseys how does that translate to the new Adidas/Fanatics jerseys? Looking to upgrade.

Still the same cut or should you go up or down a size?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I got an Adidas 'authentic' a few months back. Haven't worn it for a game yet, but it's noticeably thinner (but the sleeves are really long) than the Reebok replica/authentics that I have. I'd definitely try to put one on in store just to be sure it's a fit that you like.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Hughes hasn't signed his contract yet so they cannot sell his jersey
I was in the city Wednesday and the girl working at the NHL store stated that their policy is not to make a players jersey available until "his skates hit the ice" in an NHL game.

Not sure how precise that is, but they certainly did not have Hughes86 available there, although (as confirmed earlier) they've got plenty of Subbans, including some NSH markdowns in the back.

Edit: Now seeing Tony's response... perhaps there's a different policy on Fanatics vs. Authentics? Or maybe they play fast and loose with their own policies when it comes to incoming top picks?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I got an Adidas 'authentic' a few months back. Haven't worn it for a game yet, but it's noticeably thinner (but the sleeves are really long) than the Reebok replica/authentics that I have. I'd definitely try to put one on in store just to be sure it's a fit that you like.

I wear t-shirts in large and size 50 fits me really nicely, with or without a hoodie underneath.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Edit: Now seeing Tony's response... perhaps there's a different policy on Fanatics vs. Authentics? Or maybe they play fast and loose with their own policies when it comes to incoming top picks?

The thing that's ridiculous about this is there's nothing to preclude you from ordering a jersey with a custom name & number the same as the NHL player, as opposed to clicking on the "listed online" NHL player name & number jersey.

Reactions: GameSeven

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I am fighting the urge to get one for myself.

tenor.gif

And I know which gif I'll use if Subban gets an embellishment penalty.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
ElpXcJej6L825Ce8_jfWITbdS02bZbv9znK-L9K7ibIt3YC_bZAQrCqNAPF5PRI2Q5kO_Pim7_2AFMLBKSMdAHPA-U7mHwZyrrIAb6kmu8tlAxgYRMn_6OX5w4Nnrx0A4xa6XdHGhL46He0eFsdTmRiVRk8x8A728U3RDVSM9VzJPx41pjiBiUrMP4F1QUTjpgr6hMYGqoFIB4owqgPjiMiZleGrm_R4kJufPIoh97Udolvwq7Ru_mfgxYMt1z1Z-hwB9BoxZNtOGMwK8UcizrUKT_mDo9xk8IQD3cO1wrSBNAPxba47tCA5KJ-Rzp5dBiJYfHvS5XHM_rrAfJkZymOf9o1XWIR2wLpNgngeKYxLCY6vb_B8AG0G-oD-a7rtdoImIoOlgAdDZSAy2qw2juLv14D-0AjSLa2EUsaw4vg3Dw_-8DDt98JR3sukZZInNp6rRsbGwGfl63RcDlp2gekY8ugw_KU6WC8G_laCriskwuiK_7U4hKp673AvgNDoHUAYv0Kk27hHi8ipuhFo2ZIFvYe9i5HtOdElL1uZ55orhV5Uv17f8f9dgnZHyZG8yZRleUZtvNjMC_LWGUc4PRicy56DVwrjxJ44K9lS60h2GwqcZW_xIlCx0zgz8rWgZmF0YvsMQbn9NjreHyOCmjEH0MeumPFE=w1489-h969-no

Ordered some nameplates off eBay for some blank jerseys I had. It's gonna bug me, but the font is slightly off on the USA jersey. [/firstworldprobs]

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Check out IceJerseys or CoolHockey...they typically have sales during the summer for deeply discounted or even free customization and they do hand-stitched. It isnt the iron on crap you'll find at the Devils Den.

Another option is just buying a blank from them and sending to ExclusivePro

CoolHockey is actually having 30% off all orders over $170 it looks like which gets the price down to $170

Best bet in most cases for the bolded scenario IMO is to buy the blank from SportsK. They usually have better prices on blanks than CoolHockey or IceJerseys. It also appears they have a standing $195 price on customized Adidas jerseys; right now Devils road jerseys in selected sizes are available. SportsK is similar in reputability as CoolHockey and IceJerseys IMO (have bought from all three, including a customized jersey from SportsK).

SportsK also has some good deals on retro/vintage (1982-1992 Devils and Colorado Rockies) jerseys, both blanks and selected player jerseys. (One minor negative if you are picky - in a couple cases, they are selling jerseys for players who never wore the jersey, i.e. Taylor Hall in a CCM vintage then-road (red/green) jersey.)

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Unless you absolutely MUST get the jersey customized right away skip the team and NHL stores and go to Gerry Crosby's near MSG. For roughly the same cost they send it out and have it sewn (not heat pressed) and the quality is far better. Here's the Reinhart jersey they did for me:
20190817_034156.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->