OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
The real McCoy did have those type of holes. Attached are pics of an inaugural year game worn jersey I once owned. They used Sandow mesh in 82-83 and then mesh again when they used CCM in 83-84 and 84-85 before switching over to ultrafil halfway in 85-86.

Attachments

• Mohercloseup1.JPG
    Mohercloseup1.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Mohercloseup2.JPG
    Mohercloseup2.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 25

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
So the Heritage Jerseys are only the fanatic replicas and there is no authentic option?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The real McCoy did have those type of holes. Attached are pics of an inaugural year game worn jersey I once owned. They used Sandow mesh in 82-83 and then mesh again when they used CCM in 83-84 and 84-85 before switching over to ultrafil halfway in 85-86.

I have a white one (wish I had the red one, but back in the day white was the home jersey), but I dont know what year it's from. It was bought for me in 1985 though, so probably that year unless it sat on a rack. I dont trot it out very often, but occasionally I still wear it.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Wonder how far behind the NHL will be in doing something like this. Real time ads on jerseys will be their real motive for doing this but my lord what an eye sore that would be...

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
I wasn't sure where to put my question; this thread and the Devils ticket/Prudential Center thread make the most sense but neither is a clear fit. My question - how much Devils fan apparel does Gameday Sports in the Bridgewater Commons Mall sell? Do they sell stuff that Fanatics does not sell (ala places like Modell's)? I'm thinking about making a trip into north Jersey to check out some sports fan apparel stores during my next family visit on Memorial Day weekend, and I wanted to find out if it would be worthwhile to make a trip there to check out T-shirts, hats, and jerseys. The family lives about 10 miles north of Bethlehem, and there is slim pickings of Devils apparel at Lehigh Valley stores, worse than it was 20 years when I still lived there. (Back then the Phillipsburg Mall actually had stores in most of its spaces and had a couple places that carried some stuff - IIRC correctly I bought a couple of Devils T-shirts and a Devils hat after the 1995 Stanley Cup championship at the Kmart that used to be there. Schuylkill Valley Sports, an eastern PA-based chain with about 15 current locations, also carried more hockey apparel, including more Devils apparel, at its Easton/Palmer Park Mall location a few years ago.)

If I go into north Jersey at some point from my parents' house to check out a few sports fan apparel stores, I'd rather go to the places that are relatively close, like the Bridgewater/Raritan area on I-287 near I-78 or the Dover area (Rockaway) up near I-80. Any suggestions about sports apparel places worth checking that are in the far western NYC suburbs in New Jersey would be appreciated. (Obviously I know about stores like Modell's and Lids, but information about other, smaller chains or independent stores would be helpful.)

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My recollection of that spot in the Bridgewater Mall is that it definitely has some stuff you won’t find on Fanatics, though not a big selection. Prices are also steep but I get the allure of buying your merch in person.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
My question - how much Devils fan apparel does Gameday Sports in the Bridgewater Commons Mall sell?

That's the place that's relatively new, right? They do have a Hall jersey on display in the window, so they carry Devils stuff. Pretty sure I saw Nico jerseys too, and they definitely have t-shirts, key chains, pint glasses, that sort of thing.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I live nearby the Bridgewater Commons Mall and visited that store a couple weeks back. The most Devils stuff they had was in the front window while the rest of the store was pretty bare-bones. Like others have said they have some shirts, key-chains, and other assorted knick-knacks, but nothing I would make a special trip out for. A lot of these stores that open in these malls tend to come and go within months and I doubt this one will be any different. Most of their stuff is vastly overpriced (for what they are) and selection for NHL stuff in very poor in general, especially compared to how much MLB, NBA and especially NFL stuff they have.

Frankly, I am surprised when sports stores like these open in malls. Why open a store like that when malls across the board are facing declining foot traffic, intense competition from the internet, and sky-high rents?

Reactions: mdj12784

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nuts, I already splurged on a new Xmas authentic jersey a few weeks ago at $130 something for a blank and they have it for $107 after the coupon code. The Adidas fit is a bit weird though.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Has anyone tried a sleeveless jersey at benchclearers.com

Do you guys remember the Mitchell and ness nhl vintage concepts (basketball) jerseys they did a few years ago? They are hard to find now but I was able to snag a Montreal canadiens one on eBay

Here are two I really want to get but seem to be rare now:
1_678fa91a8aaf326a7943cb4f61bef317.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2016%2F06%2Fconcepts-mitchell-ness-1996-nhl-jersey-tanks-1.jpg

Last edited:

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey
meant to order a bratt home and got this instead. I did email them and they did reply back saying no worries we changed your order, they didn't.
For the price $147 (cool hockey) I am ok with it. Nameplate seems off material wise.

Attachments

• 20190525_213623.jpg
    20190525_213623.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190525_213623.jpg
    20190525_213623.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 11

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Found the jersey thread. What do you guys recommend for getting a new jersey? Last jersey I got was the RBK. I ordered a replica and they sent the jersey to get officially stitched somewhere else (can't remember where).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Found the jersey thread. What do you guys recommend for getting a new jersey? Last jersey I got was the RBK. I ordered a replica and they sent the jersey to get officially stitched somewhere else (can't remember where).

Check out IceJerseys or CoolHockey...they typically have sales during the summer for deeply discounted or even free customization and they do hand-stitched. It isnt the iron on crap you'll find at the Devils Den.

Another option is just buying a blank from them and sending to ExclusivePro

CoolHockey is actually having 30% off all orders over $170 it looks like which gets the price down to $170

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->