Post-Game Talk: All I got was a lousy tshirt

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
They knew they were done after New Jersey. They were fortunate to not lose in regulation to a decimated Coyote team and knew it was the Oiler Midget Tier 3 team vs the NHL Knights and Blues. Didn’t bother showing up for either.

Just run the season out, try to get McDavid the scoring title and Leon t0 50.

Drop Rattie Reider Khaira to 4th line 3 minutes per night. Let Brodziak know there will be no next year as he will be sent to Bakersfield regardless what happens. If he wants to agree to mutually terminate his contract and get a head start on retirement the Oilers will bonus him a pair of first class tickets anywhere in the world.

Let Lucic know his new home for the remainder of the season is the pressbox and that is where he will be all of next year unless he agrees to waive to any team the Oilers can make a deal to, and allow his agent to talk to all other teams starting now.

Basically run with 3 lines of Drai McDavid Kassian, Gagner RNH Chaisson, Gambardella Cave Currie.

Let Koskinens agent know we ****ed up and we wont play him. He can agree to terminate his deal or ride the buses in Bakersfield for the next 3 years. Play Stolarz the rest of the season to prove it to Koskinens agent.

Fire Sutter and the pro scouts now. Fire Bill Scott the idiot who cant seem to add. Fire Howson because he should have not been brought back for a 3rd time by the OBC. Fire Chiarellis brother whose in amateur scouting.

Let MacTavish know that next time he is at Costco to bring back some large boxes and just keep them in the corner of his office for later. GIve that pleasure to the new GM.
tenor.gif

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Koskinen had the flu last week, and they put him immediately back in after one game and then a back to back. He pretty much had all the starts since trade deadline. This my problem with Hitch, is he not properly giving Koskinen breaks.
And yeah, the team played atrocious, I'm not Impressed by our defence at all.
I'm a huge supporter of Larsson, and he is definitely off his game right now.
I really hate Nurses bank passes that turn into icings, and I hate the Russell-Nurse pairing as a whole.

Our forwards are afraid to shoot, it's like some type of virus that shooting the puck will get them into trouble or something.
Our defence does not know how to make outlet passes, it drives me nuts.
If you’re trying desperately to make the playoffs, and you’ve just given a nice fat contract with term to your goalie, shouldn’t you be playing him nearly every game? Isn’t that the job of a #1? If he can’t handle it, why hand him that contract?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I get the feeling Adam Larsson is not going to be here when his contract is up.

They could very well opt to protect Klefbom + Nurse + one of Jones/Bear in the expansion draft instead and not extend Larsson.

He’s playing with negative intensity right now and his puck skills are actually regressing.

Really the Oilers don’t even need a true #1 D. Even if they had 4 Sekeras they’d be fine, but they don’t even have that.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I get the feeling Adam Larsson is not going to be here when his contract is up.

They could very well opt to protect Klefbom + Nurse + one of Jones/Bear in the expansion draft instead and not extend Larsson.

Love him or hate him, he plays hard minutes on the oppostions best players. Even in how he's played, he still is our best RD. I doubt Bear or Bouchard will be ready to replace his minutes.
Jones you definitely keep and if Bear does step up...then maybe Larsson will be gone. But I would try to retain him.

I think once he's gone, people will realize how much of hole he plugged even if he had a few leaks the past month. He makes life miserable for our opponents, no other D on our team does that, not even Nurse.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
If you’re trying desperately to make the playoffs, and you’ve just given a nice fat contract with term to your goalie, shouldn’t you be playing him nearly every game? Isn’t that the job of a #1? If he can’t handle it, why hand him that contract?

Running goalies to the ground? That is smart?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Outworked all night. Same as in Vegas. Like watching men vs boys. 5 shots halfway through the game, and the puck control was embarrassing, not NHL level at all.
The culture is absolutely lost. Need that new GM, new coaching staff, a handful of hungry Bakersfield prospects, and a pair of impactful trades in the off-season.

Kassian pummeling Maroon was delightful.

5 game home stand coming up. Now it's purely for the fans. A couple weeks left before the 5 month break, so give it everything this last little stretch and just play with pride. Our fans are usually pretty supportive in the last stretch of the season, we're used to this being the last stretch of hockey. It's a long summer, give us something to hope for next year

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Couldn’t you say the same thing to those players regarding McLlelland?

Yes, that is the point? because of the coaching change we know it wasn't just the coach but the lack of adequate support and talent on the roster that keeps us non competitive in games?
Players still need to show up no matter the coach and both coaches have a respected history. So, I'm not sure what your point is.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I didn't watch the game but these goals are f***ing brutal. Who's available in the off season? Because we can't have these 2 to start next season. It feels like Dubnyk/LaBarbera/Scrivens/Bryzgalov timeline again.

Reactions: MikeYEG

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yup. Kassian was playing his sack off again tonight. RNH was awful. Again.

Agree and disagree.

It wasnt a great game for RNH but I certainly wouldn't single him out as being awful.

To be honest (after watching the game a second time) I thought the team looked fatigued. Not surprising considering they are undermanned against most teams and have had to play above thier heads in this recent run of good play (before the last 3 games).

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I thought the team looked fatigued.
Coach agrees with you, see his post game comments below.

'We're running on fumes. We need to get home and see if we can get some rest. We're banged up and there's not much left of us. We just need to regroup and get ready for the homestand.'

'I applaud us for coming back in the game. Coming back hard in the second period. Mounting a big comeback, but the fifth goal really hurt us a lot.'

Reactions: guymez

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
So with the browns being good next year. Have we finally done it? Have we finally hit rock bottom? Can we finally start rising?!?
How do you know the Browns will be good? They can add Tom Brady and still suck. Case in point, Oilers add Mcdavid and still suck. Trade Mcdavid now while you can still get big pieces coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad