Post-Game Talk: All I got was a lousy tshirt

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Pick the Jets for your second team. That’s what I’ve done.

haha.. Yeah I'll find a way to enjoy these playoffs. I kinda knew we weren't going to make the playoffs but I thought the Oilers would have at least given us some playoff hockey down the stretch here.. that would have been our playoffs.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If you think that first snipe was a brutal goal you are out to lunch.

All he had to do was square up on the 1st Schwartz goal and that's an easy save, that's a goal that should never ever go in on any NHL level goaltender. Mikko, you're 6'7" for f*** sakes, play like you're 6'7". For reference, look at the saves he made against Patrick Kane months back when he had his confidence in the early Hitch games, made like 3-4 saves like the Schwartz shot because he played big in net. Now, he's gotten Schwartz'd, Dustin Schwartz'd.

The 1st and 3rd goals were horrendous but he also made some big saves in fairness to him.
This is what Koksinen has been for months, he'll make some really tough saves then let in a head scratcher or three pretty much every game.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
All he had to do was square up on the 1st Schwartz goal and that's an easy save, that's a goal that should never ever go in on any NHL level goaltender. Mikko, you're 6'7" for **** sakes, play like you're 6'7". For reference, look at the saves he made against Patrick Kane months back when he had his confidence in the early Hitch games, made like 3-4 saves like the Schwartz shot because he played big in net. Now, he's gotten Schwartz'd, Dustin Schwartz'd.

The 1st and 3rd goals were horrendous but he also made some big saves in fairness to him.
This is what Koksinen has been for months, he'll make some really tough saves then let in a head scratcher or three pretty much every game.
Three more years...

Thank God for Netflix and video games.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Drai should hit 100 points this season, good time to sell high on him too.

You know you don't have to get rid of good players, right?
I think the Oilers should at least explore the option. Everyone not named Connor or Leon should be available.

I'm not saying sell him, but if a GM bites with a good offer...

Reactions: Messrules11

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I ba
They knew they were done after New Jersey. They were fortunate to not lose in regulation to a decimated Coyote team and knew it was the Oiler Midget Tier 3 team vs the NHL Knights and Blues. Didn’t bother showing up for either.

Just run the season out, try to get McDavid the scoring title and Leon t0 50.

Drop Rattie Reider Khaira to 4th line 3 minutes per night. Let Brodziak know there will be no next year as he will be sent to Bakersfield regardless what happens. If he wants to agree to mutually terminate his contract and get a head start on retirement the Oilers will bonus him a pair of first class tickets anywhere in the world.

Let Lucic know his new home for the remainder of the season is the pressbox and that is where he will be all of next year unless he agrees to waive to any team the Oilers can make a deal to, and allow his agent to talk to all other teams starting now.

Basically run with 3 lines of Drai McDavid Kassian, Gagner RNH Chaisson, Gambardella Cave Currie.

Let Koskinens agent know we ****ed up and we wont play him. He can agree to terminate his deal or ride the buses in Bakersfield for the next 3 years. Play Stolarz the rest of the season to prove it to Koskinens agent.

Fire Sutter and the pro scouts now. Fire Bill Scott the idiot who cant seem to add. Fire Howson because he should have not been brought back for a 3rd time by the OBC. Fire Chiarellis brother whose in amateur scouting.

Let MacTavish know that next time he is at Costco to bring back some large boxes and just keep them in the corner of his office for later. GIve that pleasure to the new GM.

I back ya 100% on all points. Will it happen? Man I hope so

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Lol, how many games has he played this year? Is Fleury being run into the ground? You make starter money, you play starter games.

A season is marathon not a sprint. Did Fleury play every single game straight through the season?
That is just poor management
if your trying make them play like another player where both teams are built differently and both goalies have different strengths and weaknesses to watch for.
The whole point of a backup is to pace the season for your starter. Even Hitchcock admitted this in the begining when they still had Talbot. But he is playing Koskinen straight for a bid for the Playoffs and you can see fatigued in his game right now.
It is the same mentality that ran Talbot to be pretty much exhausted and almost useless when he played the last 2 seasons. Why do you think Koskinen won the starter job in first place?
But yeah, I see how easy it is to look at another team and player and say "if they can do it, so can we " and if you can't, you're worthless.

Nobody on here is putting 100 % of the blame on Hitch, as you have been asserting. But he sure as hell is not part of the solution. The game has passed him by.

I don't need to assert anything. You can read the posts and see where blame is being focused on. It is the same type of posts when Tmac was still headcoach.

The blame should be squarely on Chairelli and management. The coach is utilizing what he has, and he doesn't have enough, simple as that. I highly doubt the game has passed him by.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I think the Oilers should at least explore the option. Everyone not named Connor or Leon should be available.

I'm not saying sell him, but if a GM bites with a good offer...

I can't imagine any circumstances where that happens. No one is paying the Oilers a premium for any non McDavid/Drai player.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
A season is marathon not a sprint. Did Fleury play every single game straight through the season?
That is just poor management
if your trying make them play like another player where both teams are built differently and both goalies have different strengths and weaknesses to watch for.
The whole point of a backup is to pace the season for your starter. Even Hitchcock admitted this in the begining when they still had Talbot. But he is playing Koskinen straight for a bid for the Playoffs and you can see fatigued in his game right now.
It is the same mentality that ran Talbot to be pretty much exhausted and almost useless when he played the last 2 seasons. Why do you think Koskinen won the starter job in first place?
But yeah, I see how easy it is to look at another team and player and say "if they can do it, so can we " and if you can't, you're worthless.

I don't need to assert anything. You can read the posts and see where blame is being focused on. It is the same type of posts when Tmac was still headcoach.

The blame should be squarely on Chairelli and management. The coach is utilizing what he has, and he doesn't have enough, simple as that. I highly doubt the game has passed him by.
Fuhr, Ranford, Salo and Talbot have all played over 70 games for this franchise in one season. Fuhr holds the record playing 79 games for St.Louis at age 33. Hell, Brodeur did it 10 times, the last at age 37. None of this even counts playoff games for the above goalies. Are you saying at 47 games Kos gets a fatigue excuse?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Fuhr, Ranford, Salo and Talbot have all played over 70 games for this franchise in one season. Fuhr holds the record playing 79 game for St.Louis at age 33. Hell, Brodeur did it 10 times, the last at age 37. None of this even counts playoff games for the above goalies. Are you saying at 47 games Kos gets a fatigue excuse?
yes
cause unlike the goalies you mentioned...Koskinen has never played more than 41 games in a season...that was 3 seasons ago

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I dont get the “trade RNH” BS. We traded Hall, Eberle for Strome, and Cagguila for Larsson Manning and Gagner.

We are not going to win a trade where we trade RNH for lesser winger and mid range D man. The team that gets the best player wins the trade. That is how trades work. We should know, we have been on the wrong end of too many of them.

Draft and develop talented players is what needs to happen. We do need some immediate help so instead of trading our 3rd best player, dump Russell and JP to open cap space to try to get one of the players that cap strapped teams will be trading to get salary cap room to sign their 2nd contract young players this summer. THere will be a ton of good players available in trade. We need the cap space to get one.

Reactions: MikeYEG and TB12

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
yes
cause unlike the goalies you mentioned...Koskinen has never played more than 41 games in a season...that was 3 seasons ago
Funny, I thought athletes today were better conditioned? For a guy that spends the game on his knees he should be able to play all 82

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
If you think that first snipe was a brutal goal you are out to lunch.

You might want to get your eyes checked.

Koskinen is 6'7 tall but plays really low, small, and gave up the ENTIRE right side. Not squared to the shooter and he's not even cheating on the forward to his right.

Koskinen's awareness and attention is no where to be found. Glove hand is not in position and his reaction is really slow to make the save.

If he stood taller, cut off all angles, and have a better glove hand position, that shot would either bounce off his shoulder or straight into his glove.

I wouldn't even call that shot a snipe since the puck was fluttering so much.

It's a brutal goal to give up and should be a routine save at the NHL level. He let that shot go by him, very simple fact.

It's not even a debate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad