Post-Game Talk: All I got was a lousy tshirt

MikeYEG

Feb 7, 2019
Just watched it, wow... no words. It was so bad the 7-2 scoreline actually flattered us... good thing we have Six Rings who knows a thing or two about winning, right?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I kinda expected an ugly game, actually was surprised there was a game yesterday because I thought it was today.

3 games in 4 nights for a group that plays McDavid and Draisaitl 25+ minutes a game is a recipe for disaster. Those guys are gonna be just gassed.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Two points out of bottom 5.

How I feel inside.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BlackDogg

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
3 games in 4 nights for a group that plays McDavid and Draisaitl 25+ minutes a game is a recipe for disaster. Those guys are gonna be just gassed.

I'd say it's starting to show already. Leon had a horrible first period. After the third giveaway in the first ten minutes you knew he was spent.

Horrible time management from old man HCock, but it's not like he has any other viable options.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
no, I didn't say that
I'm saying the reason for his fatigue is he's never played 47 games in his career
next year he should play 55+ games or so since he'll be more used to it because of this season
He's also going to be 31 years old this summer. Getting to a point where a lot of players start their downslide, not ramping things up.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
You might want to get your eyes checked.

Koskinen is 6'7 tall but plays really low, small, and gave up the ENTIRE right side. Not squared to the shooter and he's not even cheating on the forward to his right.

Dubnyk is another tall f***er that played like he was 3 foot 7 here. The goalie coach needs to be evaluated. Like put through the ringer from all angles regarding what he’s doing with these guys.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Dubnyk is another tall ****er that played like he was 3 foot 7 here. The goalie coach needs to be evaluated. Like put through the ringer from all angles regarding what he’s doing with these guys.

According to Barry Trotz when Nashville received Dubnyk from us he's quoted saying this: "We got Devan from Edmonton, and what we realized very quickly was that Devan has a lot of… I’ll say bad habits he’s picked up this year."

That falls on Frederic Chabot during his tenure as Dubnyk's ex-goalie coach.

Going through Google and finding some obvious things a goalie of his size should be doing and then I find this excerpt: "Burke reminded Dubnyk to rely on his size. Dubnyk is so tall and wide that if he squares himself to the puck, comes out of the net a little and lets the shooter make the first move, most shots simply hit him."

No shit Sherlock!

Not to be confused with current goalie coach Dustin Schwartz. But I do agree, he needs to be evaluated at season's end.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Why does Koski always have that bent back slouch? If he simply straightens out his back, or leans forward slightly he seals off the top of the net.
Agreed. I'm trying to support Koskinen, and I don't think he's nearly as bad as some posters are making him out to be. However, he does have a disturbing tendency to slouch. And worse, he seems to want to turn his body sideways in the net. When the puck is in the corner or behind the net he goes to his pads and gets into that sideways stance. Unfortunately when he comes back to his feet he still seems to be turned a bit. I think the goal you and other are talking about is a good example of how his positioning relative to the shot is not properly square. Still, it was a hell of a shot. ;)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
yes
cause unlike the goalies you mentioned...Koskinen has never played more than 41 games in a season...that was 3 seasons ago
no, I didn't say that
I'm saying the reason for his fatigue is he's never played 47 games in his career
next year he should play 55+ games or so since he'll be more used to it because of this season
First its 41, then its 47. :rolleyes: Either way I think you are probably wrong ... again. This poster, who I don't know from a hole in the ground, but I'm assuming is more informed than you, says Koskinen played 54 last season.
Koskinen played 54 games last season including play-offs and international games which all tie into the season in Eurasia.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Dubnyk is another tall ****er that played like he was 3 foot 7 here. The goalie coach needs to be evaluated. Like put through the ringer from all angles regarding what he’s doing with these guys.
Dustin Schwartz wasn't around when Dubnyk was here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad