Post-Game Talk: All I got was a lousy tshirt

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Every-time I see Koskinen play the more I shake my head. He is not a starter in the NHL

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I didn't watch the game but these goals are ****ing brutal. Who's available in the off season? Because we can't have these 2 to start next season. It feels like Dubnyk/LaBarbera/Scrivens/Bryzgalov timeline again.

If you think that first snipe was a brutal goal you are out to lunch.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
That was a bad goal. Koskinen lost his angle and is not facing the shooter. Koskinen has to play better. Stays too deep in the net has a bad glove and loses his angles all the time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Ridiculous. Why does Koski always have that bent back slouch? If he simply straightens out his back, or leans forward slightly he seals off the top of the net. Again this is why form matters and there is so much junk in Koski's form and fundamentals that was going to get exposed eventually at this level. Everybody is shooting high on him now and saying they will shoot high. Theres ample reasons for that.

Koski was going to be good until the NHL figured out not to just whack low shots into his pads. Anybody that can pick a spot can score on Koskinen. Theres a lot more snipers in the NHL than the KHL.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Are you joking? Hitchcock came in here full of bluster, shooting his mouth off that he knew what was wrong with the team and needed 8 or 9 games to fix it. What he’s accomplished is providing us with a lifeless team that looks worse now.

I'm not sure they look worse, it's just a talent problem. I think Hitch did fix some things, and the forechecking for awhile looked like a whole new team.

The scary part to me is that the team's philosophy is always at least 3-4 years behind the rest of the league.

Lets get big and strong when the rest of the league is going fast and skilled!

Lets look into real in-depth analytics....... in 2020. (while probably missing the boat on whatever new stuff the rest of the league is doing).

Edit: Meant to include that you're 100% right, he really did come in being very blunt that he knew the problems and how to fix them (which I actually thought was awesome). I just don't think the team has the bodies and skill necessary to fix those problems, even if they're listening and trying.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ridiculous. Why does Koski always have that bent back slouch? If he simply straightens out his back, or leans forward slightly he seals off the top of the net. Again this is why form matters and there is so much junk in Koski's form and fundamentals that was going to get exposed eventually at this level. Everybody is shooting high on him now and saying they will shoot high. Theres ample reasons for that.

Koski was going to be good until the NHL figured out not to just whack low shots into his pads. Anybody that can pick a spot can score on Koskinen. Theres a lot more snipers in the NHL than the KHL.
Anyone that can pick a spot can score on most NHL goalies. The thing is, picking a spot is hard to do in an NHL game when you are against adequate defense.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Coach agrees with you, see his post game comments below.

'We're running on fumes. We need to get home and see if we can get some rest. We're banged up and there's not much left of us. We just need to regroup and get ready for the homestand.'

'I applaud us for coming back in the game. Coming back hard in the second period. Mounting a big comeback, but the fifth goal really hurt us a lot.'
Funny how losing teams use excuses like fatigued and banged up. Other ones, like Arizona this year, just keep on playing and staying competitive despite a good chunk of the team on IR.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
That low angle shot was definitely a bad goal. Koskinen gave up the entire glove side by not squaring up to the shooter. Relatedly, the guy has never looked like a solid starter, let's all be honest.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yes, that is the point? because of the coaching change we know it wasn't just the coach but the lack of adequate support and talent on the roster that keeps us non competitive in games?
Players still need to show up no matter the coach and both coaches have a respected history. So, I'm not sure what your point is.
Nobody on here is putting 100 % of the blame on Hitch, as you have been asserting. But he sure as hell is not part of the solution. The game has passed him by.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Funny how losing teams use excuses like fatigued and banged up. Other ones, like Arizona this year, just keep on playing and staying competitive despite a good chunk of the team on IR.

The Oiler excuse last night was Running On Fumes - 3rd game in 4 nights.

Newsflash: It was the Blues 3rd game in 4 nights as well.

The Oilers are dysfunctional at management, coaching, drafting, developing and it’s NHL roster.

Dysfunctional organizations like dysfunctional people rely on excuses to get them to the next day and the next excuse.

The Oilers are the alcoholics of the NHL. The drunk uncle who never changes despite showing flashes of sobriety once or twice a year.

Reactions: RegDunlop

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The Oiler excuse last night was Running On Fumes - 3rd game in 4 nights.

Newsflash: It was the Blues 3rd game in 4 nights as well.

The Oilers are dysfunctional at management, coaching, drafting, developing and it’s NHL roster.

Dysfunctional organizations like dysfunctional people rely on excuses to get them to the next day and the next excuse.

The Oilers are the alcoholics of the NHL. The drunk uncle who never changes despite showing flashes of sobriety once or twice a year.

We just dont have the horses. We have 2 and then a bunch of ponies

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
On a positive note RNH hit 60 points for the first time . Maybe it is time to sell high on him . RNH for a roster winger and a big end prospect winger . Then go after Haula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad