All Encompassing Tyson Barrie Thread

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
And rising up the board lol. Was he a healthy scratch last night btw?

Still out until after the All Star Break with his broken hand.

FYI. Scoring increased and defence substantially improved. They’ve outscored opponents approx 3 to 1 during his absence. Won 10 and lost 1 and a Wildcard position. Statistically, Corsi numbers has shown Barrie’s defensive partners Zadorov and Nemeth play much better without him.

Coincidence? Barrie supporters always claimed the team is better with him. This was true in the past, but his defensive deficiencies outweigh his scoring potential.

Barrie is not worth more than $6.5M per, there is no chance he is willing with Newport to accept anything less than $7M.

You might disagree with my opinion, but TSN believes there is something and wouldn’t have included his name on their list of TDL players. I believe TSN than any of you. So go ahead and launch your personal attacks for expressing my opinion that seems to have some validity.

Reactions: New Scotlander

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Watching Girard carve his way through the neutral zone last night had me excited for how impressive the Avs will look when Barrie is healthy and doing it as well.

If the team keeps playing like they have been, we’re going to see Z-EJ taking heavy matchups, then teams having to deal with Barrie, and then teams having to deal with Girard.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence the Avs have improved with Barrie out, but not because they’re a better team without Barrie, but guys like Nemeth, Girard, and Zadorov are playing with more confidence from taking larger roles. If they can maintain that confidence and level of play with Barrie back, this team could become a lot to handle.

Barrie coming back will be like adding a 60 point defenceman at the trade deadline, for free, to a surging team.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I really really doubt that Barrie gets traded this season, if at all. There is absolutely no rush to move him off the roster. It may happen next season when the team has more of an idea on the prospects, but IMO this conversation is moot until then. I don't think Makar or Timmins will be on the NHL roster next season. We're finally in a spot where we don't have to rush defensive prospects. Heck, we're finally in a spot where we *have* defensive prospects.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
TMV suggested putting Barrie and Girard together when Barrie gets healthy and heavily sheltering them. I like the suggestion. Barrie has been spending far too much time in his own end this year and has been giving up a ridiculous amount of high danger chances. Girard is no defensive stud himself either. The thought of putting two of them together sounds scary from a defensive standpoint but there's ways you can shelter them enough to prevent too much damage from happening. you can obviously give high Ozone starts but you can also fashion their competiion. This would be major for both of them.
It also keeps Barbs and Nemeth together who have been solid.

I doubt it happens, but considering how well the team is playing I think simply swapping Barrie in for Lindholm is better for the team than mixing the entire D corp. Especially at first.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd like to see Z with Barrie at this juncture, they haven't ever really tried it. Girard with EJ works plus all the other guys can shift in there if they don't want to use Girard in certain situations. I agree, to ease the transition Lindholm should be replaced.

I will be really disappointed if Girard is not on PP1 however, it's been at like 30% since Girard was put there. And no it's not because he's left handed. It's that his talents match perfectly to be a pp QB, the agility, the hockey IQ, the passing ability he possesses. For fun I wouldn't mind Barrie and Girard on the same unit, that would really throw a different wrinkle out there.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I'll be pissed if Barrie replaces G on PP1.

As for those ES pairings, I just don't want to split up ZJ. A few weeks ago I'd say it because of Zadorov and his game but now it's because of EJ. He's been playing better than ever. Both of those monsters are growing from one another. Plus I don't really want Girard up against top competition.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I've looked everywhere but I can't tell if Barrie is back this week for sure. I see probable for the upcoming road trip. Anyone have any confirmation? Thanks

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I'll be pissed if Barrie replaces G on PP1.

As for those ES pairings, I just don't want to split up ZJ. A few weeks ago I'd say it because of Zadorov and his game but now it's because of EJ. He's been playing better than ever. Both of those monsters are growing from one another. Plus I don't really want Girard up against top competition.
It would be about finding Barrie a pairing that can have success. He's not great with Nemeth or Girard. EJ and Girard have been a good pairing and like I said trade him out for Nemeth or Barb or even Z on occasion in tough situations. I think Z is playing well enough he an elevate any pairing now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've looked everywhere but I can't tell if Barrie is back this week for sure. I see probable for the upcoming road trip. Anyone have any confirmation? Thanks
Nobody knows what day he's coming back. They said target was after ASB but he's practiced all week non contact. If I had to guess he could be possible by Thursday. I think tomorrow is a little early.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Still out until after the All Star Break with his broken hand.

FYI. Scoring increased and defence substantially improved. They’ve outscored opponents approx 3 to 1 during his absence. Won 10 and lost 1 and a Wildcard position. Statistically, Corsi numbers has shown Barrie’s defensive partners Zadorov and Nemeth play much better without him.

Coincidence? Barrie supporters always claimed the team is better with him. This was true in the past, but his defensive deficiencies outweigh his scoring potential.

Barrie is not worth more than $6.5M per, there is no chance he is willing with Newport to accept anything less than $7M.

You might disagree with my opinion, but TSN believes there is something and wouldn’t have included his name on their list of TDL players. I believe TSN than any of you. So go ahead and launch your personal attacks for expressing my opinion that seems to have some validity.
I'm with ya , Barrie's secondary assists and defensive deficiencies are a detriment overall. 23 mins a night with him makes the team worse overall.Barrie is about the 8th most valuable guy on the team in reality

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Wasn't Barrie-Nemeth the main go to pairing for those two before he got injured?

I believe it was Barrie with Zadorov early and later Nemeth.

Girard caused the changes as he partnered with EJ after the trade, dropping Zadorov to play with Barrie. After they dropped Girard to 3rd Line, Zadorov moved to the 1st line permanently and Nemeth was elevated and stayed with Barrie.

Interestingly, Corsi has rated both Zadorov and Nemeth plays better without Barrie. :popcorn:

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Just came here to say we can have fun and talk about potential deals in here or whether to keep him or not, but I see two clear truths in this situation:

1. The Avs WILL trade Tyson Barrie, due to the salary cap and his role being filled internally.
2. This trade won't occur until the 2019 off-season, or at earliest, the trade deadline that year. There is simply no reason to unless they get absolutely blown away with an offer.

So yeah, discuss potential deals or argue that we should keep him but all this talk is extremely premature and much will change league-wide before any of this comes to fruition. I mean, there's a good chance an expansion draft could happen before (or another reason) he is dealt. So everyone needs to calm down.
What if he comes back and plays lights out in the playoffs being one of the best dman in the playoffs?

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
TMV suggested putting Barrie and Girard together when Barrie gets healthy and heavily sheltering them. I like the suggestion. Barrie has been spending far too much time in his own end this year and has been giving up a ridiculous amount of high danger chances. Girard is no defensive stud himself either. The thought of putting two of them together sounds scary from a defensive standpoint but there's ways you can shelter them enough to prevent too much damage from happening. you can obviously give high Ozone starts but you can also fashion their competiion. This would be major for both of them.
It also keeps Barbs and Nemeth together who have been solid.

I doubt it happens, but considering how well the team is playing I think simply swapping Barrie in for Lindholm is better for the team than mixing the entire D corp. Especially at first.
They played together in Sweden but it was obvious how bad defensively he is .

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What if he comes back and plays lights out in the playoffs being one of the best dman in the playoffs?

This would a perfect end to his time with the AVs. Can he dominate without costing the game? Is he worth the $7M+ as some of speculated?

The decision to remain with the team is realistically between him and Newport. If he is unwilling to be reasonable, he will be moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad