Player Discussion All Encompassing Goaltending Megathread: Part II

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The funniest thing is most people in North America still consider Price an overall better goalie, I would say it is pretty darn close.

Hank is a living legend and a true warrior out there.

I love this setup comparing two of the greats side to side.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The funniest thing is most people in North America still consider Price an overall better goalie, I would say it is pretty darn close.

Hank is a living legend and a true warrior out there.

I love this setup comparing two of the greats side to side.
Hank's been better this series at least, because he basically always steps up in a higher gear. Price has had more questionable goals allowed and Hank has had to make the tougher saves. On the other hand, it's not Price's fault we leave him cold for long periods and that our team can't shoot and test him properly. :laugh:

I have to say though that I'm impressed with Price's technique. It's pretty obvious he's a top class goaltender. You see how sprawling Hank is in his style compared to Price, who just swallows every puck like a sponge. Very effective. People complain the old school kick saves are dead, well, Lundqvist with his hybrid style makes some pretty powerful kick saves every game.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Henrik Lundqvist - The Star in New York - Sportsnet Feature 2017

Another feature with a Rangers player as seen last night on Sportsnet. (Video via HWC)

youtu.be/uh3rsSdGxCQ

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
lol @ the worlds. loser tournament.

but if he wants to play more hockey to get the SC playoffs off his mind, go for it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

5:42 of the video. The last 12 seasons summed up. And people want to blame the guy who can't go past center ice!

(Tretiak's team was no throw away either!)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Interesting. Wonder if this means we will be seeing some version of the Liberty jerseys at the WC.

giphy.gif

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I don't like the new style pads with the weird printed graphics. I liked the old style when any type of picture really had to be stitched in.

Graphics aside for the moment, I don't like the look of flat-faced pads in general. I'm a knee-roll guy.

The graphics above--to me--scream kid's street hockey pads you'd find at Sports Authority. They also do not match--at all--the team's current jerseys.

Everyone has different tastes. I happen to like the conservative look of CCM's E Flex III series and Vaughn Velocity 7 XF (sometimes). To each his own.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Graphics aside for the moment, I don't like the look of flat-faced pads in general. I'm a knee-roll guy.

The graphics above--to me--scream kid's street hockey pads you'd find at Sports Authority. They also do not match--at all--the team's current jerseys.

Everyone has different tastes. I happen to like the conservative look of CCM's E Flex III series and Vaughn Velocity 7 XF (sometimes). To each his own.

I'm the same but these are an exception. I think these are well done and really the only way flat pads could be done well. With lots of HD detail and a knock down the walls theme. I liked the TPS pads a lot too though. I remember having an old pair that sported a mostly flat design, kind of like Hank's when he first came here. Also, Brian's has really good sewn on details and designs. (And comfy straps that don't give me rashes :laugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad