Player Discussion All Encompassing Goaltending Megathread: Part II

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
My favorite athlete ever. Please keep this run going.

Also get this damn man a Cup. 35 years old. When he first started playing I was an 11 year old clown. Now I'm a 22 year old clown. Time flies.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Will AV rest Lundqvist before the playoffs at all when they play teams like Carolina? Or does he tend to ride King?

The NYR have quite a few Back to back games in the next 5 weeks. I picked up Raanta in my fantasy league lol.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Will AV rest Lundqvist before the playoffs at all when they play teams like Carolina? Or does he tend to ride King?

The NYR have quite a few Back to back games in the next 5 weeks. I picked up Raanta in my fantasy league lol.

I'd say he plays 13 of the last 18. We still have 5 back to backs.

Last edited:

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden

I thought we have learned that Hank shouldn't be rested too much because he'll just loose his form when he's not playing.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Henrik had some miss reads on some of the goals last night - I'm glad this was not playoffs, because the whole team struggle at the moment.
However good teams are suppose to be good when it matter most, and that is playoffs, and not early March month though.
And Islanders are still 13 points behind us with two less games, but if we continue to perform like this we might not even reach playoffs.

And would AV coach NY another season if he fail to reach playoffs or with another early exit?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I thought we have learned that Hank shouldn't be rested too much because he'll just loose his form when he's not playing.

Playing him too much in the reg season isn't going to get us the cup either. Lundqvist should play between 50-55 games a season from now on.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Just want to post this here because it's so ridiculous, it's Coles formula for expected goals vs actual goals since 07.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
It's a joke of an award anyway. Let the Devils' fans obsess over Marty's hardware. When all is said and done and metrics are refined for the sport people will look back and see how dominant and important to the Rangers success this guy actually was for over a decade. They'll also see what a farce the defense was and it is criminal they have ever gotten one shred of credit for the work of Henrik Lundqvist.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
It's a joke of an award anyway. Let the Devils' fans obsess over Marty's hardware. When all is said and done and metrics are refined for the sport people will look back and see how dominant and important to the Rangers success this guy actually was for over a decade. They'll also see what a farce the defense was and it is criminal they have ever gotten one shred of credit for the work of Henrik Lundqvist.

Agitates me to no end though. Brilliant goalie with a brilliant NHL career and he has a single Vezina to show for it. The gold medal does help.

Random thought but, I will never forget Game 2 against Washington in 2013. He DRAGGED that team into OT. We lost :laugh:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It just pains me that this team seldom can be good enough to secure a safe, solid playoff win. Hank always has to be excellent or second to none. Almost every game ends in cardiac arrest as a fan, regardless of the outcome.

Alot of it has to do with Vigneault refusing to play hockey for the entire 3rd if the team has as much as a one goal lead. Heck, they're not even trying to counterattack, they just dump the puck, change lines and let the opponents continue to attack. And when Torts coached the team, they weren't good enough for much else than play panic hockey.

So far Hank has at least matched Price and then some. Having just a 1-1 from that feels bad.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Code:
It just pains me that this team seldom can be good enough to secure a safe, solid playoff win. Hank always has to be excellent or second to none. Almost every game ends in cardiac arrest as a fan, regardless of the outcome.

Alot of it has to do with Vigneault refusing to play hockey for the entire 3rd if the team has as much as a one goal lead. Heck, they're not even trying to counterattack, they just dump the puck, change lines and let the opponents continue to attack. And when Torts coached the team, they weren't good enough for much else than play panic hockey.

So far Hank has at least matched Price and then some. Having just a 1-1 from that feels bad.

I can't believe I continue to see this silly argument season after season. Do you really think the strategy was to turtle in the third? Or maybe, just maybe, a massive push from a beyond desperate team was the reason Montreal carried play. Sometimes it's the other teams oerformance ya know.

But to push a narrative that the Rangers are being told not to play offense is really really dumb. And it gets pushed every time the Rangers get out played. Hockey, especially playoff hockey, is a game of momentum and more often times than not the momentum swings to the more desperate team. I cannot believe there's people who have watched hockey for years and still believe some half-baked thought that the Rangers are willingly shooting themselves in the foot

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agitates me to no end though. Brilliant goalie with a brilliant NHL career and he has a single Vezina to show for it. The gold medal does help.

Random thought but, I will never forget Game 2 against Washington in 2013. He DRAGGED that team into OT. We lost :laugh:

Yeah, same thing happened in the Drury game against Buffalo. That was one of the best games I've ever seen from him. Then they give up a goal with 7 seconds left and lose in OT.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Code:

I can't believe I continue to see this silly argument season after season. Do you really think the strategy was to turtle in the third? Or maybe, just maybe, a massive push from a beyond desperate team was the reason Montreal carried play. Sometimes it's the other teams oerformance ya know.

But to push a narrative that the Rangers are being told not to play offense is really really dumb. And it gets pushed every time the Rangers get out played. Hockey, especially playoff hockey, is a game of momentum and more often times than not the momentum swings to the more desperate team. I cannot believe there's people who have watched hockey for years and still believe some half-baked thought that the Rangers are willingly shooting themselves in the foot

Of course it's part of AV's strategy. The Rangers give up more shot attempts when leading than almost every team in the league. How can you possibly watch AV teams do this year after year and not realize he completely pulls back the forecheck when leading? It's by design and the only reason it works as much as it does is because Lundqvist is a god.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad