Player Discussion All Encompassing Goaltending Megathread: Part II

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
It's not a secret that the team usually plays some Benny Hill hockey in october either. And usually quite lackluster hockey in november, while falling back to bad hockey in december. It's usually in january onwards they actually start to look like a legit team. The number of bad games from the skaters have outweighed the good games in the first half of the season, as usual.

They've had one good stretch this season. That's it.
Hank was still the best player thru all the losses this year, being left out to dry big time...not sure why some would say HE didn't have a good October.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yup, well deserved by Hank. What I don't like is that he's keeping this team in "contention", they should be in contention for Dahlin. Finishing like 16th-20th isn't going to do this team much good.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yup, well deserved by Hank. What I don't like is that he's keeping this team in "contention", they should be in contention for Dahlin. Finishing like 16th-20th isn't going to do this team much good.
Something something die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Hank is trending to hurting the team long-term, not helping.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This team isn't a contender. Its nice that Hank's playing well, but he's actually screwed the team over long-term because he's playing well.

We'll probably also be buyers at the deadline, and maybe not even make the playoffs.

How can you sit there with a straight face and say Hank has screwed the team over long-term, doing what his actual job description is; stopping pucks?

I mean, how does one actually think this way?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He's great, he's gonna win us a cup
He's great, but it's his fault we didn't win because you need a great C not goalie
He sucks, he's the reason we aren't going to win the cup
He's great, he's the reason we don't suck enough

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How can you sit there with a straight face and say Hank has screwed the team over long-term, doing what his actual job description is; stopping pucks?

There is some merit to that, although I wont hyperbolize by saying its the difference between contention and "competing" for Dahlin.

But it could be the difference maker in terms of management kowtowing towards the "anything can happen in the playoffs on the back of Lundqvist" angle that, IMO, is wishful thinking no matter how well Lundqvist plays.

Its not a personal shot at Lundqvist for doing his job. What hes done this season is amazing. I think the point is it would've been easier to admit that everything else is pretty f***ed up without Lundqvist masking it every game.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They will try all they can to reach the playoffs as usual, and it does not matter if some of us do like it or not, because that`s the team and franchis`s main goal. And Jeff G. will be buyers for sure if they qualify for another playoffs run - maybe Chytil, DeAngelo, or Lias is moved for a guy like Patch on the left side who knows. I`m just speculating, but with Kreider out long term base on his injury, and Ryan Mc. still struggle this year it`ll be very hard to reach playoffs.

I`ve us just outside the wildcard spot before beginning of this season based on lack of depth after last year summer window - so we might end up racing for Rasmus Dahlin this summer 2018 and AV will probably be gone end of the season if we somehow fail to reach our goal which is playoffs for sure.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I am pretty sure in saying that they're not trading Anderson and or Chytil even by accident unless the pieces coming back are in the form of some ridiculous overpayment. Which means it's not happening for Max Pax, no f***ing way.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why not, Patch is playing for Canadian national team and won gold medals the recent years, and those youngsters won`t help this team to win a cup this year in 2018. And if I remember correctly our president moved A. Duclair earlier for similar reason even though Glen Sather is not his job, but he still has a a major role in this franchise as a president. And he usually likes to gamble to try to get that cup before he retire! :)

edit; I doubt any of this will happen though - just a scenario both Chytil & Lias is more likely Rangers next year training camp!

At least that`s my wish. ;)

*And patch had 0 goals against us last year playoffs! :D

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why not, Patch is playing for Canadian national team and won gold medals the recent years, and those youngsters won`t help this team to win a cup this year in 2018. And if I remember correctly our president moved A. Duclair earlier for similar reason even though Glen Sather is not his job, but he still has a a major role in this franchise as a president. And he usually likes to gamble to try to get that cup before he retire! :)

edit; I doubt any of this will happen though - just a scenario both Chytil & Lias is more likely Rangers next year training camp!

At least that`s my wish. ;)

*And patch had 0 goals against us last year playoffs! :D
Pacioretty is American, not Canadian.

Lias and Chytil are not getting traded.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes thanks for correcting me he is from US indeed, but my point still stand and some GM`s thinks like that - not saying that Gorton will do this, but Patch is a very good player in NHL And young prospects future is highly unknown until they have played some seasons in NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Why are you taking it so personally? Its not like I'm showing such anger, I'm only pointing out that his play probably doesn't actually help the team long-term. Its not his fault his teammates suck, but for the direction of the team, its probably best that they all suck than one guy drags them close to the playoffs.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Nevesis go post a bunch of nonsense reasons why Buchnevich deserved to get benched and then sit back and, "ask why so angry? It wasn't personal". You know, use my occupation like it was used against you.

Reactions: JohnC

culex

Oct 23, 2016
He's great, he's gonna win us a cup
He's great, but it's his fault we didn't win because you need a great C not goalie
He sucks, he's the reason we aren't going to win the cup
He's great, he's the reason we don't suck enough

This actually breaks my heart. I feel like we've failed him so badly.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Was just watching a current interview with Bryzgalov. He was asked who the most intimidating goaltender that he ever faced off against was. His answer? Henrik Lundqvist. One more reason to love the Rocket Man.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This is why a closed, artificial sports business is so utterly ridiculous in itself. In competitive sports, where you actually run the risk of being demoted, you would never see comments like this. You know, in leagues where the owners of one league can't line up all the talent in the world and choose from it in turns, like it's a frigging smorgasbord, for a ridiculously cheap price.

The NHL has sucked up the best talent for decades and decades because they can throw the most money on the players - while constantly giving the finger to the other clubs and the actual sport in itself. Because it's a sports corporation, not a sports league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->