All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
As free-agency opens we should be cheering for the teams in the east, particularly the teams in the Metro, to add some good players. Washington and Philly already look like they’re going to be good, the Islanders are bound to have a decent team, the Hurricanes are a good team that hopefully signs a good goalie to make them a contender. Hopefully NYR and CBJ can add some good players. I don’t envision Pitts pick being top 5, but I think there’s real lottery potential with it.

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

The blue-jays will actually be kinda nice with it next year. Especially if they add Hall. #HallToTheMetro #RossiWatch

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Penguins Depth Chart:
Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Jankowski-Rosrigues
Tanev-Bluegger-Lafferty

Doumilin-Letang
Petterson-Marino
Matheson-Ruhwedel

Jarry
DeSmith

Not very deep. Injuries could make this team very bad

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
3 years after the Blackhawks last Stanley cup they started to suck and be a lottery team.

Pittsburgh is now going to be 4 years away from their last Stanley cup win... They are due to suck now. :DD

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They can only be so bad with Malkin and Crosby playing. Only way they are really bad is if one, or both are injured for long stretches.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
They can only be so bad with Malkin and Crosby playing. Only way they are really bad is if one, or both are injured for long stretches.
True, however the same could've been said for Kane and Toews. Plus Crosby and Malkin are older than them both. I'd say Pitt has the better Duo in the end though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can see them finishing out of the playoffs because the Met is so good. NYI might not be as good as last year, but are a very tough beat. NYR with a broken in Kakko, Laffy, Zibanejad and Panarin should be improved. CBJ should be at least as good, if not better, and I'm not sure that they are finished adding players. PHI should be above average. CAR will be a Cup contender. WAS seems to be heading downhill, but still have some good players, and are always going to give PIT a good game. Even NJD will be better, though their best days are in the future.

I don't know that I would bet on PIT being a top 5 in the Metro, though I also wouldn't want to bet against Crosby.

This is all assuming that the Metro gets 5 of the eight playoff spots. If MTL, BUF , or both go on a run, then it gets more difficult for PIT. You have to think that TBL, BOS, and TOR are the top 3?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
East: Tampa, Toronto, Washington, Boston, Rangers, Carolina, Islanders, Florida

West: Colorado, St. Louis, Vegas, Edmonton, Dallas, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Minnesota

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Until Tampa Bay sheds cap and resigns their rfas i wouldn't count them as a lock for a top spot.

They have less than 2 months to do this and they are already in panick mode cause they completely over estimated they could move these contracts that they can't.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Until Tampa Bay sheds cap and resigns their rfas i wouldn't count them as a lock for a top spot.

They have less than 2 months to do this and they are already in panick mode cause they completely over estimated they could move these contracts that they can't.
I didn't rank them

Reactions: grN1g

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
BOS might be a bit iffy. Chara(?) and Krug gone. What's up with Rask? Marchand and Pastrnak out for significant time. Bergeron and Krecji one year older. No hotshot prospect coming up that i am aware of, with Studnicka being their best hope.

Last edited:

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Our best bet is Pitt losing just enough games to become lottery eligible.

The league will hook em up with the first overall in the first round. With all for stress of the last two seasons the NHL has totally forgotten Pitt doesn't actually own their first round pick.

And the Wild

behind a career year from Dumba, Fiala

And outstanding rookie campaigns from Kaprizov and Rossi

Along with players like Greenway and Ek developing into solid star players

Just won their first Stanley Cup in franchise history.

Wild own the first and last pick of the first round.

The first pick is a total bust that plays a total of 52 NHL games before going to the KHL to live out his days.

While the last pick of the draft ends up becoming the next drafted Wild hall of gamer.

Wild go on to win 12 Stanley Cups over the course of the next 15 years.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see any great teams in their division. BOS has injury and age problems. WAS is getting older, not better. NYI are a tough beat, but they are not a great team. PHA will be a good team at least, but have proven nothing. BUF and NJD have been crap. NYR should be really good offensively, but their D ...not so much. If Guentzel gets his game back and Zucker plays well then they've got as chance to finish in the top 3, easily.

We've got some bad teams in our division, but TBL are the best in the league, and CAR is ready to be a top tier team. CBJ was devastated by injuries last year, and still did their thing in the playoffs. I think they are as good as NYI, if not better. If they stay healthy this year they will be very tough to beat.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't see any great teams in their division. BOS has injury and age problems. WAS is getting older, not better. NYI are a tough beat, but they are not a great team. PHA will be a good team at least, but have proven nothing. BUF and NJD have been crap. NYR should be really good offensively, but their D ...not so much. If Guentzel gets his game back and Zucker plays well then they've got as chance to finish in the top 3, easily.

We've got some bad teams in our division, but TBL are the best in the league, and CAR is ready to be a top tier team. CBJ was devastated by injuries last year, and still did their thing in the playoffs. I think they are as good as NYI, if not better. If they stay healthy this year they will be very tough to beat.

As a Pens fan I prefer the division we are in over the central tbh.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad