All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Hornqvist might've saved the Pens if he declines to waive.
Not sure how this trade even gets announced from reporters if Hornqvist had yet to waive his NTC.

If Rutherford tried moving Hornqvist without realizing he had an NTC.....YIKES.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not sure how this trade even gets announced from reporters if Hornqvist had yet to waive his NTC.

If Rutherford tried moving Hornqvist without realizing he had an NTC.....YIKES.

Or the reporters jumped the gun and reported a trade that is being structured and Rutheford has had discussions with Florida about the trade, the reporters thought it was a trade and reported it as such.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
They maybe thinking that Kapanen will take over for Hornqvist at a cheaper cost since Hornqvist has a cap hit of 5.3 million and is starting to decline.

As it stands, they have a ton of middling forwards, Hornqvist being one of them. Not idea why they are trading for Matheson as they have Dumoulin, Petterson and Johnson on the left and Letang, Marino, Schultz on the right, but something may be giving.

Matheson is bad, but he was a former 1st round pick - so who knows?

This is how Cam Barker played for two more teams after the Wild.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This is how Cam Barker played for two more teams after the Wild.

Cam Barker's issue was that he was drafted before the lockout and the rules changed. If I remember correctly, Barker could have been useful in the old NHL, but struggled to adapt. Pittsburgh also has had some success with developing young defensemen like Schultz and Marino.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A bit over-aggressive in hating Pittsburgh I guess. When I was a kid I was a fan of Willie Stargell and Dave Parker so I guess I need to take it back.

I mean I'm not saying you can't hate the Pirates, by all means, I was just wondering how :laugh:

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
A bit over-aggressive in hating Pittsburgh I guess. When I was a kid I was a fan of Willie Stargell and Dave Parker so I guess I need to take it back.
Willie Stargell was the shit. I saw the Pirates at the Hall of Fame game in Cooperstown in 1980. He led the entire right field bleachers in pregame calisthenics to "We are Family" by Sister Sledge. Those old Pirates teams had style. People can trash the Pens all they want but leave the Pirates out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dickie Dunn

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I kinda hope next season has some-sort of bubble component because Pittsburgh was so disengaged in the bubble. Just increases the odds that they fall off a cliff.

Reactions: violaswallet

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
4hejk5.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad