All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Looks like Dom Luszczyszyn’s (numbers guy with the Athletic) model shows the Penguins will still be a pretty good team, FWIW.

Has them at 80% chance of making playoffs, 44% chance to the division final, 23% to the final 4, and 13% to make the finals.

Undoubtedly. However, the percentage of Crosby/Malkin/Letang being healthy for that to happen throws it into wack.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Here's to big pts years but lots of losses for Malkin, Crosby and Rust! That defense and goalie tandem is sus!

I got all 3 in my fantasy draft lol, mine as well go get guetz and Letang and finish the pp line.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hard to tell where Pittsburgh stacks up against other teams. I think there's an argument that the only team that has a worse lineup than them in the east is Jersey. Given the unpredictability of this season, there really is an opportunity to get a high pick from them. Look at some of these lineups

Philly- outrageous
Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny
Giroux-Hayes-Farabee
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-kubel

Provorov-Braun
Sanhiem-Myers
Hagg-Gustafsson

Hart

Boston- Ew
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

Grzelyck-McAvoy
Luazon-Carlo
Moore-Clifton

Rask

Rangers- Playoff team I think
Krieder-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemieux-Rooney-Howden

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Johnson-Smith

Sherserkin

The defense could use some work, it's probably middle of the league, but I think Shesterkin is the real deal. Top 10 offense and top 10 goaltending with shesterkin.

Capitals- Similar to Pitt, but deeper
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie
Vrana-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Panik-Eller-Sprong
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Orlov-Carlso
Dillion-Schultz
Chara-Jensen

Samsonov

Buffalo- Arguably deeper than Pitt, Ulmark will need to be good
Hall-Eichel-Thompson
Oloffson-Staal-Reinhart
Skinner-Sheahan-Cozens
Reider-Eakin-Okposo

McCabe-Risto
Dahlin-Montour
Miller-Jokiharu

Pittsburgh- For comparison, I don't think their bottom 6 matches up well against any of the other teams, and I think their defense is possibly the worst, especially when one considers Letang's inevitable injury

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Jankowski-Tanev
Lafferty-Blueger-Sceviour

Doumilin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Ceci

Jarry

Jarry will need to be really good. I think the team will still score, but the bottom 6 will be a liability

Islanders- Deep and Structured
Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Dal Colle-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Ladd-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Pelech-Pulock
Leddy-Mayfield
Hickey--Dobson

Reactions: Miro4Norris

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
It’s funny, comparing when I was rooting for teams last year for the tank, It was like Christmas when 2 teams I want to do well are playing each other because somebody has to win and they could both get points. That’s the case with every game in the East. Somebody will always be getting points. In every game.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Go Flyers!

Crazy to think that we'll have REAL NHL hockey back on in just a few hours.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Going to be very tough for me to root for the Flyers, even though they are now the kindler, gentler, non psycho Flyers.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Wow, haven’t watched but is Jarry bad?
No. He’s been fine. Matheson, on the other hand, has confirmed my suspicion that he’s the worst player I the league. Won’t be in the lineup for long if he keeps playing like this. Has had a hand in all three goals and is locked up for 5 more years.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad