All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I have a good feeling Pittsburgh is going to stumble hard next year. Rutherford is desperate. Desperate people make dumb mistakes(see: today) and Crosby/Malkin can only carry them so far.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If they trade Jarry and roll with Murray I’ll really start to believe but I’m not there yet. However, if somehow Malkin and Frosby go down at the same time, this year could go south for them real quick.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ultimately Pittsburgh's fate still comes down to how healthy the core guys stay. If Malkin's elbow surgery is as effective as Parise's back surgery was Rutherford's changes to the supporting cast probably don't matter a ton. If not...

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’m hoping Lehner goes to Carolina and Pietrangelo signs in the Metro to further boost that division

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Watching fans of other teams talk about trying to get Pittsburgh’s 2021 first from them unaware that we already have it invokes the same feeing as when you’re talking to a girl and nobody knows it and a bunch of guys talk about trying to get with her.

Reactions: HotDish and Bazeek

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Watching fans of other teams talk about trying to get Pittsburgh’s 2021 first from them unaware that we already have it invokes the same feeing as when you’re talking to a girl and nobody knows it and a bunch of guys talk about trying to get with her.
I saw a conversation on armchair gm earlier today like that.

someone said they would do the trade for Pitt’s 2021 unprotected first and the op responded with they would be fine with that.

I was half tempted to reply with how about you guys try that out?

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I saw a conversation on armchair gm earlier today like that.

someone said they would do the trade for Pitt’s 2021 unprotected first and the op responded with they would be fine with that.

I was half tempted to reply with how about you guys try that out?
I always do. 2020 is the year of raising awareness of Minnesota having Pittsburgh’s 1st

Reactions: TaLoN

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Anyone know what the Pittsburgh forward lines look like with Kapanen? I feel like they have a bunch of cloned wings just like him and then Guentzel...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone know what the Pittsburgh forward lines look like with Kapanen? I feel like they have a bunch of cloned wings just like him and then Guentzel...

I would guess it's like

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust

Then maybe like a McCann-Hornqvist thing if they sign McCann

AstonReese-Blueger-Tanev

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Feels like they could have done a lot better on the wings for what they gave up for Zucker and Kapanen. And I like Zucker a lot.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't think this deal is horrible for Pittsburgh since they needed defensive help, but Matheson is not the defenseman I'd replace Hornqvist's cap with. $4.9M committed to Matheson until 25-26 is bad.
If they were looking for defensive help, I'm not sure how acquiring a player that is terrible at defense helps all that much...

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't think this deal is horrible for Pittsburgh since they needed defensive help, but Matheson is not the defenseman I'd replace Hornqvist's cap with. $4.9M committed to Matheson until 25-26 is bad.
They just traded a 2nd line winger who paced for 50 points this year for another Jack Johnson but with 6 years this time

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
They just traded a 2nd line winger who paced for 50 points this year for another Jack Johnson but with 6 years this time

They maybe thinking that Kapanen will take over for Hornqvist at a cheaper cost since Hornqvist has a cap hit of 5.3 million and is starting to decline.

As it stands, they have a ton of middling forwards, Hornqvist being one of them. Not idea why they are trading for Matheson as they have Dumoulin, Petterson and Johnson on the left and Letang, Marino, Schultz on the right, but something may be giving.

Matheson is bad, but he was a former 1st round pick - so who knows?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Matheson has good tools...i wonder if having to play on a team where defense is an afterthought just beat him down?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->