All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Next game vs Islanders is big. Would really push Pittsburgh down if they lose this one. Isles would be 3 points up for final playoff spot. That’s a big swing for a single game

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hextall the new GM? :( He might be kind to children and animals, and a great guy in person, but when he was playing he was one of the craziest Mofo's I've ever seen, right up there with Reggie Fleming, John Kordic, and the like.

I'm kind of afraid that he will scare PIT into playing better.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
i found that interesting to see brian burke as president of operations.... he definately has a legacy that could help us.
Interesting thing about Burke, but on Hockey central he mentioned after Fenton was hired that his dream GM job was Minnesota. He also said he wasn't interested in working again though. :laugh:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Interesting thing about Burke, but on Hockey central he mentioned after Fenton was hired that his dream GM job was Minnesota. He also said he wasn't interested in working again though. :laugh:
Wasn't he from Edina?

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
Anyone else having a bit of buyer’s remorse as we witness the beginning of the Hextall era in Pittsburgh while we’re still trying to figure out what exactly it is Billy thinks he’s doing here?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Anyone else having a bit of buyer’s remorse as we witness the beginning of the Hextall era in Pittsburgh while we’re still trying to figure out what exactly it is Billy thinks he’s doing here?
I wanted Hextall but I can’t say I’m mad with the progress Guerin has made. He’s brought in a guy that is one of the best directors of Scouting in the world and that’s sure to help find success. Whether Billy’s other moves are good enough to keep him here to see that success remains to be seen. I don’t love his signings, but Addison + Luke Hughes is a pretty good package for Zucker.

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
I wanted Hextall but I can’t say I’m mad with the progress Guerin has made. He’s brought in a guy that is one of the best directors of Scouting in the world and that’s sure to help find success. Whether Billy’s other moves are good enough to keep him here to see that success remains to be seen. I don’t love his signings, but Addison + Luke Hughes is a pretty good package for Zucker.
I can’t argue with that. Brackett is a huge get.

I see an outline of his vision, and I’m on board—so long as he turns these pending UFAs into draft capital. If he doesn’t—and I do wonder how realistic it is to flog four rostered players for picks, with AHL talent filling the gaps for the remainder of the season—I’m not sure I see a coherent or defined strategy.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Brian Burke said this in November, so, unless he lied in the interview, let’s get prepared for a re-tool. Give. Us. A. Top 10. Pick.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brian Burke said this in November, so, unless he lied in the interview, let’s get prepared for a re-tool. Give. Us. A. Top 10. Pick.

But Burke isn't the GM. I think he is there as a middleman between Hextall and the ownership, as there was a perception that Rutherford didn't get on with the (CEO, President?) that they have there now, and that Rutherford quit because of that. Hextall is apparently not good with explaining himself or his moves. Burke will help with that.

I don't see PIT being able to do too much as long as they keep Malkin and Sid. Both have NMC's, but I could see Malkin being willing to move on to a contender if it becomes clear to him that they are going for a rebuild. Crosby...never.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad