All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I can't remember what show it was this AM on my drive in listening to NHL Network radio, but they were talking about the Pens situation and said that from what Burke has said already (it was some sports writer from Pitt) that their focus is 2021-2022 season and how they can get younger, and they have a different identity they want the team to take on. So he thought they would look to acquire prospects and picks and fast track the dynamic kind of like Hextall did in Philly and that is the blueprint they want to use. They would play this year out and focus on next.. so who knows, a few more losses to push them out and things could get wild.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Imagine how badly he would have overpaid Granlund

i dont think he wouldve resigned him tbh, doesnt really fit the "guerin type"

I can't remember what show it was this AM on my drive in listening to NHL Network radio, but they were talking about the Pens situation and said that from what Burke has said already (it was some sports writer from Pitt) that their focus is 2021-2022 season and how they can get younger, and they have a different identity they want the team to take on. So he thought they would look to acquire prospects and picks and fast track the dynamic kind of like Hextall did in Philly and that is the blueprint they want to use. They would play this year out and focus on next.. so who knows, a few more losses to push them out and things could get wild.

Wonder if burke knows they dont have any picks :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: StateofCelly

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That Hornquist trade must be frustrating for them.

You'd have to think about trading Foligno for a 2022 1st, IMO, but I bet that Guerin wouldn't do it. Also, won't Hextall be the guy to do the trades, not Burke?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That Hornquist trade must be frustrating for them.

You'd have to think about trading Foligno for a 2022 1st, IMO, but I bet that Guerin wouldn't do it. Also, won't Hextall be the guy to do the trades, not Burke?
Anyone that would have to think about that from the Wild's perspective, has no business getting paid to be involved with hockey.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually thought he played decently, but he and Malkin just don't seem to be on the same page. Oh, and Malkin is not looking good.
Right now, Zucker looks like a good checking line forward.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Pretty good night as the caps, Islanders, and devils (not yet, but up 4-2 late in 3rd), all teams fighting with Pittsburgh for a playoff spot, get points. Pittsburgh does not.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Am I crazy, or does Matheson have a chance to be be Schultz 2.0? The man can skate and handle the puck... just needs to stop doing dumb shit. Schultz was a mess when he first came to PIT, wasn't he?

Reactions: Gurglesons

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Am I crazy, or does Matheson have a chance to be be Schultz 2.0? The man can skate and handle the puck... just needs to stop doing dumb shit. Schultz was a mess when he first came to PIT, wasn't he?
He does, he’s always been gifted offensively but his D game was always horrendous. He went the college route partly to take time on that aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad