Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They have had all season to look at a team with significant holes that isn't good enough to compete and they need another 4 games for Sweeney to figure this out? Not doubting you just amazed at how inept and afraid to make moves Sweeney is. Unless he is seeing if they lose all 4 games and he decides to sell there is no reason to wait to make a move that has been needed since August.

His prospects (Donato, Heinen, Bjork) all failed to meet expectations and he failed to have a back up plan because he is a genius and knows more than everybody (see Senyshyn/Barzal). Time for him to do something or Neely/Jacobs jr to fire him and bring in somebody who will.

Your world sounds like a harsh and unfriendly place to live. Might be time to lighten up a little and open the shades?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I-want-to-believe-X-Files-UFO.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Glad I didn't miss anything while dealing with morons on my morning commute.

So where is my Jimmy Murphy Fan Club membership pack?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So, there's been a lot of chatter about a certain player and most of you are getting excited. I know everyone want's names, but....

There was an offer made. I will call them Team Y. and it goes like this:

Team Y offered: Player A + Player B + C (a pick)

Said team did not make a counter offer but requested a prospect instead of C

Team Y countered with: Player A + Player B + Player D

Said responded with two different counter offers:

Player A + Player B + Player E + F (a pick)

OR

Player A + Player G

To look at it in a different way (and this is just my opinion on values) If said player is worth 50 cents:

Offer 1 = 2 quarters and a nickel

Offer 2 = 2 quarters and 10 cents

Offer 3 = 2 quarters + 15 cents + a penny

Offer 4 = a quarter + 40 cents

And this is why I never mention names. It has, in 72 hours, been completely different from the original. The only constant is that Player A is in every offer/counter offer.

It's the way negotiations work. If you've never been in one, you will. Either buying a house, a car, or a pawn shop, all negotiations are the same. It takes give-and-take from both sides. And the fact that there is that from both sides means that they are trying to make a deal. Nothing has been indicated to me that any possible deal is dead as of this morning. Doesn't mean it will happen, but the sides are trying, and that's all you can ask for. I know the world has a fast food mentality and wants things to happen right now. But these things can take weeks. It's just the way it is.

On a different note, it's hit twitter. My friend of over 30 years asked me what my involvement was in that. And my involvement was nothing. In fact, I won't even say what team is involved. Unfortunately, it's cause a bit of a strain on that friendship.

In the end, we'll all have an answer. Obviously, if it happens we'll know. But even if it doesn't, these things have a way of coming out as well.

Apparently some other media members have now picked up on it, saying they were close to a deal, but it's now dead. I wouldn't say it's dead.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
So, there's been a lot of chatter about a certain player and most of you are getting excited. I know everyone want's names, but....

OR

Player A + Player G

To look at it in a different way (and this is just my opinion on values) If said player is worth 50 cents:

And this is why I never mention names. It has, in 72 hours, been completely different from the original. The only constant is that Player A is in every offer/counter offer.

It's the way negotiations work. If you've never been in one, you will. Either buying a house, a car, or a pawn shop, all negotiations are the same. It takes give-and-take from both sides. And the fact that there is that from both sides means that they are trying to make a deal. Nothing has been indicated to me that any possible deal is dead as of this morning. Doesn't mean it will happen, but the sides are trying, and that's all you can ask for. I know the world has a fast food mentality and wants things to happen right now. But these things can take weeks. It's just the way it is.

On a different note, it's hit twitter. My friend of over 30 years asked me what my involvement was in that. And my involvement was nothing. In fact, I won't even say what team is involved. Unfortunately, it's cause a bit of a strain on that friendship.

In the end, we'll all have an answer. Obviously, if it happens we'll know. But even if it doesn't, these things have a way of coming out as well.

Apparently some other media members have now picked up on it, saying they were close to a deal, but it's now dead. I wouldn't say it's dead.

You are the man, Dom. Thanks for the update

Reactions: maxl7

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Player A = 25 cents
Player B = 25 cents
Pick C = 5 cents
Player D = 10 cents
Player E = 15 cents
Pick F = 1 cent
Player G = 40 cents.

I'll assume Players A and B are non-waiver exempt roster players...
Picks C and F are 5th and 7th rounders perhaps?
Get deciphering people.....:popcorn:

Reactions: HustleB

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Player A = 25 cents
Player B = 25 cents
Pick C = 5 cents
Player D = 10 cents
Player E = 15 cents
Pick F = 1 cent
Player G = 40 cents.

I'll assume Players A and B are non-waiver exempt roster players...
Picks C and F are 5th and 7th rounders perhaps?
Get deciphering people.....:popcorn:

Player A = Heinen
Player B = Bjork
Pick C = 3rd Rounder
Player D = Prov Roster Player (Unsure)
Player E = Prov Roster Player (Unsure)
Pick F = 4th Rounder
Player G = Gryz/Frederic(?)

Reactions: Strafer

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

OR

Player A + Player G

If this is the case, they can have Player P (Piss off) :laugh:

Thanks for the update Dom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad