Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
If Kovy only costs 1million I see no reason not to take a risk on him.

Miro Satan’s career was done and came in and had great few months playing with Krejci.

Mark Recchi was waived the season he ended up with bruins.

I can see Kovalchuk as a similar addition. I think he would be great playing with Krejci.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kovalchuk
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen

I understand the comparison you are making but no one would ever compare Rrecchi to Kovalchuk. Recchi was a legit top flight competitor, something Kovalchuk has always lacked.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My love for Anderson aside

Palmeiri makes a lot of sense as well and if I’m NJ GM I’m dealing him

huh? Wha?

Well he’s a UFA after next season

he turns 29 in 50 days

he would be a UFA at age 30 a dangerous age to give the multi year contract to for the money he wants

he’s on a very affordable deal most teams can get

he’s good to very good and may be considered so underrated he’s overrated

I would definitely look into him

I’d be weary of giving up my top 5 prospects because he’s likely this contract and done

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For $1 mil I'd take a chance on Kovy. What if though, you played him with Bergy & Marchy.

Marchand - Bergeron - Kovalchuk
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
In his 81 games in LA, Kovalchuk had 19 goals, 43 points, 38 hits and 24 takeaways.

Pretty good for someone disinterested.

That would be a career year for most of the fodder Krejci has played with the last three years.
Any of that fodder had their contract voided, the team eating close to $10M after exiling them a month into the season, just so the fodder will never play for the team again?

A lot of nights, they were playing the dude close to 20 minutes, something that will never, ever happen if he's playing for a coach who is trying to win games. You throw a rolled up carpet on the ice for 20 minutes, it stands a decent change of registering a hit, a takeaway or an assist. Someone has to score on a lousy team.

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
For $1 mil I'd take a chance on Kovy. What if though, you played him with Bergy & Marchy.

Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

Just like we did with Jagr? When everyone was clamoring for him to play with Krej. Maybe.. I don’t know though.

At $1 mil I’d take a flyer. Once playoffs hit maybe he enters another level?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

You can't. Not the way Cassidy uses the Bergeron line up against other teams top lines and defensive zone face-offs. Pastrnak doesn't get enough credit for his positioning and two-way game.

Meanwhile, Kovalchuk is a total liability defensively and without the puck on his stick.

The only place you could use Kovalchuk is with Krejci and the way Cassidy used the Krejci line in the last year's playoffs, essentially the most protected line from match-ups and given favorable offensive zone starts.

Reactions: sleepyh and Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
1 Million he is worth a shot, his competition with Krech is....................... RITCHIE

He probably skates at Krech's speed which is a bonus as he tends to put Pasta offside. Krech likes guys that go to the net and be a physical presence for him and make quick give and goes. Kovie is still a sniper, good for the power play that is struggling. Jagr was never a fit because he played on the wrong line.

Hall not playing sounds interesting, his cap hit is a killer though and that next contract, ouch.
Palmieri is the safer smarter choice at he makes just over 4 million for this and next year.
Toffoli is a possibility. Still need some grit, guy like Anderson is needed.

Reactions: sleepyh and Strafer

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
What are the odds on where Hall goes?

COL?
STL?
CGY?
EDM?
AZ?
BOS?
BUF?
DAL?
TML?
VGK?
SJS?
CAR?
PIT?
MT?

Why are there so many rumors !!

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Sweeney has to be in on Hall if there is ever a time to go all in. Sure it would be complex with the cap but one jersey could retain and two we could move Backes.

Hall, Palemri for Grzz, Heinen, Vaak, Moore 1st

jersey retains 50% on Hall.
So we looking at (7.6M cap total- 6.8M)

Dump Backes with a pick or prospect to someone else or simply waive Ritchie/Linholm and worry about moving Backes after Bonus paid July 1)

Hall wants to be a Bruin. Cap should go up next year a little (1.5M)... after July 1 Backes owed 3M with 6 M cap hit (will be movable contract). Leave us with 21 M plus to sign Hall,Krug,Halak,Chara, Debrusk,Bjork); (8.5,7,3,1.5, 3.5, 1.7). It doable is all I’m saying. I can live with cap hell if it means a deep 2020 & 2021 cup run with this aging core. These are our 2 years... if we don’t go for it now when do we go for it?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
A lot of nights, they were playing the dude close to 20 minutes, something that will never, ever happen if he's playing for a coach who is trying to win games. You throw a rolled up carpet on the ice for 20 minutes, it stands a decent change of registering a hit, a takeaway or an assist. Someone has to score on a lousy team.

You're making up facts to suit your argument. Kovalchuk has not played a single game this season over 16 and change, let alone 20. He averages around 15 minutes a night, which is about the same as Heinen who plays on our 3rd line and gets his ice time cut whenever Cassidy has a hair across his ass.

Last year, Kovalchuk had 7 games in the 20 minute range, 5 of them happened in his first month back in North America, so no, he wasn't playing 20 minutes "a lot of nights." 90% of the time he played 3rd line minutes with Adrian Kempe as his center. Kempe's not banking in 20 goals off a rug, he only had 28 points all season.

I see no downside to the move if you can sign him for close to league minimum. He'd have a couple months to prove to the NHL that he's worth signing so I would expect him to be on his best behavior. He didn't walk away from millions of dollars without a plan to get it back. He's gong to be playing for that contract. Besides, what's the point of all this leadership and character if you're afraid to bring in someone who needs to be led?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What are the odds on where Hall goes?

COL?
STL?
CGY?
EDM?
AZ?
BOS?
BUF?
DAL?
TML?
VGK?
SJS?
CAR?
PIT?
MT?

Why are there so many rumors !!

Cross Boston off the list right away. He isn't coming here. They're are so many rumors because no one knows where he's going and people are throwing shit against the wall hoping it sticks so they can gloat about having "SOURCES!!!" and being "RIGHT FIRST!!" :laugh:

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Cross Boston off the list right away. He isn't coming here. They're are so many rumors because no one knows where he's going and people are throwing **** against the wall hoping it sticks so they can gloat about having "SOURCES!!!" and being "RIGHT FIRST!!" :laugh:
Why? Makes zero sense Sweeney wouldn’t go for it this year he knows clock is ticking... and clearly jersey is fine with two dimes and a nickel for a quarter.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
You're making up facts to suit your argument. Kovalchuk has not played a single game this season over 16 and change, let alone 20. He averages around 15 minutes a night, which is about the same as Heinen who plays on our 3rd line and gets his ice time cut whenever Cassidy has a hair across his ass.

Last year, Kovalchuk had 7 games in the 20 minute range, 5 of them happened in his first month back in North America, so no, he wasn't playing 20 minutes "a lot of nights." 90% of the time he played 3rd line minutes with Adrian Kempe as his center. Kempe's not banking in 20 goals off a rug, he only had 28 points all season.

I see no downside to the move if you can sign him for close to league minimum. He'd have a couple months to prove to the NHL that he's worth signing so I would expect him to be on his best behavior. He didn't walk away from millions of dollars without a plan to get it back. He's gong to be playing for that contract. Besides, what's the point of all this leadership and character if you're afraid to bring in someone who needs to be led?
That's, uh, really something. You accuse me of making up facts, immediately pivot from Kovi's last 81 games to this year's nightmare, while completely blowing off the fact that he played 19 games last year with 18+ minutes. 19 games was 1/3 of his 2019 season - not some crap I'm using as salt for my argument.

But that's seven games.

Come on, man.

Oh, and Adrian Kempe scored 16 two years ago, before his inexplicable descent into uselessness.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
1 Million he is worth a shot, his competition with Krech is....................... RITCHIE

This right here. For a around league-minimum show-me contract how could you not sign Kovy when his toughest competition for the job is Brett Ritchie? Kovy sucks? Fine, waive him and bury the hit in Providence, or more likely he agrees to a termination and goes back to the KHL. If he pops 15-20 on Krejci's wing (would we like to see Krech playing with a wing that can actually snipe?) that is more than Brett Ritchie will ever get there.

He isn't ideal but no one is talking about a multi-year big dollar deal.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
This right here. For a around league-minimum show-me contract how could you not sign Kovy when his toughest competition for the job is Brett Ritchie? Kovy sucks? Fine, waive him and bury the hit in Providence, or more likely he agrees to a termination and goes back to the KHL. If he pops 15-20 on Krejci's wing (would we like to see Krech playing with a wing that can actually snipe?) that is more than Brett Ritchie will ever get there.

He isn't ideal but no one is talking about a multi-year big dollar deal.
which he could do now, because that option is there, and always will be, why would any organization deal with that knowing that anyway.....what are they going to do suspend him for not playing in Providence, even if that's an option, Sweeney likely vetted him when he came up the 1st time around and passed....

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You just seemed very confident in your post so it came off like you know something others don't. Just weird your post mimics a fake tweet. We will see, you're 100% right. Just don't hold your breath that it's the Bruins. I don't see how they can fit him under the cap.

According to CapFriendly they have 1.7+ in space currently. Moore is 2.75, so let say that is 4.5 mil. Hall is a 6m cap hit. If that post above is correct (not holding my breath either) and NJ retains, it's doable. Especially since someone will need to go down to Prov anyway, adding another 1.05 mil to the space. More gymnastics will be needed as Miller comes off LTIR and all that, but they will be needed in any case.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So the losing streak has just been the Bruins players doing they're 'Fall for Hall'?

That's a relief. Here I was thinking the Bruins needed a 2nd line winger but it turns out the team is on strike throwing games so Sweeney finally gets them the winger. Phew!

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad