Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Id take a chance on Kovalchuk at 1 mil, why not. from the little bit I've seen of him ,it seems like when he wants to play, he can still play. Maybe something incentive laden, because he still has skills.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
Kovalchuks NHL career is over, but I still dream about him playing with Bergeron & Marchand.

Marchand - Bergeron - 08/09 Kovalchuk
Kreider - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Heinen
Nordström - Kuraly - Wagner

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
If they do go the Kovalchuk route at the vet minimum I’d want them to do it today. I’d only to find out he can gel with his line mates in Boston and be useful.

If not that still leaves the TDL to make a more impactful move or two

Reactions: sarge88

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
He has 19 goals/43 points in 81 games since coming back to the NHL. Kings have the 4th worst record in the NHL over that span, behind the Senators, Wings, and Devils. He's probably just toast, but as a right shot secondary scorer.... I'd take a chance on him as a free addition. Put the rest of your assets together for another top-6 solution.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I honestly know nothing about his personality but based on his past with the Devils and now present with LA, I want nothing to do with him.

We hate Russians it wouldn’t work out well unless we dumped Backes in the deal.

Montreal has great luck woth Russians idk why they aren’t going for him he would do well there.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
If Kovy only costs 1million I see no reason not to take a risk on him.

Miro Satan’s career was done and came in and had great few months playing with Krejci.

Mark Recchi was waived the season he ended up with bruins.

I can see Kovalchuk as a similar addition. I think he would be great playing with Krejci.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kovalchuk
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Kovy this year....

9 points in 17 games

On the LA KINGS..... No PP time, 3rd/4th line mins at a -10

Now what if he got PP time and 2nd line mins with a defensive responsible line like Marcy/Bergy or DK46?

Not saying Kovy is the next MOJO here, but 1M flier for 1 year puts him in looking for a new contract mode on a playoff team.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Kovy this year....

9 points in 17 games

On the LA KINGS..... No PP time, 3rd/4th line mins at a -10

Now what if he got PP time and 2nd line mins with a defensive responsible line like Marcy/Bergy or DK46?

Not saying Kovy is the next MOJO here, but 1M flier for 1 year puts him in looking for a new contract mode on a playoff team.

3 of his 9 points came on the PP and he averaged 15:25 per game so not really 3rd/4th line minutes

Not making an argument for or against him, but worth noting

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There's a reason Kovalchuk got benched by one of the worst teams in the NHL -- he's simply not good enough to be very effective in the NHL. He was hurting the team more than helping them. Dude sucks defensively and is not close to what he used to be offensively. No way he would fit in with Cassidy's system. Totally pointless to waste time trying a Kovy experiment. Spend the time and resources trying to make a substantive change to enhance middle 6 scoring. From what's being reported it appears that Kovy will have no problem bolting to the KHL since he has a great contract offer from a team in Russia. The Kings gambled and took a chance on giving Kovy a shot. They lost. Not sure why any of the top tier teams would gamble making the same mistake knowing what everyone now knows about Kovy's game.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
3 of his 9 points came on the PP and he averaged 15:25 per game so not really 3rd/4th line minutes

Not making an argument for or against him, but worth noting

Odd, over in the trade main board kings fan's often stated that he barely got any 1st or 2nd line time and was barely on the PP.
Thanks for correction

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Id take a chance on Kovalchuk at 1 mil, why not. from the little bit I've seen of him ,it seems like when he wants to play, he can still play. Maybe something incentive laden, because he still has skills.
I used to love Kovalchuk. I wouldn't want him on Providence now. Last thing they need is a lazy, slow, now non physical forward.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If Kovy only costs 1million I see no reason not to take a risk on him.

Miro Satan’s career was done and came in and had great few months playing with Krejci.

Mark Recchi was waived the season he ended up with bruins.

I can see Kovalchuk as a similar addition. I think he would be great playing with Krejci.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kovalchuk
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Miro wasn't a lazy *******.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
the cost of kovalchuk was the biggest draw back to me... we were his second choice when he went to LA...

obviously he didnt work out on a bottom feeder team... but who on earth imagines he came back to the nhl to play on a bottom feeder team? they sold him a bill of goods. they told him he could make a difference there

was he disinterested after he learnt how badly they suck?
I mean... his entire career... hes been a selfish player. thats what he was always known for

I think he knows hes in his last days... and he wanted a chance to play on a winner team... redeam his reputation somewhat. hes a bit like kovalev. kovalev was considered a very sucky selfish floating puck hoggy 1 dimensional guy until he got a chance to play in ny on a cup winner. now thats his legacy

ovechkins legacy is 1000 times better after winning a cup

for great players... their legacy means something to them

kovalchuk knew his legacy in LA was being dragged through the mud... so yes... I can accept he was very disheartened.

what are we looking for here in boston?
a guy that is comfortable on rw… yes check
a guy that could fire power up our second pp unit? yes check
a guy that provides more even strength scoring than kids like kuhlman and Ritchie?

someone that fits our cap?

considering we went so hard after him before... I think its obvious someone in our brain trust likes him

do we write him off just because he didnt fit in with LA?
now that we can sign him to a minimum contract... do we not take a gamble?

im calling it an AOF level 5 alert

kovalchuk is about to become a bruin... maybe after joining us for a few practices... sort of like lee stempniak hung around... and theres been a few other guys... pandolfo… gagne… we have a history of letting guys hang around...

im actually quite excited by this... that contract of his was a killer... but he still has the ability to put up a high light real play. we just need to get his head and heart into it

sign him to a minimum contract... let him earn his chance to redeam his legacy... if he sucks its easy to send him packing

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins really don't have a lot of cap space. Any free agents would need to accept veteran minimum.

They only reason they can trade is because salaries are pro-rated so you essentially pay half of the player's salary at the trade deadline.

I heard that the Bruins might be interested in Kyle Palmieri. His contract length matches up with Backes. Would it be possible to give up some assets such as picks/prospects and swap Backes for Palmieri?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I challenge anyone to find a more disinterested player in the NHL the past season and a half than Ilya Kovalchuk.
In his 81 games in LA, Kovalchuk had 19 goals, 43 points, 38 hits and 24 takeaways.

Pretty good for someone disinterested.

That would be a career year for most of the fodder Krejci has played with the last three years.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
In his 81 games in LA, Kovalchuk had 19 goals, 43 points, 38 hits and 24 takeaways.

Pretty good for someone disinterested.

That would be a career year for most of the fodder Krejci has played with the last three years.

Dont let facts get in the way :)

Seriously, no one is expecting a savior here... but hes not 6 mill or even 3 mill... hes not a 2 year deal

This is a guy who wanted a chance to win... was negotiating with boston... and suddenly could be had for league minimum

And... struggling in a bad situation, was a 20 goal 40 point guy

If he suddenly put in an effort i can easily see 25 goal/50 point 2nd liner with krejci

And again... if he is a problem we cut him loose.

Patriots took that risk on the reciever... it didnt work... but it didnt hurt

No one is saying give kovalchuck a 3 year deal. We got a hole and i say lets try him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad