Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

And heeeeerrree come the "we should sign Kovalchuk" takes...

Would giving him a shot be the worst thing?

3 goals in 17 games --- Not much different than some of the other guys who are being used in the top 9.

Maybe he comes here and it works and they don't need to move out prospects or picks.

If it's just money, why not give it chance?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

3 goals in 17 games --- Not much different than some of the other guys who are being used in the top 9.

Maybe he comes here and it works and they don't need to move out prospects or picks.

Nope don't want him, he is one guy I am happy DS lost out on. Lets move on from this guy please.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Nope don't want him, he is one guy I am happy DS lost out on. Lets move on from this guy please.

He's scoring goals this year on a crappy team at the same clip as Heinen and Bjork.

Wouldn't cost assets -- and could come here and hopefully click with Krejci.

If, by the deadline it becomes clear he's not the answer, they can make a move then.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

He was on a 40/45 pt pace, same as last year. He still demands respect on the powerplay as well. If he legit looked for a <1 million 1 year deal type thing I would look into it. But that's about it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He was on a 40/45 pt pace, same as last year. He still demands respect on the powerplay as well. If he legit looked for a <1 million 1 year deal type thing I would look into it. But that's about it.

I forgot to mention the salary part.

I'm not looking for them to pay him much more than that, for sure.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I forgot to mention the salary part.

I'm not looking for them to pay him much more than that, for sure.

The Bruins simply can't pay him more than that right now, not without moving some contracts and/or waiving some guys. If you are Kovalchuk, do you take a Par Lindholm contract to stay in the NHL? :dunno:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Bruins simply can't pay him more than that right now, not without moving some contracts and/or waiving some guys. If you are Kovalchuk, do you take a Par Lindholm contract to stay in the NHL? :dunno:

I don't know.

Hard to say --- Personally, if I've already made millions in my career playing hockey, moved back to NA to play in the NHL and were cut by a team and became a free agent in December, I could think of worse things than to take +/- a million dollars to play on one of the top teams in the league.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

I'd rather they just spend assets to get someone who is a legit NHLer than waste more time on another experiment

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
So if LA Kings are terminating his contract, don't they still owe him the money?
They wouldn't owe him money, but his full cap hit would remain on the books for this season and next. It's why they've traded to trade him with retained salary and also why no team wants him on his current deal.

That is to say that the termination has to be mutual. Kovy would be forfeiting around $4 mil in salary if he agrees to it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'd rather they just spend assets to get someone who is a legit NHLer than waste more time on another experiment

Fair enough. I just think that being on a better team can sometimes fix things.

Reactions: maxl7

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yea he should still be paid by LA unless they have good reason to terminate. So unless he had Jagr level gambling debt he is probably looking to win now more than make money.

I would think a cheap deal for a half season on a contender is on his mind.

We'll see.

Edit: nevermind it looks to be a mutual termination meaning he'd forfeit next year's salary. He may still want to be paid.

DFBRUINS

Nov 23, 2019
If LA is terminating Kovy's contract and they are at the bottom of the league, what makes people think Kovy would be a good addition to the #2 place team in the league?
Not that I disagree on not taking Kovy but NJD isn't doing so hot and I'd take Hall....

Reactions: easton117
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad