Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Even if it's for a 26 year old scoring center??

I'd argue Lando and/or Duchene are more than just NOW players.

Duchene can walk in two years so he's close to a "now player" vs a long-term player. Landeskog is more of a long term option being signed for four more years.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
So if neither Boston or Montreal will trade their best defensive prospects where does Sakic go from here?

Seems like ANA would be a great fit no? They have a lot of young defenseman and are looking for a LW

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Maybe Colorado adds a prospect/pick?

If I'm the Bruins, I have no interest in acquiring extra mid to low round picks, regardless if it's from a terrible team. Nor do I think COL is interested in dealing picks either TBH.

Zboril + 1st + Beleskey is a perfectly fair offer. Maybe add another lesser prospect. Gabrielle or JFK are not that.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So if neither Boston or Montreal will trade their best defensive prospects where does Sakic go from here?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about teams like NSH or ANH in regards to Landeskog/Duchene. Both groups have good young d-men that can go back to Colorado.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He might have to wait until the offseason.

Maybe he can still cut a deal with Montreal that doesn't include Sergachev.

But it really depends on what they do with Galchenyuk.

If he ends up a LW, they have zero need for Landeskog. They are fairly solid on both left and right wing.

But it only magnifies the need for them up the middle.

Interesting that Bergevin also said there are no top center-men available.

Personally I think Sakic is trying to capitalize on a year with very few sellers and teams willing to part with high end assets, to see if a fellow GM bites on one of his bigger fish between now and the deadline.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If I'm the Bruins, I have no interest in acquiring extra mid to low round picks, regardless if it's from a terrible team. Nor do I think COL is interested in dealing picks either TBH.

Zboril + 1st + Beleskey is a perfectly fair offer. Maybe add another lesser prospect. Gabrielle or JFK are not that.
I could see Heinen added then. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about teams like NSH or ANH in regards to Landeskog/Duchene. Both groups have good young d-men that can go back to Colorado.
Nashville inquired about Duchene but thought the price was too much.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

I don't think either of those teams want to break up their D during a playoff run.

I think COL should wait till after the season and get more buyers to the table, especially right before expansion draft.

I think, if the Bruins do move Carlo, they should wait until after the season right before the expansion draft.

So much is going to open up then, when teams get scared of losing assets for free. Maybe ANA would be willing to move Lindholm for Carlo (who is exempt) instead of losing Manson for free.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I could see Heinen added then. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Nashville inquired about Duchene but thought the price was too much.

Seems to be the consensus when it comes to what the Av's want for Duchene & Landeskog.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Personally I think Sakic is trying to capitalize on a year with very few sellers and teams willing to part with high end assets, to see if a fellow GM bites on one of his bigger fish between now and the deadline.

Has a bit of that flavor to it. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if certain photos were "staged" and certain rumors were "leaked" in an effort to fuel a bidding war.

Note to self - stop watching so many "documentaries"

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seems to be the consensus when it comes to what the Av's want for Duchene & Landeskog.

Yup.

And the vast majority of the time when a GM who wants to move an asset, extremely over-values that asset, deals don't often tend to happen.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
No kidding can we put this one to bed yet. If this was as "close" as we where originally told then why are we 48 hours out without a shred of news. This deal is dead, let'a stop talking about Landeskog like it was ever ever even a real thing.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What does the + have to be in a Beleskey for Landeskog swap?

Beleskey + Zboril + 1st + JFK for Landeskog and maybe a 3rd?

If Cehlarik is a fit with Krejci this gives Boston some great depth without having to give up Carlo or McAvoy.

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Landeskog-Spooner-Vatrano
Schaller-Moore-Nash

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Avs fan coming in peace. Out of curiousity, say the deal is landeskog for carlo, a first and one non mcavoy prospect. Who would you guys hate to lose the most? Seems like u have a bunch of solid prospects with similar value which is why i ask

Carlo is the main piece that the whole board is debating on right now. We are at 37 pages and counting. That's how much people think of Carlo.

As far as the prospect goes, I would hate to lose in this order:

1. JFK

2. Zboril

3. Lauzon
4. Gabriele
5. Lindgren

6. Bjork
7. Senyshyn
8. Debrusk

...but guys like Kirk or DKH can give you a list more accurately than I.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Landeskog is 24 years old with 4 20+ goal seasons under his belt already for a terrible NHL team. I don't think that offer is remotely fair.

Beleskey is possibly a net negative at this point, barely an asset if at all. So Colorado is going to take our 3rd or 4th best defensive "prospect" (behind McAvoy, Carlo and maybe Lauzon) plus a 1st rounder in a weak draft for a guy they picked #2 overall, captain of their team with 4 20+ goal seasons already? Plus Matt Beleskey's cap hit?

Sorry I don't think that offer is close. I don't even think Boston would make that deal if they were on the other end of it, and Boston loves giving up the best player in trades. That's how far off that seems to me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Carlo is the main piece that the whole board is debating on right now. We are at 37 pages and counting. That's how much people think of Carlo.

As far as the prospect goes, I would hate to lose in this order:

1. JFK

2. Zboril

3. Lauzon
4. Gabriele
5. Lindgren

6. Bjork
7. Senyshyn
8. Debrusk

...but guys like Kirk or DKH can give you a list more accurately than I.

I'd have to bump Senyshyn up alongside JFK, based on his potential, his performance, and the fact he is by far and away the best natural RWer in the Boston system.

Then also consider the current RW situation behind Pasta is Backes who could end up back in the middle, followed by Jimmy Hayes and Riley Nash.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
IDK if I posted this before, but I feel like a 3-way deal between COL/BOS/ANH makes sense. ANH has a good supply of young d-men and could use some draft exempt talent, BOS has the draft exempt talent and could use a 2nd line winger and finally COL has the second line winger, but needs young defensemen.

Looks like Anaheim is about to lose their #3 center for 10-20 game suspension.

Spooner anyone or is he untouchable now too?:sarcasm:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ha ha, stay away from the rapidly declining Ryan. The Sens would trade him for a bucket of pucks to get out of that contract.

rapidly declining? He's posted a .69 ppg for 3 straight seasons. I get he's having a bad year, but rapidly declining might be a little much.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
why are some of you so fixed on the Lando at LW?

He can play all three forward positions.

What's to say he can't be the second line center in two years?

Don't just think about today, think about today and longer term

Thanks Dom!

I guess you're using the bold as an example, but that would mean one of Bergy or Krejci is gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad