Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That last sentence..

I mean, Landeskog's current season clearly illustrates this is simply not true. I would argue the opposite side - players who are ascendant are less of a gamble than players on a descendant trajectory.

But your taking a fraction of his career and making an assumption based on that. Landeksog has hit 20/30 in 4 of his last 5 seasons and the only season he didn't was due to the lockout.

Fast forward to this year and he's on pace for a 20/20 season. Not a 20/30, but not far off either considering he plays for the worst team in the NHL.

Simply looking at G/A/Pts can be deceiving if your not taking GP into consideration.

For his career...

.63 PPG
.47 PPG
.80 PPG
.72 PPG
.71 PPG
.52 PPG

Over an 82 game season the different between .80 & .72 PPG is 6 points (not much). From .72 to .71 PPG is next to nothing. Now the red flag of .52 PPG, is that because of Landeskog and his abilities or is that because of how bad the team is?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I kind of proposed a bit of a different offer (keep in mind, my record on these things are horrific), that goes with what your saying

Vatrano/Spoons + Zboril/Lauzon/Lindgren/O`Gara/Grizz + pick for Landy and a pick back (I want that 3rd round pick back that the B`s sent off via trade last year

I don`t think this team is nearly deep enough on the R side to sacrifice pieces, on the left, different story

Lets narrow the names down for context.

Vatrano (Av's are good at center)
Zboril (said to want a young defender)
1st Round pick in 2017

for

Lando
3rd round pick in 2017

I don't think that gets you Landasgkog alone, never mind adding a pick. Sakic is trying to do what Boston should have done with Seguin, cash in on an extremely valuable asset.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
KPD is saying the hang up is the Bruins not wanting to include Carlo and others are saying that Sakic is still scouting the add-ins. I wonder where it's really at??

1) Not wanting to and not going to are two different things. I don't want to go to work, but I have to in order to pay the bills.

2) Is partly true. scouting "add-ins" or "alternative Bruins proposal"

"pick one or the other - or move on"

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Kind of my point, I expect Carlo to be good, Wesley and McLaren never became great, they were steady second pairing guys for years, which is fine and a steal for a second round pick. But if there is an impact, young, 25+ goal scoring power forward with intangibles available at the cost of a 15 year second pair D I make that trade.

Well I feel the opposite. I think considering we still need to pay Pastrnak, and that we already have 4 other 6+mil forwards, and we have a boatload of forward prospects, that we shouldn't trade one of our best D prospects for another forward.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
1) Not wanting to and not going to are two different things. I don't want to go to work, but I have to in order to pay the bills.

I'm scared what the price will end up to be. :help:

Young cost-controlled top-4 D are supposed to be very pricey to acquire. Why should the Bruins need to add to Carlo to get Landeskog? The add should be on the Avs part...

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Love how everybody thinks Zboril isn't a top prospect anymore. He's having a monster year in the Q and is getting better.

He is a legit top prospect. So for anyone who says Colorado wouldn't do a Zboril + 1st, + Beleskey for Landeskog are being foolish.

Basically this would work out to 2 firsts + Beleskey who plays LW and would continue to do so in Colorado.

Sure Sakic wants Carlo or McAvoy but he isn't getting either. He's probably scouting JFK/Donato to add to a trade.

Would you do Zboril + JFK or Donato + Beleskey + 1st

for

Landeskog

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Belesky and Zboril being PART of the package isn't that far fetched though.

No it isn't but, even if you're bullish on Zboril (understandable), including both him and Carlo isn't something I'd want the Bruins to do. They need defense, both this season and beyond, which ideally allows them to move on from McQuaid/K Miller. Yeah, McAvoy should be here next season, but trading Carlo & Zboril in the same deal is just...I don't know that's tough.

I get they have an abundance of prospects, and that they'll need to deal a few, but I personally wouldn't include Carlo in that deal.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

I hear you, it's just the KPD is saying that Carlo is a non-starter for the Bruins, while others are saying it could happen. To be honest, I'm thinking that if Carlo was a non-starter Sakic would have moved on and it seems they are trying to make someting work here. I am just guessing though.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
That's the issue though. "At this moment". If this moment is this year and they are basing decisions about young players on this year, then they are even dumber than I thought. Or more selfish about protecting their own jobs over what's best for the organization.

If the Bruins feel Landeskog is a 25+ goal scorer with even more upside than he's shown, and Carlo is still probably a 2nd pair dman in the NHL, then they should be trying to make this deal work. Their pipeline is clearly deep, especially on D, and 2nd pair dmen are easier to develop and/or acquire than 25+ goal scorers on decent contracts at age 24.

So again, comes down to where they see the career trajectories of these players, and when they intend to truly try to contend. Just please tell me that nobody is basing any decisions on the success of the 2016-2017 Boston Bruins.

I agree to a certain extent. In my opinion, Carlos has potential to be a solid #2, that's why I'm not trading him for Landeskog and maybe the reason Sweeney, apparently, is saying no too.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Don't see why Colorado trades Landeskog given his age and contract. They should trade Duchene for a stud young D (e.g. Sergachyov) and a first, draft 1st or 2nd overall this year (say, Nolan Patrick) and hire a new coach. That is enough of a shake-up.

That said, if they do trade Landeskog to Boston, and the deal doesn't include Carlo or McAvoy, I see something like this:

Lauzon
Frederic
C. Miller
1st

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Just catching up:

I agree with Dom here, Lando is a guy you jump at 10/10 times. I think posters are severely undervaluing him on this board. He's a stud, he's 24. Put him with the Bruins top 6 and he's going to produce.

Brandon Carlo has been a savior for us, no one expected this out of him in his first season. How good is Carlo? The jury is still out on him to be truthful. Potential #2, #3 or #4? All I know is we have the cupboards stocked with D prospects coming in, mainly MacAvoy who looks like #2/#3 RD. We have Colin Miller who I'd be shocked if he couldn't be at minimum #4 for this team. We have Krug who's a #2/#3 LD. We have Chara for another year who's a #2LD and can mentor MacAvoy much like he did to Carlo. What we also have is a top 5 world class goalie in Tuukka Rask as well. Sure he's been worn down this year with the workload but if Dobby can string some wins together or we need to go get a backup to give Tuukka a break here and there, bottom line is Rask can make any D better than it truly is.

Oh and our top 6 with Lando? Bergeron/Marchand/Backes/Lando/Krejci/Pasta.........5-6, not including Pasta, are amazing two way players. Our 4th line of Moore/Nash/whoever is an awesome defensive first line who can chip in here and there with a goal.

End of the day, losing Carlo is a tough pill to swallow. Young, cost controlled, RD playing top 2 minutes and not looking out of place. But Lando is a proven commodity and he makes us a better team instantly. You take that deal everyday of the week, especially if Hayes/Beleskey is moving out to Colorado as well. IF Sweeney can get Lando for a prospect not named Carlo/MacAvoy, then we're laughing.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I hear you, it's just the KPD is saying that Carlo is a non-starter for the Bruins, while others are saying it could happen. To be honest, I'm thinking that if Carlo was a non-starter Sakic would have moved on and it seems they are trying to make someting work here. I am just guessing though.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The fact remains is he was at the Beanpot for scouting 4 (i believe) bruin prospects.

We heard from Dom on Monday morning saying the bruins/Avs were close to a deal. What stopped it? I think DS won't trade Carlo. Just me guessing too.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Don't see why Colorado trades Landeskog given his age and contract. They should trade Duchene for a stud young D (e.g. Sergachyov) and a first, draft 1st or 2nd overall this year (say, Nolan Patrick) and hire a new coach. That is enough of a shake-up.

That said, if they do trade Landeskog to Boston, and the deal doesn't include Carlo or McAvoy, I see something like this:

Lauzon
Frederic
C. Miller
1st

Take out Colin Miller and now you have a fair offer for Landeskog.

Essentially a two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Landeskog. More than fair.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Love how everybody thinks Zboril isn't a top prospect anymore. He's having a monster year in the Q and is getting better.

He is a legit top prospect. So for anyone who says Colorado wouldn't do a Zboril + 1st, + Beleskey for Landeskog are being foolish.

Basically this would work out to 2 firsts + Beleskey who plays LW and would continue to do so in Colorado.

Sure Sakic wants Carlo or McAvoy but he isn't getting either. He's probably scouting JFK/Donato to add to a trade.

for

Landeskog

Last I checked the Q isn't the NHL. There have been tons of players who tore up Jr were drafted in the first round but never made it in the NHL.

Sakic doesn't have to move Landeskog. He's got him signed and at a pretty reasonable rate. Teams who want him are gonna have to pay, and that why Zboril, Belesky & a pick don't get it done.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA

Could I then infer from this, Dom, that Sakic is fine with something like Carlo + 1st + whomever else (unnamed prospect(s)), but is currently scouting/weighing the value of which of those prospect(s) he would choose? However, on the other hand, Sweeney has come back and said something to the effect of "Listen we'll do this (see above), take your pick from amongst this selection of prospects as an add-in, but what about [higher-end prospect not named McAvoy, additional prospect 1, additional prospect 2, 1st]?

If this is the case, either way, it sounds more like a question of "when" as opposed to "if." Further, whether this place will implode when the "when" comes about or be ready to give DS some serious love, because Sakic chose option 2.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just catching up:

I agree with Dom here, Lando is a guy you jump at 10/10 times. I think posters are severely undervaluing him on this board. He's a stud, he's 24. Put him with the Bruins top 6 and he's going to produce.

Brandon Carlo has been a savior for us, no one expected this out of him in his first season. How good is Carlo? The jury is still out on him to be truthful. Potential #2, #3 or #4? All I know is we have the cupboards stocked with D prospects coming in, mainly MacAvoy who looks like #2/#3 RD. We have Colin Miller who I'd be shocked if he couldn't be at minimum #4 for this team. We have Krug who's a #2/#3 LD. We have Chara for another year who's a #2LD and can mentor MacAvoy much like he did to Carlo. What we also have is a top 5 world class goalie in Tuukka Rask as well. Sure he's been worn down this year with the workload but if Dobby can string some wins together or we need to go get a backup to give Tuukka a break here and there, bottom line is Rask can make any D better than it truly is.

Oh and our top 6 with Lando? Bergeron/Marchand/Backes/Lando/Krejci/Pasta.........5-6, not including Pasta, are amazing two way players. Our 4th line of Moore/Nash/whoever is an awesome defensive first line who can chip in here and there with a goal.

End of the day, losing Carlo is a tough pill to swallow. Young, cost controlled, RD playing top 2 minutes and not looking out of place. But Lando is a proven commodity and he makes us a better team instantly. You take that deal everyday of the week, especially if Hayes/Beleskey is moving out to Colorado as well. IF Sweeney can get Lando for a prospect not named Carlo/MacAvoy, then we're laughing.

If they acquired Landeskog, I'd be more interested in inserting him on the 3rd line w/ Spooner and Vatrano to see what they could do. If they find some chemistry you can roll 3 solid lines and a shutdown 4th line.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

for

Landeskog

1st,Zboril,Gabrielle and JFK is my bet
I can't see DS trading Teddy's kid...

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Just catching up:

Before anointing Landeskog with the LW slot on Krejci's line, I'd wait out the road trip to see how Cehlarik does. Krejci has already said he likes playing with him. And having David to mentor him would enhance his confidence and develop his skill set.

Lando , along with Spooner + Czarnik/ Vatrano could give the team balanced scoring from three lines.

As for the fourth line, Nash should not be in the same sentence with "chip in here and there with a goal". Moore and Schaller, no problem.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I think Don is waiting to see if Sakic will blink the closer we get to the deadline. He must have a deal with him that doesn't include Carlo but is likely still as competitive a package as other teams are proposing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad